Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else not want their gf to give them a bj? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    your stilll thinking about this in the wrong way...although i think your more into a personal arguement with pretty_boy... so nvm
    Yeah, I wasn't thinking of the thread quite as much when I replied there, I was addressing the points they made.

this has gotten quite steamy hasn't it

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you've ever spoken to every single person in the world and asked them if they find oral sex degrading.

I very much doubt the fact that you've asked them whether they find it degrading, too. So you shouldn't talk about society either...

ReputationRep:
    i dont know why you are all talking about society. Its irrelevant

If its against your own personal values and morals, and you do it, then you have degraded yourself.
    Because they're on about others thinking you've degraded yourself, and if other people make up society, and society doesn't seem to find it degrading - as I'm trying to suggest - then I still haven't degraded myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiverSwings)
    Don't worry, I have experiences both sides of the fence, as does the other lesbian in here
    I've never done it beside a fence

but as you can see from this thread, people are quite varied although i think that generally most people dont find degrading (more than 50%). you degrade yourself when you go against your own morals, someone else thinks you have been degraded, when you go against their own.
    what does it matter what mainstream society thinks, dont be a conformist :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Considering I don't watch TV much [Green Wing is about it], and I can't actually remember when I last read a magasine [probably when I was about 12 - Sugar, maybe? Unless Kerrang counts. Or maybe that one I get about Shropshire through the door every month], I doubt it.

If they didn't sell, and they didn't get watched, they wouldn't exist, profits would slump. It'd be pointless making them. The fact that they sell in their millions suggests that either someone very rich got bored when thinking what to do with their money, or that millions buy them. If they buy them, they're interested.

What is an accurate guage? Looking at sales figures and observing the world around you? No? Then what?
    I doubt you've ever spoken to every single person in the world and asked them if they find oral sex degrading. Although if you have - what does my mum think about it? My sister? How about my manager at work? What about my biology teacher? Head of 6th form?
    So excuse me if I choose to believe what I can see in society over you.
    Hah. Same.

green wing does rule... but greys anatomy does still top it imo

you've ignored my post #220 profesh :P

ReputationRep:
    but as you can see from this thread, people are quite varied although i think that generally most people dont find degrading (more than 50%). you degrade yourself when you go against your own morals, someone else thinks you have been degraded, when you go against their own.
    what does it matter what mainstream society thinks, dont be a conformist :P
    The main reason most don't find it degrading on here is that most are females and have done it.

Its perfectly clear to me that a group of guys will think less of a girl if they know she gives oral sex and swallows.

I don't know about society but thats the way people I know view it.

Edit: Don't mean to offend anyone, but I find Green Wing infantile.

well i do have an immature sense of humour...but thats the best kind :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monoxide)
    I doubt you've ever spoken to every single person in the world and asked them if they find oral sex degrading.

I very much doubt the fact that you've asked them whether they find it degrading, too. So you shouldn't talk about society either...
    True, but:
    I believe it's a personal opinion over whether something is degrading, not other peoples. If you wish to project that opinon onto other people, fine - I don't. I understand they find it degrading, I'm not arguing with that, just don't tell me it should be because society thinks so, when:
    I've provided evidence as to why I believe society does not find it degrading, they've just stated their opinion of society without anything to back it up. If they back it up, fine. But so far all they've managed to come up with is that I watch too much TV and that I read the wrong magasines. They've yet to come up with a response to all of my friends not finding it degrading.

They = pretty_boy

ReputationRep:
    'Public' morality and any consensus obtained thereby are only useful in informing such actions as might potentially subvert the public, and consequently their ability to act according to their own compunction. So far as I'm concerned, oral sex per se accordingly does not qualify and as such mutual consent can be the only imperative.

ReputationRep:
    And #221, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    True, but:
    I believe it's a personal opinion over whether something is degrading, not other peoples. If you wish to project that opinon onto other people, fine - I don't. I understand they find it degrading, I'm not arguing with that, just don't tell me it should be because society thinks so, when:
    I've provided evidence as to why I believe society does not find it degrading, they've just stated their opinion of society without anything to back it up. If they back it up, fine. But so far all they've managed to come up with is that I watch too much TV and that I read the wrong magasines. They've yet to come up with a response to all of my friends not finding it degrading.
    All I can say is that I believe a sizeable chunk of society does believe it to be degrading.

I guess that I can't really support this other than to say that most girls wouldn't want everyone knowing about their oral sex techniques etc and that most guys I know think less of a girl for giving oral sex and swallowing.

ReputationRep:
    What about post 221?

I was going to reply to that actually. Again, the penis just facilitates the grand entrance of the sperm into the woman's body. The sperm is stored in the testes, the seminal fluid made by various glands in the general area.

Why else did you think you had balls?

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I wouldn't be very impressed if my boyfriend didn't wana do oral.

I love giving blowjobs and receiving them - it's a big part of sex!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but how do they leave the testes?

ReputationRep:
    via the penis, yes.

But Profesh's point that the only 'bits' that really make a baby is the egg and the sperm. and you seemed to be arguing against that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.