Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighwayUnicorn)
    Does anyone want a The Rivals study pack I bought a few weeks ago? I could email it around to you guys later on tonight. It's been so helpful to me in looking at the major themes and studying the context and characters. If you're doing TR/WOB, it has a lot of points for you to compare with.

could you send that to me please ..it would be so helpful..

my email address is [email protected]

thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone want a The Rivals study pack I bought a few weeks ago? I could email it around to you guys later on tonight. It's been so helpful to me in looking at the major themes and studying the context and characters. If you're doing TR/WOB, it has a lot of points for you to compare with.
    HI can u please send me this my emails [email protected] nk you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellokitty12345)
    HI can u please send me this my emails [email protected] nk you

(Original post by Kemz)
    could you send that to me please ..it would be so helpful..

my email address is [email protected]

thanks!
    Sent!

ReputationRep:
    If you wouldn't mind, it would be lovely if you could send this to me too please

[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    AO1 is how well written the essay is
    AO2 is analysis of the text
    AO3 is critical views
    AO4 is context
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abismall)
    Yes! Literally not seen anyone else doing it!
    I'm doing it!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm okay with language, but does anyone have any structure and form points for King Lear and The Wife of Bath/The Rivals?

Also, does anyone have any high level essays (preferably A/A*) that they could post on here so that I can have a look at what we need to do? My class haven't written any essays all year (other than coursework) and I'm really panicking about how to structure the essay in the exam and what you need to do to get the top marks as I need an A* in this! If anyone could post an essay I would be eternally grateful! Thank you sooo much in advance!

ReputationRep:
    /for the wife of bath and the rivials can anyone list potential themes for them both please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR_Monique)
    I'm okay with language, but does anyone have any structure and form points for King Lear and The Wife of Bath/The Rivals?

Also, does anyone have any high level essays (preferably A/A*) that they could post on here so that I can have a look at what we need to do? My class haven't written any essays all year (other than coursework) and I'm really panicking about how to structure the essay in the exam and what you need to do to get the top marks as I need an A* in this! If anyone could post an essay I would be eternally grateful! Thank you sooo much in advance!
    I can attach 2 King Lear ones I've done if that'd help? They're typed - we were set them for homework and I got 28/30 in both. They're only about a page and a half each?

I'd do the same for my WoB/Rivals ones but my handwriting isn't very legible and my teacher has scrawled all over it so it's like an essay on top of an essay o.O

Hopefully you'll see the structure is quite clear. Aside from intro and conclusion I make 3 points and just shove a reading in there where it fits.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a list of themes that could come up in the Lear question? Want to look through them so I know what could up in the thematic question, as it's very unlikely I'll go for a character question - except if it's on Lear or women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pavzky)
    I can attach 2 King Lear ones I've done if that'd help? They're typed - we were set them for homework and I got 28/30 in both. They're only about a page and a half each?

I'd do the same for my WoB/Rivals ones but my handwriting isn't very legible and my teacher has scrawled all over it so it's like an essay on top of an essay o.O

Hopefully you'll see the structure is quite clear. Aside from intro and conclusion I make 3 points and just shove a reading in there where it fits.
    I would really appreciate it if you could upload those Lear essays, I have really been struggling to put good essays together.

ReputationRep:
    Essay about unnatural behaviour of women in King Lear:

Name:  IMAG1076.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  471.5 KB
    Name:  IMAG1077.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  435.9 KB

Essay about Lear - whether or not you consider him to be a tragic hero:

Name:  IMAG1078.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  474.2 KB
    Name:  IMAG1079.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  390.8 KB

There ya go

ReputationRep:
    Can I have a copy please?

[email protected]

ReputationRep:

There ya go
    Ahhhhhhhhhh! thank you so so much. this is great!!

ReputationRep:

There ya go
    Thank you sooo much! So useful! So how would you structure the comparison essay as I have no idea how to go about doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR_Monique)
    Thank you sooo much! So useful! So how would you structure the comparison essay as I have no idea how to go about doing it?
    For the comparison essay, again I'd make 3 points and structure it like so:

Intro

Point 1:
    __(a)__
    Compare/contrast with __(b)__

Point 2:
    __(a)__

Point 3:
    __(a)__

Conclude

I try and make each point about a page long, half a page for each text and I find a/b a/b a/b comparisons are much better as you're comparing at every point rather than writing all about one text then all about the other as it's much harder to get AO3 marks that way.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna compile a list of themes for the Tempest? So far have good/evil, men v monster, illusion, magic, forgiveness, loyalty, justice, power and slavery (off the top of my head).

ReputationRep:
    Could you please send it to me too? [email protected] It's been so hard finding resources, and on top of that, I have a really bad teacher for The Rivals/WoB, so thanks so much for offering!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara :D)
    Anyone wanna compile a list of themes for the Tempest? So far have good/evil, men v monster, illusion, magic, forgiveness, loyalty, justice, power and slavery (off the top of my head).
    usurpation, isolation, colonialism?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=cornflaked;42928517
    Questions I've come up with/re-worked from previous papers:
    Lear -
    By considering the dramatic effects of the play, evulate the view that throughout 'King Lear', 'Disguises are used in the play by only honest characters.' [/QUOTE]

What sort of vague structure would you follow for this essay?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.