Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild&young)
    During the year 0 are there any exams that we need to do ? Also is there a specific grade or score we need to achieve in order to be transferred to the 5 year course ?
    Also what happens if we don't achieve the score, will we be chucked out of the course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi
    Yes you have exams in January and May/ June. You need to pass 50% overall in each module to progress on the degree program.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebowey)
    Hi
    Yes you have exams in January and May/ June. You need to pass 50% overall in each module to progress on the degree program.
    Thanks for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebowey)
    Hi

(Original post by wild&young)
    Thanks for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it 50% throughout the whole degree, or 40%+ after Foundation? 50% is a 2:2 isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himynameskiefer)
    Is it 50% throughout the whole degree, or 40%+ after Foundation? 50% is a 2:2 isn't it?
    Hi
    It's 50% for the foundation year and 40% for the remaining years of your degree. 50% is a 2.2

ReputationRep:
    any igcse expected grade for the under graduate pre uni course

ReputationRep:
    I plan on doing foundation in the uk which some of the universities in the north west not so far from durham and are there any expected igcse grades ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel.njuguna)
    I plan on doing foundation in the uk which some of the universities in the north west not so far from durham and are there any expected igcse grades ?
    Hi
    I'm not 100% sure, but if i have it right, the igcse is an equivalent to a uk GCSE which is recognised by universities as an international-uk qualification. It is worth emailing the department at Durham to enquire about the foundation program. If it is the north west, Lancaster do a foundation course; or there is Newcastle and York whose courses are tailored towards international students and not too far away from Durham.

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget there is a facebook page for the foundation centre if you are interested:

https://www.facebook.com/FoundationCentre?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am a student at Durham Uni now!
    Is anyone coming early to the University before Oct 2013 and requires accommodation?
    I know that some people are coming for pre-sessional courses! Staying with the university is expensive and the colleges that are open are those furthest from town!
    If anyone is interested I have a room for rent for 3 months from the beginning of July till the end of September 2013.
    If you are undecided between college or living out this is an opportunity to try to live out.
    It is a really nice spacious place with a double bed which is at a convenient location in Durham, near school and near town.
    If you are interested do drop me a private message

ReputationRep:
    I think I am literally the only one still waiting here... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erudite Fool)
    No, I too am waiting in anticipation! Extremely nervous.
    Hopefully hear something soon, I am nervous too but fingers crossed for both of us!:crossedf:
    What subject did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    No, I too am waiting in anticipation! Extremely nervous.
    Hey, did you e-mail the admissions office ? I did many times before my offer back in march. Hopefully you guys hear soon

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Philosophy with Foundation. I didn't select a particular college though. How about yourself?
    I applied for Classics with foundation at Collingwood college.

I haven't, actually. However I have reached out them via the Facebook page, around mid last month. It was said my application was definitely "in the pile" and I should hear from them in the coming 2 weeks. But, alas, here I wait. >_<
    I did exactly the same! I contacted them via their facebook page and got a reply saying I was in a waiting list since they still had applications from prior January.. ( I applied late feb) So they told me to expect to hear back within a "few weeks". Its been 5 weeks now & still waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Koshkaquoibonis)
    I applied for Classics with foundation at Collingwood college.

I did exactly the same! I contacted them via their facebook page and got a reply saying I was in a waiting list since they still had applications from prior January.. ( I applied late feb) So they told me to expect to hear back within a "few weeks". Its been 5 weeks now & still waiting...
    If it will relax you I gotta say that i recieved my offer after 3 months, nearly 12 weeks, so calm down.They might be still considering you they take their time and send out decisions slowly

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know of any book-list/reading lists for the Foundation Year? Any good books we can read/purchase in advance to prepare ourselves? I'm on the Social Sciences pathway.

ReputationRep:
    Read as much as you can on the subjects you will be taking. There is no book list

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Starting a whole new tread (again)which will be ongoing. The address is:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post42331762

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am going to the foundation centre also. I am going to be studying Primary Education. I will n traveling to uni as only live close by. Is anyone else doing this course?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else St Cuthberts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcfıratlı)
    If it will relax you I gotta say that i recieved my offer after 3 months, nearly 12 weeks, so calm down.They might be still considering you they take their time and send out decisions slowly
    Thank you for the input

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.