Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by morgangills)
    My screen of all greens was ruined by this - "your a cretin".
    Did they leave a name? And did you send a message with the oh-so-witty 'what about it?'. :p:

My last negative rep was anonymous. I don't get that. What are people frightened of?

ReputationRep:
    Nope...no name.

Bloody pouss.

Maybe they didn't realise that names didn't come up automatically OR they were worried that you'd give them negative rep back and then set fire to their house.

ReputationRep:
    They feared my wrath...hence the anonymous-ness.

I wonder what people fear when they leave me negative rep anonymously. I ain't scary.

ReputationRep:
    chuck jessica simpson in there and finish this once and for all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    I ain't scary.
    I dunno...you turned on me in the free for all...

I've got three +ve reps today...madness.

(Original post by so_this_is_sam)
    chuck jessica simpson in there and finish this once and for all
    I'd back that one.

I dunno...you turned on me in the free for all...

I've got three +ve reps today...madness.
    That thing about your dream? I'm sorry sir, that wasn't meant to be mean or anything, I was just trying to make something up for you. :p:

I haven't had any rep for days. Positive or negative.

ReputationRep:
    I'm fragile at the moment...you know that...I can't take severe words from women.

I'm sorry.

ReputationRep:
    You're forgiven...

ReputationRep:
    Bands / artists that release 'Greatest Hits' compilations after about 2 albums and a few singles that were anything but great.

They deserve to burn.

ReputationRep:
    So coldplay escape room 101.

Sadly. I bet if we'd had that poll open for just a day or two longer, they would've been in.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gutted.

I predict a riot.

ReputationRep:
    Not a Vorderman in sight.

ReputationRep:
    How's about our jolly Scottish friends...Franz Ferdinand?

The lead singer looks like a weasel. For me that is their biggest crime, although his jaw-droppingly pretentious food column in the Guardian is pretty awful too, look at this: "Excitement yelps around the table. Fear chases it, propelled by vague and venomous statistics like poisonous humming birds eager to spear any sense of adventurousness" - what? Just because you had a no.1 album doesn't mean you're the Poet Laureate mate.

Their music is the same old Strokesian angular buzzsaw rock sound, yet somehow by having references to obscure artists and by speaking in German for a couple of songs they are seen to be profound by the slobbering masses. Their songs are all hook and no substance - instantly forgettable, marvellously trite and inane.

I apologise if that doesn't make sense, I've had a few...

He looks more like a skinny hamster than a weasel. And that's a good thing. He also has good dress sense.

ReputationRep:
    How's about our jolly Scottish friends...Franz Ferdinand?

The lead singer looks like a weasel. For me that is their biggest crime, although his jaw-droppingly pretentious food column in the Guardian is pretty awful too, look at this: "Excitement yelps around the table. Fear chases it, propelled by vague and venomous statistics like poisonous humming birds eager to spear any sense of adventurousness" - what? Just because you had a no.1 album doesn't mean you're the Poet Laureate mate.

Their music is the same old Strokesian angular buzzsaw rock sound, yet somehow by having references to obscure artists and by speaking in German for a couple of songs they are seen to be profound by the slobbering masses. Their songs are all hook and no substance - instantly forgettable, marvellously trite and inane.

I apologise if that doesn't make sense, I've had a few...
    Thats a pretty poor excuse. Their music is good.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.