Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by xcloxclox
hiiii!waiting for ysj to accept me as it is my insurance!
i really want good accommodation but because its my insurance does this mean i might not get halls? :frown:

It was my insurance and I haven't got halls, I've got university managed housing. 10 bedroom house :O it seems pretty nice though and it's only a 10 minute walk to campus.
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 241
Original post by hollyyyy
It was my insurance and I haven't got halls, I've got university managed housing. 10 bedroom house :O it seems pretty nice though and it's only a 10 minute walk to campus.

okayy well that sounds okay then... as long as i'm with first years x
Hi :smile: I'll be doing a BA Joint Honours in Creative Writing and English Literature.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by BenNicholsonSufc
Looking forward to going, got a conditional offer for Physical education and Sport coaching. :biggrin:

anybody else on here from Sheffied??

Im doing physical education and sport coaching too! And I'm from Barnsley, which is next door to sheff :biggrin:
Hi, I'm just going into my third year at York St John University, studying Primary Education (5-11) and am absolutely loving it!! It's a great course, with everything really well organised such as placement; it's all organised by the university's School Partnership Office. You get placed in schools around the area, with travel sorted and lots of advice and support offered by the tutors. The tutors themselves are all really knowledgable and supportive, with recent experience in Primary schools, ensuring you get the most up to date teaching methods and initiatives. I have really enjoyed the last two years at YSJ, growing as both a teacher and a person. I'm sad my time at YSJ is coming to an end, but excited to become a qualified teacher!!!

A friend of mine from home has just applied to this course through clearing and he tells me that there are still places available, which is really rare, so I would recommend the Primary Education course at York St John to anyone!!! :smile:
Reply 245
Hi. I'm currently on the Primary Education course at York St John too and I can agree with 'miss.teacher' on the quality of the course. I'm really enjoying it so far and have enjoyed my placements. It's amazing how much you develop as a person as well as a teacher each year of the course. I'd definitely still choose York St John and the Primary Education course if I was applying again this year. Also, I have also seen from the website that there are places available on Primary Education through clearing, which is very rare!
Reply 246
my firm choice actually accepted me!!! i just missed the conditions but they still let me on so looks like i wont be at ysj afterall!!! hope you all enjoy it though :biggrin:
Reply 247
Hey, i'm doing English Language and Creative Writing and living in 8 Lang House - really struggling to find house mates so let me know if you're living with me/near me, or doing the same course :biggrin:
Original post by BeckieD23
Hey, i'm doing English Language and Creative Writing and living in 8 Lang House - really struggling to find house mates so let me know if you're living with me/near me, or doing the same course :biggrin:

I'm doing Creative Writing and English Literature, so we might be in the same Creative Writing seminars/lectures. How far away is your address from Haxby Road? I'm on the same road as City Residence so only 10 mins or so from uni

Hey I'm in 1 Lang House

I'm studying Primary Ed (3-7) and I'm in the self contained flats - Reynard Studio 52 :smile:

I'd like to know people who are in a similar area to me, or doing my course :biggrin:
I'm studying Music Production and I'll be living at 20 Amber Street. Would be cool to chat to anyone on the course or anyone living around me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending