Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Tesco Store Management Graduate Scheme 2011/12 Assessment Centre! Watch

ReputationRep:
    So...I emailed to double check...and the words are its 'potentially' an offer. but we still have to meet/talk to the distribution recruitment team to see if its right for us (ie: they also need to meet us)

the lady from tesco said in theory there is no reason why it should get signed off and become a guaranteed offer as we were good enough for stores etc. so its still great news, but not 100% confirmed until after we speak to distribution team

ReputationRep:
    ye sounds the same as the phone call i had, she said its not 100% but they're seeing what they can do and its hopeful or something! trying to not get too excited until its a definite! but wahooooooooooooo! x

ReputationRep:
    yeah, basically i emailed to ask them to clarify and she called back lol

she said its never 100% until the offer gets sent/signed off but there is no reason why it shouldnt happen.

Just another waiting game for the phone call from distribution people now!

ReputationRep:
    sounds hopeful, she sounded positive in mine but I think she just didn't want to say its 100% certain. exciting. will let you know when I hear anything xxx

ReputationRep:
    ahh this is good news. I didn't know whether we had actually been offered a place, or were being offered a place at the assessment centre for distribution - so hearing what you have been told is good news!

Fingers crossed we will get on, I can't see why we wouldn't want it!

ReputationRep:
    im sure its not assessment centre because she said to me that we've done all the hard work so we don't have to re-apply or do any part of the process again just have a meeting with them!

ReputationRep:
    excited! I was reluctant to go down the distribution route at first as thats what my dad did with tesco, but I am surpised at how excited by it i am!

ReputationRep:
    ye and its skills which can be used later because every company has some sort of distribution, and at the end of the day its a graduate scheme with a decent salary and were lucky to have that opportunity....just need to get a 2:1 now haha

ReputationRep:
    yeah, at least I don't have that worry as my grades on my masters don't matter! I am sure you will do fine!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah 2:1 is the main worry for me as well now haha just about to hand my dissertation is as well, so this could play a major part in it!

Let me know if you hear anything else guys

ReputationRep:
    got a follow up email from yesterday, doesn't sound half as positive as the phone call! lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah I agree, the email makes it sound as though its just something they're considering.

Not gonna get my hopes now unless I hear anything concrete.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, did you get a phone call today?x

ReputationRep:
    I had 2 missed calls from an unknown number at about 2PM today. I was in a seminar so couldn't answer it, even though I had a suspicion it would be Tesco!

What exactly did they say?

I'm hoping they will call back tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    How much do tesco pay to training managers, roughly?

ReputationRep:
    ye it was probably them then because thats about the time they rang me! not alot really, sounded very positive, she arranged a date with me to go to a distribution centre, shes going to send an email with all the details! im sure they'll ring back tomorrow! x

ReputationRep:
    Just had my phone call! I'm going to be going to Daventry distribution centre on either the 12th or 13th June. Anyone got the same?

ReputationRep:
    I am off to livingston depot on 12/13th june i think!

ReputationRep:
    oh she never told me where and I never asked! woops haha. she said she'd email me with the details but its on 12/13th June! Wish I'd of asked now!

ReputationRep:
    I ended up emailing her to ask as I wanted to know if it would be close by or I would have to organise trains etc and she said atm they have me down for livingston if thats okay!

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.