Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Actually, if the nuclear war is local, there will be survivors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    Yes I do. Reserving the right to do something does not mean that they will do it.
    Yes that's why they have certain conditions that must be met first for them to do it i.e. being overwhelmed by a superior conventional force e.g. The USA.:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    How did this thread spiral into another discussion about the Ukrainian Civil War?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheart96)
    Yes that's why they have certain conditions that must be met first for them to do it i.e. being overwhelmed by a superior conventional force e.g. The USA.:facepalm:
    It still does not mean that they will. Where in their military doctorine does it say that they will use nuclear weapons?

ReputationRep:
    1. im not Russian.
    2. You called me names
    3. not sure if you're a troll or just mentally handicapped.
    What names? Tell me when I called you names?
    Of course you are not Russian, so you spit out Russian propaganda, word by word as we can see on numerous other sites and comment sections, heavily populated with Russian trolls. And, of course, Russians never confess that they are Russians, they even change their names to sound like Western names, and if you ask them directly, they say something like "We are all Slavic souls" or "I am one of the brotherhood of Slavs", you are so much ashamed of being Russians.

ReputationRep:
    It still does not mean that they will. Where in their military doctorine does it say that they will use nuclear weapons?
    Hold on let me google that for you.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Military+doctrine+of+russia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namename)
    What names? Tell me when I called you names?
    Of course you are not Russian, so you spit out Russian propaganda, word by word as we can see on numerous other sites and comment sections, heavily populated with Russian trolls. And, of course, Russians never confess that they are Russians, they even change their names to sound like Russians, and if you ask them directly, they say something like "We are all Slavic souls" or "I am one of the brotherhood of Slavs", you are so much ashamed of being Russians.
    I have no response to this complete and utter stupidity. go rock yourself to sleep in the corner wearing you tin foil hat.

ReputationRep:
    Hold on let me google that for you.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Military+doctrine+of+russia
    It doesn't say anywhere (at least not in the current doctrine) that they will use nuclear weapons.

ReputationRep:
    2. You called me names.
    Mememe, name calling. Shall I send him into time-out?

And, of course, Russians never confess that they are Russians, they even change their names to sound like Russians, and if you ask them directly, they say something like "We are all Slavic souls" or "I am one of the brotherhood of Slavs", you are so much ashamed of being Russians.
    Hold it right there, McCarthy!

ReputationRep:
    I have no response to this complete and utter stupidity. go rock yourself to sleep in the corner wearing you tin foil hat.
    So, I didn't call you names, so Russian. You lie as you breathe.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't say anywhere (at least not in the current doctrine) that they will use nuclear weapons.
    Under the new doctrine, Russia continues to develop and modernize its nuclear capability. "Russia reserves the right to use nuclear weapons in response to the use of nuclear and other types of weapons of mass destruction against it or its allies, and also in case of aggression against Russia with the use of conventional weapons when the very existence of the state is threatened."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Fox)
    Mememe, name calling. Shall I send him into time-out?

Hold it right there, McCarthy!
    Yes please

ReputationRep:
    Under the new doctrine, Russia continues to develop and modernize its nuclear capability. "Russia reserves the right to use nuclear weapons in response to the use of nuclear and other types of weapons of mass destruction against it or its allies, and also in case of aggression against Russia with the use of conventional weapons when the very existence of the state is threatened."
    "reserves the right to" does absolutely not mean that they will use them. The two statements have very different meanings. I reserve the right to sue someone who crashes their car into me, it doesn't mean that I will though (I could easily choose not to).

ReputationRep:
    "reserves the right to" does absolutely not mean that they will use them. The two statements have very different meanings. I reserve the right to sue someone who crashes their car into me, it doesn't mean that I will though (I could easily choose not to).
    I'm done with this thread, it feels like i'm trying to explain why 2+2=4 to 1 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    I'm done with this thread, it feels like i'm trying to explain why 2+2=4 to 1 year olds.
    If reversed that analogy holds well, since you clearly fail to grasp basic English.

ReputationRep:
    No, I said 'conventional war'. Nuclear weapons are a poor indicator of power because no one would dare to use them anyway. Think of Pakistan - would you consider them to be a particularly powerful country?
    Is it not one? Without its nuclear weapons, would Pakistan be an ally in the WoT, or a target of it?

And Pakistan's main weakness is the short range of its delivery systems, which can't reach the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    Is it not one?
    Are you aware of anyone taking Pakistan seriously? Their only importance lies in their abilities to have an impact on a number of conflicts that are raging around and within it (Afghanistan and their own insurgency) and their futile feud with India.

Without its nuclear weapons, would Pakistan be an ally in the WoT, or a target of it?
    It's both. Helping the US fight the Taliban while secretly aiding them, publicly complaining about drone strikes on their territory while secretly either welcoming them (an insurgent dead from a Hellfire is an insurgent the Pakistani Armed Forces don't have to deal with) or just being plain unable to do anything against them.

And Pakistan's main weakness is the short range of its delivery systems, which can't reach the US.
    Pakistan's weaknesses are its extreme poverty and instability. Pakistan is definitely not a particularly powerful country, it just happens to have some nuclear weapons and be located in a particularly interesting spot. The only reason most countries (apart from India, maybe) are concerned with Pakistan's nukes is because of their (legitimate) fear that Pakistan does not have proper control over them and could easily lose some to insurgents, not because other countries are particularly afraid of these nukes being used on them.

ReputationRep:
    Try to learn English, vatnik, then maybe people would understand what you say.

ReputationRep:
    Are you aware of anyone taking Pakistan seriously?
    India, US, China, Saudi, Iran.

Their only importance lies in their abilities to have an impact on a number of conflicts that are raging around and within it (Afghanistan and their own insurgency) and their futile feud with India.
    Yes - they are able to maintain multiple pointless and destructive conflicts with much more powerful countries and no one even talks about putting a violent end to this.

Pakistan's weaknesses are its extreme poverty and instability. Pakistan is definitely not a particularly powerful country, it just happens to have some nuclear weapons and be located in a particularly interesting spot. The only reason most countries (apart from India, maybe) are concerned with Pakistan's nukes is because of their (legitimate) fear that Pakistan does not have proper control over them and could easily lose some to insurgents, not because other countries are particularly afraid of these nukes being used on them.
    It's a non-entity that has been elevated to the 2nd or 3rd rank of powers by its possession of nuclear weapons.

ReputationRep:
    Try to learn English, vatnik, then maybe people would understand what you say.
    Yeah put you tin foil hat back on you **** nobody understands what the **** you're going on about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.