Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_lou)
    Ahh I know how you feel, in addition to the Aeneid I have a 2hr 30 German exam in the morning :/ me too, yeah I did Antigone and the second question as well. Just hoping the Aeneid questions are good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ohh wow good luck.. i hate language exams there the worst... section B was quite difficult.. hopefully done well enough ... me to considering i find this harder to answer they have to be good questions... i wouldn't mind one on the shield.. but iv got a feeling that one of the sections will be on either book 12 or 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aamna01)
    ohh wow good luck.. i hate language exams there the worst... section B was quite difficult.. hopefully done well enough ... me to considering i find this harder to answer they have to be good questions... i wouldn't mind one on the shield.. but iv got a feeling that one of the sections will be on either book 12 or 11
    I think I'll run screaming if it's on book 11 or 12....hoping for 1/2/4/5/10!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte.e.r)
    I think I'll run screaming if it's on book 11 or 12....hoping for 1/2/4/5/10!
    i would to! i hate book 11 its an awful book to write about.. i wouldn't mind any off the first 6 books the second half is just confusing!

ReputationRep:
    Book 11 is not too hard to remember, with opis and arruns and camilla and drances

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I need it! Feel ok for the Aeneid though. They usually do option A on a book from the first half an option B from the second half. My dream combo would be book 6 and book 12. Any predictions for the 40 markers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How is aeneas an ideal roman hero

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else freaking out about Tiberius and Claudius tomorrow? I can't grasp Tacitus at all

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I need it! Feel ok for the Aeneid though. They usually do option A on a book from the first half an option B from the second half. My dream combo would be book 6 and book 12. Any predictions for the 40 markers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    im sure you will be fine as long as your prepared ... i feel like i know my stuff but when it comes to the exam my essay technique goes out the window i panic and right everything i know down :/... mine would be any from first half except book 5 and the second half i would like 8 or 10

ReputationRep:
    im sure you will be fine as long as your prepared ... i feel like i know my stuff but when it comes to the exam my essay technique goes out the window i panic and right everything i know down :/... mine would be any from first half except book 5 and the second half i would like 8 or 10
    Thanks i've only prepared the books that haven't come up as I know those least well, especially book 11! Well as long as you remember point, evidence, explanation, context you should be fine best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks i've only prepared the books that haven't come up as I know those least well, especially book 11! Well as long as you remember point, evidence, explanation, context you should be fine best of luck to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i was considering doing that but make sure you know the other ones to because the English group at my school concentrated on the chapter that didn't come up, and the chapter that came up a year before was in their paper :/.. ill try probz write that on my paper before i start.. thankyou ill need it

ReputationRep:
    i was considering doing that but make sure you know the other ones to because the English group at my school concentrated on the chapter that didn't come up, and the chapter that came up a year before was in their paper :/.. ill try probz write that on my paper before i start.. thankyou ill need it
    I think I know the others well enough, just concerned about Book 11 so wrote out everything that happens in it, bet it'll come up! that sucks :/ I'm sure it'll go well and we'll get good questions

ReputationRep:
    I think I know the others well enough, just concerned about Book 11 so wrote out everything that happens in it, bet it'll come up! that sucks :/ I'm sure it'll go well and we'll get good questions
    thats okay then.. i need to go through them all again went through all the books with analysis on Monday.. might look more in-depth in book 11.. well if were going to revise it.. i hope it does haha... i hope so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    thats okay then.. i need to go through them all again went through all the books with analysis on Monday.. might look more in-depth in book 11.. well if were going to revise it.. i hope it does haha... i hope so fingers crossed!
    ahh well you've done more than me! I think it'll be worth looking at book 11 definitely. It has to come up if we've revised it haha good luck!

ReputationRep:
    ahh well you've done more than me! I think it'll be worth looking at book 11 definitely. It has to come up if we've revised it haha good luck!
    i probably haven't.. yeah im defiantly going to look at it know... haha i agree.. its going be a long night :/.. thank you.. good luck to you u have German as well :/

ReputationRep:
    i probably haven't.. yeah im defiantly going to look at it know... haha i agree.. its going be a long night :/.. thank you.. good luck to you u have German as well :/
    I'm sure you have, I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to revision :P haha well don't stay up too late! And thanks, German will be the death of me :/ need all the luck I can get!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you have, I'm a bit of a slacker when it comes to revision :P haha well don't stay up too late! And thanks, German will be the death of me :/ need all the luck I can get!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hopefully we both Ace the exams .. ill try not to.. its so hot i just cant concentrate :/ .. bless classics will be the death of me!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bananaboat)
    Is anyone else freaking out about Tiberius and Claudius tomorrow? I can't grasp Tacitus at all
    What I've done is thoroughly revise Claudius and ignore Tiberius in detail because I find that too hard. Hopefully something on wives or freedmen will come up. I've also revised extensively for the historiography question - it's risky if they have awful questions, but I just can't grasp Tiberius. At least with historiography I can just remember some anecdotes + quotes that relate to points about Tacitus/Suetonius.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burbe)
    What I've done is thoroughly revise Claudius and ignore Tiberius in detail because I find that too hard. Hopefully something on wives or freedmen will come up. I've also revised extensively for the historiography question - it's risky if they have awful questions, but I just can't grasp Tiberius. At least with historiography I can just remember some anecdotes + quotes that relate to points about Tacitus/Suetonius.
    Oh, that sounds like a good idea. Wish I thought of that earlier haha.

Truthfully I've pretty much neglected Tacitus entirely, only learnt the very very basics of it, and focused entirely on Suetonius. I plan on obviously doing the Suetonius questions, and hopefully scoring okay, and just try and slog through the 40 mark question.

My teacher, as mentioned before in this thread, was absolutely dreadful this year (like, thinking of writing to the educational authorities about how on earth a person that failed her history degree was teaching the subject), so I've had little to no guidance. And like you two, Tacitus just doesn't read/flow well at the best of times, so I don't think I had any hope! Haha.

Suetonius is quite a fun read though. Like, I would read it because I wanted too, not because I had too... so I would say I know Suetonius fairly well at this point; hopefully that's enough! xD

ReputationRep:
    To be honest though, the most important detail you need from the book is in the passage they provide you - as long as you know the rest in rough detail it's fine for the 20 markers! At the end of the day the factual questions are only 5 marks out of 75...! Not a big deal when you put it into perspective.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yep I'm in the same boat too!

Suetonius is a much better read than Tacitus and I'm hoping to do the Claudius question too, Tiberius' questions are not great at all!

(Original post by MichaelB6)
    Oh, that sounds like a good idea. Wish I thought of that earlier haha.

Truthfully I've pretty much neglected Tacitus entirely, only learnt the very very basics of it, and focused entirely on Suetonius. I plan on obviously doing the Suetonius questions, and hopefully scoring okay, and just try and slog through the 40 mark question.

My teacher, as mentioned before in this thread, was absolutely dreadful this year (like, thinking of writing to the educational authorities about how on earth a person that failed her history degree was teaching the subject), so I've had little to no guidance. And like you two, Tacitus just doesn't read/flow well at the best of times, so I don't think I had any hope! Haha.

Suetonius is quite a fun read though. Like, I would read it because I wanted too, not because I had too... so I would say I know Suetonius fairly well at this point; hopefully that's enough! xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.