Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me with reasons for and against as to why a company should increase their capacity utilisation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millionlightspau)
    can someone help me with reasons for and against as to why a company should increase their capacity utilisation?
    For is that it will save them costs and they can be more productive and against will be that unexpected orders may lead to dissatisfied customers, and going to competitiors.

ReputationRep:
    Broadly speaking there is two ways to increase profitability. First is to increase revenue and second is to decrease costs. To increase rev you can change the selling price of a good or service (although this depends of PED), you can also partake in advertising campaigns with the hope that in the long run it will create more rev. To decrease costs you can get rid of any unneeded staff, hold less stock or move to a cheaper location

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm retaking my BUSS2 exam tomorrow, with AQA. just wanted to know if we get a formula sheet? And what formula will be included, many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm retaking my BUSS2 exam tomorrow, with AQA. just wanted to know if we get a formula sheet? And which formulas will be included.

many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamanna ferdousi)
    Hi,

I'm retaking my BUSS2 exam tomorrow, with AQA. just wanted to know if we get a formula sheet? And which formulas will be included.

many thanks
    There is no formula sheet.

Here's a link to some useful formulas for the Buss2 exam
    http://www.tutor2u.net/assets/BUSS2-formulas.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZakRob)
    There is no formula sheet.

Here's a link to some useful formulas for the Buss2 exam
    http://www.tutor2u.net/assets/BUSS2-formulas.pdf

Thank you very much. I completely thought there was last time I took this exam was 1 year ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millionlightspau)
    you can increase sales, therefore higher revenue and this will lead to higher profit margins. you can also reduce your costs such as negotiate with suppliers for cheaper raw materials...however this could affect the quality of your product which could then lead to the company losing their USP and this could result in the loss of customers and also sales...but that's just what I think...
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceUpsb)
    Profitability is measured as Net profit margin or ROC.

To improve your profitability, lowering costs would increase both.
    Alternatively, increased sales revenue would do the same.
    Okay, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    When you evaluate there are some good phrases to use that can help, like '...this leads to....','...therefore...', does anybody know any other phrases???

ReputationRep:
    Can price elasticity come up as question, apart from as a formula? (a lot of people seem to think it will come up tomorrow). Also, what does it mean to express the answer as a positive number even if one of the % has gone down?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumenaislam)
    Can price elasticity come up as question, apart from as a formula? (a lot of people seem to think it will come up tomorrow). Also, what does it mean to express the answer as a positive number even if one of the % has gone down?
    I don't think it would come up as a question on its own. You'd use it if there was a question on the price aspect of the marketing mix and the elasticity of the product - perhaps..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamanna ferdousi)
    Hi,

many thanks
    Lool nope no formula sheet that would be helpful surely if ur retaking u would know if they give u a formula sheet?! Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshine1235)
    Lool nope no formula sheet that would be helpful surely if ur retaking u would know if they give u a formula sheet?! Lol
    Because they give you one with BUSS3, it is easy to forget that you don't get one for BUSS2. I was having a look through the past papers and thought I'd see what formulas they provide you with, then I remembered that it was none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vithusan40)
    When you evaluate there are some good phrases to use that can help, like '...this leads to....','...therefore...', does anybody know any other phrases???
    Have a look at this: https://smhw-production.s3.amazonaws...ay_Writing.pdf
    Although it is the BUSS4 exam, it still provides you with how to approach a question, especially the evaluation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumenaislam)
    doubt it would come up as a question in itself, just incorporate it into ur answer.
    it means that when u calculate it, the answer my come out as being negative. ignore this and make it positive.

ReputationRep:
    formula for gross profit and net profit not the margin just them on their own

ReputationRep:
    hi, having a last minute panic could somebody help? on my college exam results page it says in the january exam aqa buss1 i got 52 marks out of 80, aqa website says it is out of 60! what has happened here?? which is correct? also is tomorrows exam out of 80 yes? could anybody guide me on how long to spend on questions? would a minute a mark be fairly accurate? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamescalebsmith)
    formula for gross profit and net profit not the margin just them on their own
    hi, having a last minute panic could somebody help? on my college exam results page it says in the january exam aqa buss1 i got 52 marks out of 80, aqa website says it is out of 60! what has happened here?? which is correct? also is tomorrows exam out of 80 yes? could anybody guide me on how long to spend on questions? would a minute a mark be fairly accurate? thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.