From skimming through this it looks like the average is-

Tall
    Intelligent
    Ambitious
    Funny
    Caring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yidette)
    Physically inevitably, metaphorically subjectively. Innit.
    I meant authenticity :confused:

ReputationRep:
    1.Kind
    2.Caring
    3.Understanding and does not try to change me.
    4.Fun to be with and able to have intelligent conversations with.
    5.Pretty eyes (ok so not a deal breaker, but it's a nice thing to have).

ReputationRep:
    - faithful
    - be able to put up with me
    - fun - being able to give/ take banter is essential :P and a similar sense of humour!
    - Driven - he has to have some goals!!
    - must have hair on his head.

I don't think that's too much to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    I meant authenticity :confused:
    Hahaha! Right. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence. (That's pretty self-explanatory, I think.)
    Manners. (This is really important!)
    Assertiveness. (Men, please be men? Thank you!)
    Looks. (As much as people like to deny it, looks indeed do matter. At least some level of attraction is necessary.)
    Affection. (Has to show me he cares about me - doesn't have to be in the obvious ways. I think everyone has their own ways in which they show their affection.)

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, those who are saying attributes like "intelligent", do you view yourselves as intelligent as well? Does your OH need to be on par or smarter than you?

ReputationRep:
    Practical
    Messy
    Cant pick out his own clothes
    Loves football
    Gets on with everyone

ReputationRep:
    1. Height because i'm 5'10" and being taller than guys is kinda off putting
    2. Clean hair
    3. Hasn't slept with every girl
    4. Reasonably intelligent
    5. Can hold a conversation that isn't just about them and their interests constantly

ReputationRep:
    1. Height (I dunnor why this is so important for me)
    2. Thoughtfulness
    3. Sense of humour
    4. Intelligence
    5. Looks>> Things like nice smile, build (I actually dislike hench guys :P)

ReputationRep:
    Galdem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaron9890)
    I notice girls tend to like guys who are tall, dark and handsome. Just wanted to get an idea as to what girls really look for in a guy, basically out of interest. i suppose it's all down to preference.
    1) A guy who shows interest in me and asks me thngs about me rather than just me asking all the questions
    2) attentive, listens to what I say, remembers this and responds accordingly
    3) Can respond to emotional cues, if I am upset, he notices and addresses this rather than just sits about awkwardly or acts like I am not upset.
    4) can make me laugh
    5) kind hearted and well mannered

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuffed.

I'm 5"5, mediocre at most things I do, a little... "plump" and don't have a blog dedicated to my love for doctor who or cumberbatch. I read fantasy novels and have far too much love for a song of ice and fire. And my eyes are completely plain, and a bit small.

Okay ladies, for an orderly queue...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I look for

Tall about 5'11 to about 6'3
    Arms (A MUST) something about large arms turns me on so much
    Nice smile
    Sense of humour
    Respectful (towards me at least and my family and friends)

ReputationRep:
    A liver,
    A small intestine,
    A heart,
    A brain,
    A stomach.

Just kidding ^.^

Confidence, Sense of humour, courteous, good dress sense and can drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzy_Flower)
    A liver,
    A small intestine,
    A heart,
    A brain,
    A stomach.

Just kidding ^.^

Confidence, Sense of humour, courteous, good dress sense and can drive.
    Well, I can drive so that's something

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most girls on here:
    "1. Tall
    2. Tall
    3. Tall
    4. Tall
    5. Tall"

Us shorties have no hope :cries:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1.Good sense of humour (I like to make people laugh, so someone who likes to laugh is priority =D)
    2.Height (No idea why I go for height but it's there. I'm very short so this doesn't exclude many guys =)
    3. Affectionate (I'm not a fan of PDA but i like the idea of cuddling on a sofa watching a DVD is nice.)
    4. Ambitious (I'm ambitous, so I want someone who has some kind of goal in thier life, something to be passionate about.)
    5. Adventurous (becasue I tend to need nudging to try different things.)

(One more because why not, if all fails I can get rid of height )

6. Honesty/straighforwardness (I do not speak hint, I would like it if he didn't speak hint ethier. half because I can get a little spiteful when people do. If he constantly hints that he wants X for christmas I may get him someone completely different out of spite. )

EDIT
    (Original post by pessimist)
    Most girls on here:
    "1. Tall
    2. Tall
    3. Tall
    4. Tall
    5. Tall"

Us shorties have no hope :cries:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In my case and maybe the case of a lot of girls here when we say tall, we mean "taller than ourselves" I'm 5ft 3 so it's not much of a challenge to be taller than me. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissNix)
    1.Good sense of humour (I like to make people laugh, so someone who likes to laugh is priority =D)
    2.Height (No idea why I go for height but it's there. I'm very short so this doesn't exclude many guys =)
    3. Affectionate (I'm not a fan of PDA but i like the idea of cuddling on a sofa watching a DVD is nice.)
    4. Ambitious (I'm ambitous, so I want someone who has some kind of goal in thier life, something to be passionate about.)
    5. Adventurous (becasue I tend to need nudging to try different things.)

(One more because why not, if all fails I can get rid of height )

6. Honesty/straighforwardness (I do not speak hint, I would like it if he didn't speak hint ethier. half because I can get a little spiteful when people do. If he constantly hints that he wants X for christmas I may get him someone completely different out of spite. )

EDIT

In my case and maybe the case of a lot of girls here when we say tall, we mean "taller than ourselves" I'm 5ft 3 so it's not much of a challenge to be taller than me. XD
    Yeah, I'm only 5'3 though. However, I think I've started growing again. I'm 16 and I've been shorter than most people all throughtout my school life, all I'm clinging on to now is that I'll spurt soon because although all other aspects of puberty I've been through my face still looks young, I mean people tell me I look about 13/14 so I'm hoping as my face matures, I'll have a growth spurt too. Unlikely I know, but it's the only thing I have left to hope for.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tall
    Kind
    Sense of humour
    dresses nerdy :P
    Someone I can trust

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.