ReputationRep:
    English lit x2
    Geography
    French x2
    Statistics
    Food tech
    Business
    and maybe english language

atm I'm writing notes for geography, and doing a lot of past papers for french, but not much for other subjects lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flo_97)
    Hi i am the same board as you for Spanish and English Language how are you revising for them?

For French I've just been doing past papers, reading French news online, reading French magazines - basically everything French! I'm also going over vocab and grammar etc.

For English I've been looking at a lot of mark schemes, I'm actually retaking the paper and I've done it 3 times (2 were mocks) so I know it pretty well so I'm just practising language comparison and vocabulary to boost my writing.

Hope that's helped if you need some tips on what/how to revise

ReputationRep:
    I have 18 exams. It's gonna be so much fun..... luckily my module results have given me a bit of room to maneuver.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have many at all in 2013, but flip loads in 2014. I think I only have the following and most of them I'll be able to resit in 2014.

Edexcel Mathematics A Paper 1 and 2
    AQA Religious Studies B Unit 1
    AQA English Language Unit 1
    Edexcel Geography A Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3

Coursework wise I'll be doing:
    AQA Fine Art Coursework
    AQA Graphic Products Unit 2
    Edexcel Geography A Unit 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    Everyone has so few exams... I have 23 :eek:
    So do I :'(

ReputationRep:
    I have all my exams in the summer since my school only does modular for the sciences I have:
    English Lang & Lit x3
    Maths x2
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Spanish x2
    Geography x3
    History x3
    Music
    RS

For I revise by making flash cards and watching revision videos

Good luck with your fine arts exam :-)

I only did to exams in January which was my P2 and C2 of which I got an A and A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    English lit x2
    English lang
    History x2
    Chemistry x2
    Biology x2
    Physics
    FSMQ maths
    French x2
    Economics

Ive completed my maths gcse and religious studies attaining an A* in math and an A in RS. So pissed with RS got 76 in the first exam and 99 im the second so 175 overall and i needed 180 for an A*.

I did a couple of exams this january, biology resit and physics. Got 99 and 100, A* for both

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ive got:
    RE both exams (I was off sick for the first one so I attained a zero )
    English Language
    English Lit Poetry
    English Lit Prose
    Maths - Unit Three
    Biology - B3
    Chemistry - C3
    Physics - P3
    History - Unit 3C The USA
    Chinese Reading
    Chinese Listening

Phew!

Got an A* 93/100 in International Relations for History, so that really supported my B (76/100) that I had got in a past module. Working on an A now, so incredibly happy with that!

Resat Maths Unit Two in March - the november paper was **** hard, and I got a B 92/120. Got an A* in UnitOne so I was sitting on exactly 200 UMS. Had I not resat, I would of had to get full marks in Unit 3 to get an A* overall. So waiting on my results for that...

Did Chemistry - C2 as well. Got 67/80 A for C1, so really determined to push higher if I can...
    Did Physics - P2 as well. In P1, I was off sick, so I got a zero, and resat and got 57/80 B, so here I need one mark off A* in P2 to get an A overall. Bit worried about P2, as I dont think the exam went as well as it could have... I feel I might have to resit the exam in June

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the Further maths gcse level 2 exam in June 2013. If so i need help :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I have like 17 ._.

ReputationRep:
    French IGCSE edexcel x2
    Spanish IGCSE edexcel x2
    Maths IGCSE edexcel x2
    English Language IGCSE edexcel
    English Literature IGCSE edexcel
    History edexcel Unit 3C usa
    R.S Full course OCR x4
    Additional Science AQA x3
    D.t product design AQA

Done: Core Science A (2 marks off A* ), History International Relations (95/100) A* UMS, History Russi 1919-1939 (100/100) A* and I havn't got results back for controlled assessment yet but I'm hoping to have achieved A* ! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassan_786)
    Is anyone doing the Further maths gcse level 2 exam in June 2013. If so i need help :eek:
    I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Looks like you are doing the same Further Maths course as me.I think its pretty easy but sometimes there is the odd challenging question that can throw you off.The grade boundaries are pretty low too.Only 112/175 for an A*.
    I am doing the further maths exam aswell. Do you know how to revise for it or any revison resources?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the level 3, but there's a lot of overlap, what's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anais)
    French IGCSE edexcel x2
    Spanish IGCSE edexcel x2
    Maths IGCSE edexcel x2
    English Language IGCSE edexcel
    English Literature IGCSE edexcel
    History edexcel Unit 3C usa
    R.S Full course OCR x4
    Additional Science AQA x3
    D.t product design AQA

Done: Core Science A (2 marks off A* ), History International Relations (95/100) A* UMS, History Russi 1919-1939 (100/100) A* and I havn't got results back for controlled assessment yet but I'm hoping to have achieved A* ! haha

That's amazing !!! And guess what ? I'm doing the exact same subjects as you !!! apart from R.s, I'm doing short course good luck with exams !

ReputationRep:
    3 IGCSE test only, and I am grateful for it.
    Maths Extended Paper 21
    Maths Extended Paper 41
    Maths Extended Paper 6
    Well, I am doing them one year early. I am revising now during the two week Easter holidays. I like going through the things I don't understand that well, answer some questions from them and then just do past papers.

ReputationRep:
    for english literature, can you rip out the poem you want to compare from the anthology ?

Because without having them together it makes it much less efficient, I'm also sitting the understanding poetry exam this May

ReputationRep:
    I revised throughout the three week Christmas break for my IGCSEs, doing on average 5 hours a day (but went on holiday for a week). I think I was motivated by the thought of A levels and University; if I want to get to a top University revising is key! In my mocks I got:
    Graphics: A star
    Photography: A star
    Art: A star
    Religious studies: A star
    English literature: A star
    English language: A star
    German: A star
    Physics: A
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: C
    Maths: C
    I was really happy with most of my results, but was hoping for my science results to be higher. I was expecting worse grades in Chemistry and Maths; I have had an extremely bad teacher for three years of Chemistry (he was sacked) and Maths just isn't a strong subject! In the summer, I have only 13 exams, but I have three Art/Design exams in a couple of weeks. I am also retaking my English Language (we did it a year early) because I got full marks in the coursework and was expecting an A star. I was two marks off the A star grade boundary. I regret taking so many arts, and R.S as well; I wish I had done History and Latin instead!
    For A-level I am going to do Art history, English literature, Philosophy and Politics, and I'm hoping to do either History of art or English lit. at University. I am aiming for Oxbridge (though I know it is extremely competitive) and it is the thought of this that keeps me motivated through revision! Good luck to everyone in the summer exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    are you guys doing it on AQA or edexcel ??

(Original post by MattFletcher)
    I'm doing the level 3, but there's a lot of overlap, what's the problem?
    what do you mean level 3??? - that alevel .. there talking about IGCSE .. hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePrestigeUK)
    for english literature, can you rip out the poem you want to compare from the anthology ?

Because without having them together it makes it much less efficient, I'm also sitting the understanding poetry exam this May
    i want to do this!!!!

i had the idea when i started doing practice essays and well im just going to go for it!!

i was going to ask my teacher,, but he would say no.. and i dont think he can do anything in the middle of my exam

plus the anthology isnt exactly sent of lol

ryan

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.