Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    Go on page 1 of the OCR textbook.
    I don't have the textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Biodiversity what does it mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rival_)
    Biodiversity what does it mean?
    The variety of life in a habitat / habitats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1brown)
    The variety of life in a habitat / habitats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright thanks btw (to save you time in exams or in the future ) "habitat/s" is also correct punctuation

ReputationRep:
    How is revision for the exam next week going guys? What have you gone over so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1brown)
    I don't have the textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Question 2 b)ii) in the january 2013 paper is basically all you need to know about protein synthesis, and knowing the roles of each form of RNA would also help

ReputationRep:
    Can someone outline the differences between natural selection, evolution and adaptation? I really don't understand the difference. I don't think that evolution is a difficult concept to get your head around, but I think they add loads of pointless crap that has no practical use.
    Also, could someone explain the key bits about conservation in/ex situ and international cooperation?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, where can I find the January 2013 paper and mark scheme please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _JC95)
    well under the new spec i think the highest it has been out of 100 for full 150 ums is 86, so really you more than likely got full ums there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you know this? And is there anywhere that shows how many raw marks you need for 100%, 90% etc ums, on the ocr website they only show each grade :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Liamnut)
    Can someone outline the differences between natural selection, evolution and adaptation? I really don't understand the difference. I don't think that evolution is a difficult concept to get your head around, but I think they add loads of pointless crap that has no practical use.
    Also, could someone explain the key bits about conservation in/ex situ and international cooperation?
    Natural selection is the driving force behind evolution, think of it as the survival of the fittest argument! Only well-adapted creatures will survive, therefore, those genes will be passed on to the next generations (assuming they reproduce successfully), as a result, evolution occurs.

Adaptations are just features, which species hold allowing them to adapt to their environments - fish have gills to breathe underwater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    I dont have the book , which topic is that
    Communication between cells :-) 2.2 number 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Alright thanks btw (to save you time in exams or in the future ) "habitat/s" is also correct punctuation
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtaki14)
    Question 2 b)ii) in the january 2013 paper is basically all you need to know about protein synthesis, and knowing the roles of each form of RNA would also help
    Great, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After going through some past papers I feel like crying

Chemistry >>>>>Biology

ReputationRep:
    It's not ridiculous enough I think the Domain King Curry Prawns Or Greasy Sausages might have done it haha. Thanks anyways.
    How about
    Donkey Kong Penis Curry Or Fat Greasy Sausages

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody explain the differences between 5 kingdoms and 3 domains please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adil96m)
    How about
    Donkey Kong Penis Curry Or Fat Greasy Sausages

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Katy Perry Came Over For Good Sex never fails me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me about tRNA? Not in the guide I have and don't have the textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasmin.mahfouz)
    Could someone tell me about tRNA? Not in the guide I have and don't have the textbook

Posted from TSR Mobile
    tRNA transfers the amino acids to the ribosomes in order to assemble different polypeptides

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually understand what the word transcription means. Is that a synonym for protein synthesis or a specific part of the process?

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.