Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    Could the grade boundaries for a B possibly be below 60/90 ?
    If so I will be so happy! I think A gonna be like 66/90 or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AS01)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I lost way too many marks lol I feel like I wasted my time revising so much... but I hope it will be extremely beneficial in unit 5 next week (unit 4 knowledge).

How was your physics paper ? mine was okay, but didn't revise... so not expecting much

C3 on the other hand.... shocking :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I lost way too many marks lol I feel like I wasted my time revising so much... but I hope it will be extremely beneficial in unit 5 next week (unit 4 knowledge).

How was your physics paper ? mine was okay, but didn't revise... so not expecting much

C3 on the other hand.... shocking :eek:
    yeah! hopefully! gosh! I lost whole mark on that order
    Mine was okaish as well its physics so cant tell anything!
    do u do edexcel for C3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AS01)
    yeah! hopefully! gosh! I lost whole mark on that order
    Mine was okaish as well its physics so cant tell anything!
    do u do edexcel for C3?
    I lost a few marks on every single question in section B & C
    I am giving myself 15 for section A
    Hope I get a high B lol

& yup... I really screwed up in January quite badly, was so gutted because I got a low B. But after today, I am very very grateful that I got my B grade ... aha

ReputationRep:
    I lost a few marks on every single question in section B & C
    I am giving myself 15 for section A
    Hope I get a high B lol

& yup... I really screwed up in January quite badly, was so gutted because I got a low B. But after today, I am very very grateful that I got my B grade ... aha
    I think I will give myself 15 for secion A as well
    gosh! heard about the paper! everyone was so worried! it was coz they gave the replacement paper same for M2 and C4

ReputationRep:
    The muscle and sour milk question. Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AS01)
    I think I will give myself 15 for secion A as well
    gosh! heard about the paper! everyone was so worried! it was coz they gave the replacement paper same for M2 and C4
    I think they might look into the C4 paper that will be given and possibly make it a more moderate paper it isn't already that is, since Edexcel have received a lot of criticism for the paper. I just gave up like half way through lol

ReputationRep:
    I think they might look into the C4 paper that will be given and possibly make it a more moderate paper it isn't already that is, since Edexcel have received a lot of criticism for the paper. I just gave up like half way through lol
    edexcel is having a great time! trolling us lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingzor)
    its about how sour milk has other isomer as well so forms racemic mixture. well thats what i put

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone take the international paper.... If so that fellow probably feels as hopeless as I do....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaceIt)
    Did anyone take the international paper.... If so that fellow probably feels as hopeless as I do....
    omg I did, when I was looking at the replies I thought I did the wrong exam paper, it seems edexcel gives international centers and uk centers separate papers!!!!DONT KNOW HOW WILL THE UMS BE CALCULATED...

I think that paper is the hardest one ever..Lost 10 marks already, not even sure if I can get an A on it, suppose the boundary for A will be around 68/90?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clydeshen411)
    omg I did, when I was looking at the replies I thought I did the wrong exam paper, it seems edexcel gives international centers and uk centers separate papers!!!!DONT KNOW HOW WILL THE UMS BE CALCULATED...

I think that paper is the hardest one ever..Lost 10 marks already, not even sure if I can get an A on it, suppose the boundary for A will be around 68/90?
    =/ Okay I know I'm being biased but I seriously think that... If you've done the international papers, the UK ones are a piece of cake. No offense. Our exercise sources are all past year papers from the UK Version!!! Where can I get the international ones????!!!! Kinda pissed off.

The first subjective question is like crap. == They're coming out with new ways of asking the questions. Arh well...
    I hope they will be easy on us with the grades... I totally panicked in the first Kc, S total, S surrounding and crap. Didn't know where the values are from until they took my paper away.==

The papers after that were disheartening as well. T.T

ReputationRep:
    Hey! i got a first order reaction with respect to s2o8 does anyone know if im right? i got this because i converted the time to rate as rate is 1/time so the rate only changed for doubling concentration of that not I2 any replies will be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umeshi)
    Hey! i got a first order reaction with respect to s2o8 does anyone know if im right? i got this because i converted the time to rate as rate is 1/time so the rate only changed for doubling concentration of that not I2 any replies will be much appreciated!
    I did the same thing ! I hope we are right ... but from what I've heard in this thread, we could be very very wrong
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    That question was a meanie, you had to reason through the concept of optical activity.

The sour milk was not optically active; therefore, it must have had a mixture of both optical isomers; hence, it was a racemic mixture. The opposite was true for the lactic acid found in the body.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryMWilliams)
    That question was a meanie, you had to reason through the concept of optical activity.

The sour milk was not optically active; therefore, it must have had a mixture of both optical isomers; hence, it was a racemic mixture. The opposite was true for the lactic acid found in the body.
    I put that in the end. However I'm sure I used the term racemic in about five questions.

ReputationRep:
    I put that in the end. However I'm sure I used the term racemic in about five questions.
    Ye, they had sooo many questions about optical activity!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yeah, same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AS01)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kind of annoying as I got 69/90 in January and every other year that would have been an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mollymod)
    Kind of annoying as I got 69/90 in January and every other year that would have been an A
    Ikr! I got 70/90 and i lost three marks coz i got structure of amine wrong, for not writing the experiment number and one more thing so all stupid mistakes! I wish I spotted it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.