Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
    Nightowl
    60.00%
    Wootcannon
    6.67%
    Brimstone
    30.00%
    Ahmed
    0%
    ABSTAIN
    3.33%

ReputationRep:
    I know, it would only be a rough guide and I wasn't being serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyP)
    I know, it would only be a rough guide and I wasn't being serious
    Can you explain how it can be a rough guide, I don't quite understand.

ReputationRep:
    Just that a countries with a pop. of a few million will not, in general, have much to say. I agree that it is a massive generalisation though

ReputationRep:
    Greece think that all countries in the U.N should have a fair equality. Globalization is set to enhance this equality, attempting to give poorer countries trade contacts with richer countries, trade contacts are placed to attempt to improve a countries wealth, hence - moving these countries forward to equality of other countries.
    Globalization has discontentes; countries may look down on countries being helped, and therefore would not give them a say in votes etc. Yet generally; all countries should have an equal say - yet some countries seem to think they are more equal. (Animal Farm - George Orwell) :P

ReputationRep:
    Brazil is waiting for one of the candidates to have their own say in the matter

ReputationRep:
    Was that comment directed towards me?

ReputationRep:
    No, as I do not believe that you are running for the post of SG

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the delay, I was away in the land of nod.

(Original post by Aiman)
    Will the next SG make everyone re-choose the countries they wish to represent (as it happened when MUN II) started? The MUN has 60 countries under representation, but at the most 25 are active. What do you intend to do about this?
    If I’m elected, inactive reps are one of the first things I intend to deal with. It isn’t fair that some of these inactive people get to hog countries which other people might want to represent. I want to stay clear of redistribution, as you said it caused chaos. I wasn’t hearing at the time, but I have looked back in the forum and it is just election after election after election.

I am prepared to listen to ideas on how we are going to go about it. For example, a “mass cull” might be one idea, while another might be to just leave them until someone else wishes to represent that country, when we can replace them.

As I said in my above post, I am going to redefine in the General Rules what it means to be an “active” and “inactive poster”. I intend these rules to be fairly firm, but at the same time not make people feel that they HAVE to post all the time, maybe once or twice a week.

Another idea I have to accompany these other regulations I want to put in place, is to reward the most active reps, but that is just in the idea stage at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    Sorry for the delay, I was away in the land of nod.
    Sleeping on the job already?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My bed is just so cosy

ReputationRep:
    My bed is just so cosy
    México feels that cosiness is not an excuse.
    At least not a very good one.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is, I'm sure Brimstone enjoys his bed too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is, I'm sure Brimstone enjoys his bed too.
    México is worried as to why China knows this^o)

ReputationRep:
    My Bed is comfier than all your beds

ReputationRep:
    I know it because Brim told me.*

*Dramatization, event may not have actually happened.

ReputationRep:
    I know it because Brim told me.*

*Dramatization, event may not have actually happened.
    Italy would like to add LMAO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnaChance)
    My Bed is comfier than all your beds
    The Ukraine is concerned about the possibility of corruption if the Brazilian rep has slept in the beds of both the people at the head of the poll to become SG.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyP)
    The Ukraine is concerned about the possibility of corruption if the Brazilian rep has slept in the beds of both the people at the head of the poll to become SG.
    And Mexico's bed :p:

ReputationRep:
    And Mexico's bed :p:
    Which is thoroughly confusing if you ask México.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhesi)
    Italy would like to add LMAO.
    México would like to remind Italy that the MUN is not a place for laughtler.
    Chortling however is permitted.
    You may CYAO.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.