Original post by trrr
Go on page 1 of the OCR textbook.

I don't have the textbook :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 241
Biodiversity what does it mean?
Original post by rival_
Biodiversity what does it mean?

The variety of life in a habitat / habitats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 243
Original post by lauren1brown
The variety of life in a habitat / habitats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright thanks btw (to save you time in exams or in the future ) "habitat/s" is also correct punctuation :wink:
How is revision for the exam next week going guys? What have you gone over so far?
Original post by lauren1brown
I don't have the textbook :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Question 2 b)ii) in the january 2013 paper is basically all you need to know about protein synthesis, and knowing the roles of each form of RNA would also help :smile:
Reply 246
Can someone outline the differences between natural selection, evolution and adaptation? I really don't understand the difference. I don't think that evolution is a difficult concept to get your head around, but I think they add loads of pointless crap that has no practical use.
Also, could someone explain the key bits about conservation in/ex situ and international cooperation?
Hi, where can I find the January 2013 paper and mark scheme please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _JC95
well under the new spec i think the highest it has been out of 100 for full 150 ums is 86, so really you more than likely got full ums there

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you know this? And is there anywhere that shows how many raw marks you need for 100%, 90% etc ums, on the ocr website they only show each grade :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liamnut
Can someone outline the differences between natural selection, evolution and adaptation? I really don't understand the difference. I don't think that evolution is a difficult concept to get your head around, but I think they add loads of pointless crap that has no practical use.
Also, could someone explain the key bits about conservation in/ex situ and international cooperation?

Natural selection is the driving force behind evolution, think of it as the survival of the fittest argument! Only well-adapted creatures will survive, therefore, those genes will be passed on to the next generations (assuming they reproduce successfully), as a result, evolution occurs.

Adaptations are just features, which species hold allowing them to adapt to their environments - fish have gills to breathe underwater.
Reply 250
Original post by otrivine
I dont have the book , which topic is that :smile:

Communication between cells :-) 2.2 number 10

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rival_
Alright thanks btw (to save you time in exams or in the future ) "habitat/s" is also correct punctuation :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mtaki14
Question 2 b)ii) in the january 2013 paper is basically all you need to know about protein synthesis, and knowing the roles of each form of RNA would also help :smile:

Great, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
After going through some past papers I feel like crying

Chemistry >>>>>Biology
Reply 254
Original post by rival_
It's not ridiculous enough :frown: I think the Domain King Curry Prawns Or Greasy Sausages might have done it haha. Thanks anyways.

How about
Donkey Kong Penis Curry Or Fat Greasy Sausages

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can somebody explain the differences between 5 kingdoms and 3 domains please:smile:
Original post by Adil96m
How about
Donkey Kong Penis Curry Or Fat Greasy Sausages

Posted from TSR Mobile

Katy Perry Came Over For Good Sex never fails me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could someone tell me about tRNA? Not in the guide I have and don't have the textbook :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 258
Original post by yasmin.mahfouz
Could someone tell me about tRNA? Not in the guide I have and don't have the textbook :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
tRNA transfers the amino acids to the ribosomes in order to assemble different polypeptides
Reply 259
I don't actually understand what the word transcription means. Is that a synonym for protein synthesis or a specific part of the process?

Latest