Met any rude/horrible 'famous' people? Watch

This discussion is closed.
deedee123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was chosen to go and meet Prince Edward for a school thing, it was all top secret and we had to lie about where we were going to our friends, there's also weird rules about meeting royals, we were told we shouldn't offer our hand to shake his, he had to offer to shake ours. Maybe in case we tried to kill him or something? :lol: He seemed quite nice though, he seriously looks like Wallace from wallace & gromit though and he's quite short :lol:

my boyfriend has met Kevin Bridges a few times and he's bought him drinks and stuff. He's pretty cool as i'd expect.

I've seen Frankie Boyle around Glasgow before, but he doesn't look very approachable and he doesn't seem like he'd hesitate to tell you to **** off :lol:

my mum has met Andy Murray before, apparently he's really handsome in person.

I'd never go up to a famous person and speak to them, ever. I'd find it so embarrassing
2468_James_Maaay
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dee Leigh)
Who?
Can't remember the name unfortunately, I think I used to a number of years back, but so many berks have gone in and out of that "programme" for many years.
username418231
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Goldiefish)
Chico was in a pantomime in my home town a couple of years ago. During half time he came out into the audience, and when no-one actually noticed he was there he started approaching random groups of people and offering to sign their programmes. He seemed like a nice enough guy though!
That's desperate!
username418231
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iop horray)
I have never met her but this guy is an legend :'')
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2011-05...4613543567.jpg
:rofl:
Ed3003
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ConnorB)
My dad talked to Kiera Knightley for 20 minutes outside a club before realising who she was!

He said she was a lovely woman, but dimensionally odd. :cool:
Ha really?! she was only a little taller than me, probably about 5ft 6.
chronic_fatigue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I saw Jake whatshisface during the Olympics. The tall guy who was presenting on BBC for the Olympics, he used to do newsround. A kid wanted his autograph and started talking to him, I don't think he looked up at the boy the whole time or answered any of his questions. I thought it was quite rude tbh.
bluester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by chronic_fatigue)
I saw Jake whatshisface during the Olympics. The tall guy who was presenting on BBC for the Olympics, he used to do newsround. A kid wanted his autograph and started talking to him, I don't think he looked up at the boy the whole time or answered any of his questions. I thought it was quite rude tbh.
jake humphrey.... that surprises me tbh
LilyEve
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 3mma_gal96)
I've met all 5 members of The Wanted, except they weren't rude or horrible, but actually really lovely! Their management kept telling them to hurry up, but they kept talking to me and my friend:P

Posted from TSR Mobile
So have I. I pretended I didn't know them and asked them for a light because they were all smoking, I don't particularly like their music and they were on my turf (my dance studio) haha.
where did u see them?
letsbehonest
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Trey songz said hey baby and kissed me on the cheek omg and then I asked for a pic and he agreed omg!
pinkangelgirl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HerbertDaPervert)
I've met a few as my dad is an actor but none of them seemed rude. At an audition i met the Weasley twins
my sister is on the same table as them at a wedding!! They went to the school near to me I am so jealous!

I met the Mend who were on Britains Got Talent, and they were such lovely guys!! Never seen people so nice to their fans. Hugging and kissing everyone lol and one of them even remembered to add me on twitter like id asked!

Sat next to Ahsley Cole in a restuarant on holiday and he was really quiet and no one recognised him. It was only months later when my Dad was going on about the time we were next to him and I was like...uh, what?

1 of my friends is in the Fast and Furious.

