The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by super121
I guessed and put neutral too :tongue:

What did people get for the 6 mark calculation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got 1.69
Reply 241
What did everyone get for that cray cray titration calculation???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 242
i don't think you will because rates is normally 2sf, i think i got 0.086 too not sure though
Predicted grade boundaries ? Around 74/75?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 244
Don't think it asked for an appropriate number of significant figures, so no :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 245
Original post by manpyy
i got 1.69

I got 2.7, but didn't actually know what I was doing, hopefully get method marks though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 246
That paper was beaut.
I put acidic... not sure if it is the right answer, because in the question it said 'in aqueous solution' so i thought the phenol would donate a proton and the carboxylic acid would donate a proton but the amine would take a proton... so in general there is an extra proton in the solution so I said acidic.
1.69 (6)
0.086 s-1 (3)
Redox Titration:
Fill burette with MnO4- solution
use volumetric pipette to transfer c2o4 into conical flask
heat to 60C and keep at 60C throughout experiment
Stop adding Mno4 when turns permanent pink colour
Indicator not needed because turns permanent pink colour
End point at permanent pink colour

Did anyone put alkaline for the zwitterion one? i dont see why the OH group of the phenol wouldn't react, as it didn't say there was only 1 mole of water of something

Did anyone get methanol and methanoic acid

formula of complex ion was [Fe(C2O4)3)]3-
shape octahedral

that's all I can remember right now
Original post by aWildPidgey
1.69 (6)
0.086 s-1 (3)
Redox Titration:

Did anyone put alkaline for the zwitterion one? i dont see why the OH group of the phenol wouldn't react, as it didn't say there was only 1 mole of water of something

shape octahedral

Yep apart from I got methanoic acid and hcl

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Futuristicmedic

Posted from TSR Mobile

dammmmn I knew that was wrong :tongue:
1.69 (6)
0.086 s-1 (3)
Redox Titration:

shape octahedral

i agree with you on that complex question and titration question. about that methanoic acid question.... question said two acids are formed so i out methanoic acid and ethanoic acid... dont know if im right ???
Reply 252
Original post by alansmathew
I put acidic... not sure if it is the right answer, because in the question it said 'in aqueous solution' so i thought the phenol would donate a proton and the carboxylic acid would donate a proton but the amine would take a proton... so in general there is an extra proton in the solution so I said acidic.

SAMEEEEEEEEE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i agree with you on that complex question and titration question. about that methanoic acid question.... question said two acids are formed so i out methanoic acid and ethanoic acid... dont know if im right ???

not sure, in the revision guide it gives how acidic alcohols, phenols, carboxylic acids are so i assumed that methanol can be classed as an acid?
Original post by Futuristicmedic

Posted from TSR Mobile

HCl ? the question said it CH3OH and CH3OH were oxidised to form two acids... I dont see how HCl is a product of the oxidation... when the two initial substance dont have Cl in them.
Gonna make a Poll for grade boundaries
not sure, in the revision guide it gives how acidic alcohols, phenols, carboxylic acids are so i assumed that methanol can be classed as an acid?

Methanols are alcohols... not sure how they can be classed as acids.

It was HCL and methanoic acid, HCL left over, methanol then oxidsed.
HCl ? the question said it CH3OH and CH3OH were oxidised to form two acids... I dont see how HCl is a product of the oxidation... when the two initial substance dont have Cl in them.

The first reaction to produce it had hcl

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got something like 4.24g for the 6 mark titration and so did another girl in the exam, how many marks will i lose/ does anyone know where I went wrong?

Latest

Trending

Trending