Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2013 Chinese Grand Prix Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    Alonso more than Hamilton. I respect Hamilton alot more this season. Even wanted him to beat Kimi today. Who would have thought that, last season
    Yeah. I want Hamilton to do well at Mercedes. He is a great racer and he talks to the truth; you have to respect him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    It was also quite annoying to see how he leaves the door open for rival drivers to pass like a butler at a 5* hotel, but turns into the most aggressive defender when it's Alonso behind.

Ferrari just need to stick photos of Alonso's car on his mirrors and it should do the trick. His pace was piss poor yet again, Malaysia was bad enough already.
    Everyone on twitter is behind Massa. I think he should leave, i think we should bring Bianchi in

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on twitter is behind Massa. I think he should leave, i think we should bring Bianchi in
    A huge chunk of Massa fans are actually just anti-Alonso fans, his following is more sentimental/emotional than it is through reason..nice guy, injured from accident, no.2 driver, against F1's villain etc.

Seriously he couldn't get out of the way of Vettel and Button more if he tried to today, put up no fight at all.

ReputationRep:
    Bianchi is showing promise but it's way too early. Hulkenberg would be the better choice atm imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Bianchi is showing promise but it's way too early. Hulkenberg would be the better choice atm imo.
    Hulk to replace Alonso. Bianchi to replace Massa.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think? I can see Hulk going to Ferrari but not sure if it will be to replace Alonso. I can only see Alonso getting replaced by (unfortunately) Vettel. Always thought it would be Kubica but he's out of the picture now.

ReputationRep:
    Hulk to replace Alonso?

Surely they will want to replace Massa first and would rather pick the most experienced driver(Hulk) and get him into the Ferrari ASAP.

REckon Bianchi should move up to Sauber next year with Hulk going to Ferrari.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/re...t=1#noredirect

Now that would be interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant race for Ferrari. Most havnt seen a dominate race like it for awhile!

Massa needs to pull his finger out. His performances are not good enough
    http://www.espn.co.uk/ferrari/motors...ry/105126.html

Priceless.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anybody else want Webber to go now and for Schumi to come finish the season?

ReputationRep:
    Arguably, Massa is the quickest driver on the grid.
    But he is also the safest driver, which is why he loses places

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Funny how Kimi set fastest laps with half a front wing.

Lib annoyed that with all her hard work he goes quicker with chunks missing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll suggest we stop bothering with flicks/cascades/etc on the wings because apparently we operate fine without them... Or maybe it's just that asymetric front wings are the way forward? :rolleyes:

At least it wasn't the new wing, 'cause Romain had that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    Yeah, plus in the current form the peak down force isn't as important in the race, so some minor damage to wings isn't as costly. It's why even cars with less down force can be competitive in the race whilst not so much in the race.

Explains why Alonso managed to maintain 2nd place at Malaysia for the entire lap with the wing being dragged across the tarmac..
    The bits of the wing that Kimi lost aren't directly for downforce, they're for conditioning the flow around the front tyre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    The bits of the wing that Kimi lost aren't directly for downforce, they're for conditioning the flow around the front tyre.
    Well Kimi spoke of the car having understeer after the crash so that suggests lack of downforce on the front end...or can it also be induced with the flow being disturbed around the front tyres?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lib)
    I'll suggest we stop bothering with flicks/cascades/etc on the wings because apparently we operate fine without them... Or maybe it's just that asymetric front wings are the way forward? :rolleyes:

At least it wasn't the new wing, 'cause Romain had that.
    Or maybe he was slowed significantly and you guys would have fought Alonso for the lead if he wasn't slowed so much.

Why did romain have the new wing and not Kimi?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :noway: Were you drunk when you posted that? Hulk to replace Alonso?!

Only 4 days until the next weekend starts in Bahrain Won't be live on the BBC, which given the borefest it has been previously isn't too great a loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    Arguably, Massa is the quickest driver on the grid.
    But he is also the safest driver, which is why he loses places

Posted from TSR iPad
    Arguably, in what sense? If the car is quick and to his liking, sure? Same goes for drivers like Vettel, Hamilton & co. I don't consider Alonso as the quickest qualifier on the grid, personally.

I don't think he's the "safest"; see his feud with Hamilton in 2011. He's a driver who lacks confidence if things don't go his way, and he's not clinical enough whilst driving in traffic.

When he's full of confidence, he's the one of the quickest out there.

ReputationRep:
    Qualifying, brilliant. He needs to raise his game in the race. Something that is sadly lacking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    :noway: Were you drunk when you posted that? Hulk to replace Alonso?!

Only 4 days until the next weekend starts in Bahrain Won't be live on the BBC, which given the borefest it has been previously isn't too great a loss.
    Not right now! When Alonso decides he wants to leave! Until then, I love him!!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=42274121

Bahrain thread is up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.