Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So... Who's getting relegated then? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    You can add McCarthy, Alcaraz and McArthur to that list.

I honestly don't think we will see them in the top division again any time soon. Next season will be very hard for them with a European campaign and most likely a new manager. Wigan deserve a lot of credit for staying up here for 8 years, winning the FA Cup and reaching the League Cup final when absolutely everyone (including myself) thought they'd go straight back down. They spent way beyond their means to get into the Premiership, but once they got there they've actually been run properly unlikely so many other clubs.
    I was unsure about this, how did they get the Europa spot, by winning the FA Cup?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I was unsure about this, how did they get the Europa spot, by winning the FA Cup?
    The winners of both major cup competitions get a spot but if the winner of the FA Cup has already qualified for Europe then the loser will get it. So Wigan were guarenteed a place in the Europa League next season even if they lost 10-0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    18th Wigan
    19th Reading
    20th QPR

But I would prefer if Stoke went down instead but from viewing the fixture list, I deciphered that the above 3 teams will fill the final relegation slots. Also, I'm glad for Southampton, they place some lovely football
    Knew it

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.