ReputationRep:
    Married and split

ReputationRep:
    Married and still together

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StupidGirl1)
    I have a theory that people such as my grandparents (who were married in 1964 and had my dad in 1965) that are married before having their first child are more likely to stay together forever, whereas people like my mum had her first child unmarried to my sisters dad, then split with him and had me to my dad again unmarried and also had my brother to my dad unmarried and again split with him.

Looking at most peoples parents I know if they were married before they had their first child they are still together to this day and vice versa.
    I think this is due to the bond of marriage, when you get married you make a commitment to be with someone through anything meaning you LOVE them enough to make the vows whereas when you have children unmarried you merely have the commitment of a child and perhaps not love.

I am not intending to offend anyone so apologies if I have It is just a theory I am planning on writing about.

So If you could reply to this thread with:

Married or not married (When they had their first child together)
    and Still together or split

So If I were to reply to this thread I would with:

Unmarried and split
    Married and split

ReputationRep:
    married and still together

my friend was born when his parents werent married, but they went on to marry n have his bro n sis :P

my cousin was born when her parents were unmarried, they are still unmarried but together

ReputationRep:
    unmarried and still together

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried, still together.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Unmarried (JUST, by a few months) and still together

ReputationRep:
    Married and ...

My Dad's been having an affair for 10 years, and recently told my mum, they haven't decided what they're going to do yet though legally still together... I'm 22.

ReputationRep:
    Married and still together.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    unmarried still together

Married and split

ReputationRep:
    Married and together
    HOWEVER they were forced to get married by my grandmother because mum was pregnant and they're only together for financial reasons (both have openly cheated on each other but divorce is too expensive) so not sure where that leaves us haha.

ReputationRep:
    Married and split.

It seems I am in the minority here!

ReputationRep:
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE READ THIS VERY LONG THREAD AND REPLY PLEASE!! IT'S ABOUT DEPRESSION >>>>>>>> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2314940

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.