Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstyy93)

Yeah! It started when we did this little experiment thing, like in the past or something people with blue eyes were treated a lot better than people with brown eyes (something like that)so our teacher did the same for one lesson, and because I didn't have blue or brown eyes it just gave them something to pick on me about I guess! Bit ironic though considering the experiment was meant to teach us to treat people equally!
    woah, woah, they did experiments on you at school? What kind of school did you go to?

(Original post by kirstyy93)
    Haha
    And actually there wasn't any ginger or fat kids at my school! Well one reallyyyy fat kid but he just so happened to be the biggest bully! And thanks
    Its always the fat ones :rolleyes:haha

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_K?)
    Ooooo once in Grade 7 an Indian girl said to me that she thinks I smell like curry. Which really made me ROFL and infuriate me, cause if I did smell like 'curry' [she was the only one who thought I did] then she didn't smell like no strawberries either.
    The irony lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    The irony lol
    That's what made me laugh at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon117)

Why would people tease you about that? It sounds awesome.
    People will tease about anything they can find.

Now, it's completely different. Im still huge for my frame at 34GG but no one really says anything bad about it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have very fair skin and am Indian so my skin stands out a lot compared to most Asian tan/dark complexions. There was a boy who kept calling me a ghost, I think he thought he was joking in a friendly way but it really hurt because so many boys were calling me it, and they were all Asian too so I think they found it unusual. At one point, I snapped at a boy when he called me a ghost and he actually said 'I thought you liked being called it', which was probably my fault because I'd laugh the insult off.

I had to do a presentation in front of the class in year 9, about 8 boys were shouting 'ghost' at me so I started reading my notes super fast, the teacher was there shouting at me to read properly, couldn't she see I was getting racist abuse shouted at me by half the class?! Now I think about it I can't believe I wanted to change my skin colour because now I love it! I would literally choose my colour if I could over any other colour.

Also, since I felt so isolated I'd study loads, ended up getting amazing GCSE's got accepted to study my dream AS levels which I thought I wasn't clever enough to do. All the people that insulted me ended up getting waaay lower grades than me, which makes me feel better!
    Had the same thing, being Indian and super fair. "Pale", as they called it. I never bothered me too much actually, it was just really annoying to be asked "how are you so fair?" and "do you use fairness creams", that was the worst :mad:

ReputationRep:
    someone insulted my looks, I gave them a right hook, they were surprised as f u c k, but I walked away like a duck

ReputationRep:
    Got some more to add.....

In year 7 the girl that I was friends with all the way through primary school said she could no longer be friends with me anymore because I was a 'Moth'......A word that she made up and explained that I was somewhere between a mosher and a goth and she couldnt be seen with such a person.....

I suffer with eczema and its also in my scalp giving the appearance of dandruff. I remember waiting for class when some boy came up to me and said 'Urgh you've got nits' Luckily my friend stuck for me and told him to **** off and I clearly didnt have nits. Luckily its no where near like it was before, plus my hair was always really dark so showed up really easily.

Because I dressed 'differently' to the other kids at school, I always got asked 'Have you swallowed any razor blades recently' 'Let me look at your wrists, I bet you've cut them'

Oh and more comments about my weight from my own mother to my dad (I havent lived with her for nearly 7 years) 'You need to put her on a diet because she's looking rather chunky now'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jarasta)
    Do you like it now?
    Well it's something quite unique so I guess

I have two older sisters who are slim and good looking, whilst I am bulky and not hugely attractive. As sad as this sounds sometimes i think of it as the reverse of the cinderella story- the two beautiful sisters who get everyone's affection and then you have me :confused: thats me being weird
    Alot of my family members tell me to go on a diet etc (last time that happened was yesterday) but they dont mean it in a mean way and I know they want the best for me-but it does take the piss when they do it regularly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    In secondary school, for being dark skin, by other black people would you believe.

But I'm beautiful now and swim in pussy, so I'm over it.
    As a dark skinned male myself everything u said i can relate to myself and yes i myself am swimming in pussy!

ReputationRep:
    Insulted and bullied, yes.
    When I was in junior high some boys spat in my face because I didn't look like "the other girls". Then no one wanted to be friends with me (except 3 "left out" boys). It got to the point where my mum insisted that we go to a psychiatrist, because I almost failed in my report cards :s
    I managed to deal with my physique though (my eczema caused extreme acne infections) and the same boys and girls who bullied me won't talk to me anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    Girls and guys, have you ever been or felt insulted by others about your looks which has perhaps dented your confidence? Like maybe someone said you had a big nose, you look old, you have horrible eyes etc.

Tell us some times about when (if ever) you have been insulted?

If you havent been insulted then say so.

Just thought it would be interesting and might help others who have gone through similar to realise that everyone gets insulted, has faults and that they are often exaggerated words.

I'l start. Heres what I can think up at the moment.

-I was rated the least attractive girl in class at college for some facial attractiveness/biology topic. Ok so maybe this wasnt an insult as it was an anonymous activity but made me feel insulted. Its kind of worse than an insult as I couldnt put it down to nastiness/being victimised lol.

-A 30 odd year old man I went on a few dates with then broke up with told his mates that he was worried about getting any girl as he couldnt even get the ugliest of girls (meaning me).

Its not a direct insult as such but Ive never had a proper relationship and guys never approach me which i find insulting/lowers confidence.
    Of course. I used to have big ears as a kid and I would be insulted here and there but it was fairly common and I would insult others. Luckily, nowadays they are not big anymore, don't what happened but nobody mentions it anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilflexx12)
    Of course. I used to have big ears as a kid and I would be insulted here and there but it was fairly common and I would insult others. Luckily, nowadays they are not big anymore, don't what happened but nobody mentions it anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your head grew

sorry that was mean, yea it sounds like childish banter but when you are self conscious about something it feels 100 times worse!

ReputationRep:
    As a rather accident prone individual, I aqquired more than my fair share of scars as a kid. One particularly nasty one stretches vertically down the centre of my stomach, from a few inches above my bellbutton and down to my panty line. i also have a small scar under my lip and scars on my palms from an unfortunate incident with a barbecue.
    People used to make fun of me when I got changed for PE, some called me 'bride of chuckie'. I had my ugly scar on my stomach redone because I hated it so much.
    The best way I learned to deal with it was to join in and laugh, which completely diffused the situation and people stopped bugging me.
    They don't bother me much anymore

ReputationRep:
    Haha all the time in the relationship i'm in! I get called upon my nose being big or my eyebrows being too bushy haha or also that i'm only 5foot 6 but I laugh at her for having small eyes and being really tall. It's all a laugh though and I think it's brilliant being in a situation where you can do that and not feel offended in anyway way at all. We're a pretty couple though despite me saying that hahaa

When I got laughed at while swimming because I have gyno. Not even fat or anything..

ReputationRep:
    Yes, when I was 15 somebody commented on the length of my forearms saying that they're 'quite a bit longer than normal'.

What is the normal length of a forearm anyway?

I still think about it to this day.

I get continuously insulted about my hair colour - people at school, random people in the street...I even get people shouting from cars as they drive past.

The thing that makes me angry is that nearly everyone does it just offhand - they don't realise how hurtful it can be. If you ever speak about it then it's obviously your fault for not being able to take a joke...:mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yeah. Told I was ugly and that my thighs are huge. Not really over it tbh.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.