Oh, and the Queen waved at my Dad. lol.
beautywithbrains
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Met Bradley cooper at the hangover premiere, he was more concerned with the interviews than his fans :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
~*Horse_Mad*~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There are a real mix of minor and major Celebrities here, really interesting read actually lol.
Working in a Restaurant I get to meet an exceedingly wide variety of people!!
Spending the majority of my time at the Stables, or in Work, and away from the television, I seem to be unaware of every famous person I've served at the Bar or waited on before
Rather tall, large gentleman dines where I work on occasion - had not a clue who he was which I'm assuming is why he always waited for me to serve him at the Bar; apparently he's the guy off a daytime television programme called 'The Chase'. He isn't the most polite person on the Planet, though neither is he the most impolite
Really tall gentleman covered in tattoos often visits the Restaurant; he doesn't seem too well mannered to my Friends when they serve him since they all recognise him, so he generally seems to ask me to serve him. By all accounts he's from a programme called 'Dirty Sanchez' or something?? Think they called him Doug?? He started off being a little offish with me, then realised I had not the faintest idea who he was, so he and his Friend are always really friendly and chatty when they visit now!!
We get *a lot* of Rugby Players in (who, unless they were wearing Rugby Gear, I wouldn't recognise ) and a few minor 'celebrities' from reality programmes such as 'The Valleys' - though I know who none of them are so treat them the exact same way as I treat everyone else; often they seem quite relieved by this and want to chat, though occasionally they seem a little insulted that I've not a clue who they are, so try their best to get the attention of someone else working there who might
beautywithbrains
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by pinkangelgirl)
my sister is on the same table as them at a wedding!! They went to the school near to me I am so jealous!

I met the Mend who were on Britains Got Talent, and they were such lovely guys!! Never seen people so nice to their fans. Hugging and kissing everyone lol and one of them even remembered to add me on twitter like id asked!

Sat next to Ahsley Cole in a restuarant on holiday and he was really quiet and no one recognised him. It was only months later when my Dad was going on about the time we were next to him and I was like...uh, what?

1 of my friends is in the Fast and Furious.

Oh, and the Queen waved at my Dad. lol.
Omg I love the the fast and furious!! So jealous of your friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zizi11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hayley Williams in Sheffield she's so sweet.
Rita Ora in Primark a couple of days ago, she was so nice and gave me a hug. Best thing ever.
Jimmy Car awhile back in front of town hall, he made me and a friend laugh.
Gok Wan came to judge a fashion show we had and he was a laugh.
The Queen opened our school and talked to us for a bit. Charles was weird though..
Matthew Lewis randomly in Leeds, me and a friend were lost lol and he showed us how to get back to the train station after a day of shopping. SO HAWTTTTTT.
Sean Bean and his creepy nephew. So creepy. But Sean Beans awesome, so lovely and friendly.
Curzon
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not a "celebrity" outside of metal circles, but I met Mark Jansen, the guitarist/vocalist from quite a big metal band. He wasn't rude at all, he was actually one of the coolest people I've talked to. It was quite a surreal experience because they are one of my favourite bands, but when I was chatting to him it was just like he was a normal guy I'd happened to meet, which of course he is, but you put these people on pedestals. We chatted and joked around for about 10 mins or so over a beer, one of my fondest memories.

They say never meet your heroes but I'm glad I met that one
Aramiss18
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"Do you know who I am?!"- That would be the biggest invitation for me to be as dickish as possible to said c-lister.
balletlover
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LabyrinthWonder)
I was so scared to meet Alan Rickman - I am in love with him, haha - as he seems so intimidating.

Instead he gave me a dashing smile, chatted and apparently told my mother I was "beautiful" . I was about 13 at the time with frizzy red hair and braces so I reckon he was just being polite, but a girl can still dream... :daydreaming:
Alan Rickman told you you were beautiful, I'm so jealous...
balletlover
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My granddad grew up with Paul McCartney, lived a few doors down, apparently he was very pretentious, before he was even famous

Also a friend of my mum's worked with Christopher Maloney before he was famous, apparently he was extremely rude and quite abusive
And my friend's auntie met him in the city centre during the time he got kicked out after judges houses but was being brought back as a wildcard, he said to her "do you know who I am?" he wasn't even in the bloody finals yet...
emobambam
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
there's a lot of people famous where I live.the richest person I ever met was Bruce Willis, what a ****
1on4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Tony Robinson (Baldrick for the fools) - he is a total *******.

Sir Ian McKellen - Lovely man...just like you'd expect. I wish he was my grandad.

Sean Bean - Typical bloke from Sheffield with his blonde trophy wife. Likes chips.

Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas - Kept themselves to themselves and had lots of minders. Catherine spoke to me but only to ask if I could move my bag so her kids didn't step on it!

Stephen Fry - Quite a fascinating bloke to listen to, but a little odd. No suprises there.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (144)
60.25%
No I haven't decided yet (54)
22.59%
Yes but I might change my mind (41)
17.15%

Watched Threads