Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghille)
    I want to go - only I'm totally freaking out about actually going. Think I'll buck up the courage to attend a few of them. Need to get social, actually enjoy life a bit.
    what ones are you going to, like at what campus' ?

ReputationRep:
    I want to go - only I'm totally freaking out about actually going. Think I'll buck up the courage to attend a few of them. Need to get social, actually enjoy life a bit.
    I'm the exact same! Getting a bit nervous now...I'm to shy for this. Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone starting social sciences this year?

ReputationRep:
    Also, how does everyone know all this stuff about freshers events? Im clueless

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer Neil)
    sauws.ac.uk
    i think thats the freshers website, but also check on your own campus' freshers fb page!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerimurphy)
    sauws.ac.uk
    i think thats the freshers website, but also check on your own campus' freshers fb page!
    Thankyou!!

ReputationRep:
    There's a FB page and there's a page for each campus. I'm also doing social sciences, what campus are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConorWilson)
    There's a FB page and there's a page for each campus. I'm also doing social sciences, what campus are you going to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh thanks i'll go have a look paisley! You?

ReputationRep:
    Oh thanks i'll go have a look paisley! You?
    Same! See you there!

Are you in halls or commuting?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same! See you there!

Are you in halls or commuting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh good! I know no one going! Commuting, i dont live too far away feel like i might miss out a lil bit though what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh good! I know no one going! Commuting, i dont live too far away feel like i might miss out a lil bit though what about you?
    I'm also commuting Don't know anyone either which makes me a little nervous but still pretty excited! I don't think we'll be missing out, just have to involve ourselves as much as possible I suppose...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm also commuting Don't know anyone either which makes me a little nervous but still pretty excited! I don't think we'll be missing out, just have to involve ourselves as much as possible I suppose...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah if anything it means you'll meet so many new people yeah true im excited for freshers it should be good!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if anything it means you'll meet so many new people yeah true im excited for freshers it should be good!
    Yeah! By the way, was it you who posted in the UWS paisley facebook group? Just saw that...haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! By the way, was it you who posted in the UWS paisley facebook group? Just saw that...haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that was me! Would be funny if there was two Jennifer Neils on the same course though haha

ReputationRep:
    Another, probably very stupid, question but are all the freshers events open to all the campuses? Like, can Ayr students go to the Paisley events and such?? :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lankyperson47)
    Another, probably very stupid, question but are all the freshers events open to all the campuses? Like, can Ayr students go to the Paisley events and such?? :L
    I would imagine so. If you're a student at UWS you should be able to go to any of the unions if you want...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i think so? i doubt there's any rules against it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerimurphy)
    i think so? i doubt there's any rules against it?
    Haha, felt it was a stupid thing to ask :L anyways, probably will see about making a few of the events, wouldn't hurt to meet a few folk like :L

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same. I feel more nervous about all the social events than the course work, which is really silly

I actually head up to paisley today so if anyone wants to come talk to me, please do! Not desperate or anything pfft

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, felt it was a stupid thing to ask :L anyways, probably will see about making a few of the events, wouldn't hurt to meet a few folk like :L
    yeah, thats my plan aswell! hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.