Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warda3)
    Can someone help me with fraud! Please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sure, what do you need to know?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, how would you deal with a scenario where person A has stolen an object from person B, but that person B has stolen that object from Person C.

Did person A steal an object belonging to person B or C? Technically, it belongs to person C. But he stole it from person B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    Sure, what do you need to know?
    What's the difference between expressed and implied representation And briefly relevant points on obtaining services dishonestly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    Guys, how would you deal with a scenario where person A has stolen an object from person B, but that person B has stolen that object from Person C.

Did person A steal an object belonging to person B or C? Technically, it belongs to person C. But he stole it from person B.
    Hmm I'm not 100% sure about person B, but you'd definitely bring up Turner with 'control or possession'. If it was only asking you to assess person A's liability then I think you can say that he stole it from both of them. While he stole it from C, it was in B's possession at the time. I doubt any scenario like that'd come up anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warda3)
    What's the difference between expressed and implied representation And briefly relevant points on obtaining services dishonestly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Expressed is when I specifically make a representation - e.g. I say that I am going to pay for the dinner given to me at a restaurant. I am making an express false representation, because I have specifically said it.

Implied is when I imply it. E.g. If I go to a restaurant and sit there, I am implicitly making a representation that I am going to pay for the meal given to me at that restaurant, even though I haven't said it. It is automatically assumed by just me sitting at that restaurant and ordering a meal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    Expressed is when I specifically make a representation - e.g. I say that I am going to pay for the dinner given to me at a restaurant. I am making an express false representation, because I have specifically said it.

Implied is when I imply it. E.g. If I go to a restaurant and sit there, I am implicitly making a representation that I am going to pay for the meal given to me at that restaurant, even though I haven't said it. It is automatically assumed by just me sitting at that restaurant and ordering a meal.
    Thank u

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InsaneMosaic)
    Hmm I'm not 100% sure about person B, but you'd definitely bring up Turner with 'control or possession'. If it was only asking you to assess person A's liability then I think you can say that he stole it from both of them. While he stole it from C, it was in B's possession at the time. I doubt any scenario like that'd come up anyway.
    I see. I thought Turner was to do with proprietary right? Does it involve something else I don't know? o.O. That's a good point about possession, I'll use it. Thanks.

So what's a difference between control and possession? Usually, when one has possession, he also has control, right? Or is control what the owner has but he lends the property to another who has possession of it?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)

You can steal from anyone who has more rights to the property than yourself so therefore he would be stealing from both B and C. If this scenario came up you would briefly mention that it is irrelevant that he stole it from someone else and carry on to the next bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lharto)
    I genuinely think law and morals will be up, if any of you get the AQA law review, for the LAW03 June exam (January one was cancelled due to snow-.-) articles in may published where about reviewing non-fatals and UDAM and they were the exact things on the paper and only last month did they put an article on morality in the UK, they are written by aqa and practically tell you what will be in, just too let you all know, good luck for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did it say anything about any of the other essays for this year? Im doing creativity fault and justice
    But im risking not learning justice...thats a good idea seeing as the past three years its made an appearance, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heleena11)
    Did it say anything about any of the other essays for this year? Im doing creativity fault and justice
    But im risking not learning justice...thats a good idea seeing as the past three years its made an appearance, right?
    Im doing the exact same...judicial and fault but I am going to briefly learn justice..just to be safe lol

ReputationRep:
    Can someone give me an out line how to structure law and justice essay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kmackenzz)
    You can steal from anyone who has more rights to the property than yourself so therefore he would be stealing from both B and C. If this scenario came up you would briefly mention that it is irrelevant that he stole it from someone else and carry on to the next bit.
    Awesome thanks.

ReputationRep:
    How many approx. words does a concept essay have to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rupesh94)
    Im doing the exact same...judicial and fault but I am going to briefly learn justice..just to be safe lol
    People keep telling me its too risky! I dont see why they would put justice in for a 4th year ina row when they have 5 to choose from?!?

ReputationRep:
    What essays do people think will come?

ReputationRep:
    I really hope judicial doesn't come up!

Anyway, do you have to obtain a property to qualify for S2 Fraud. Because I always thought if it's a service - go for S11, but if it's a property that is obtained - go for S2. But can S2 qualify for both?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how you begin to talk about the defence of self induced duress?

Do you only state the normal rule for getting involved with drugs and gangs then find them not guilty? Or do you go through duress of threats and then talk about the self induced normal rule? I'm so confused and I have no teacher to ask -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heleena11)
    People keep telling me its too risky! I dont see why they would put justice in for a 4th year ina row when they have 5 to choose from?!?
    I know fair point...I was going to disregard Justice completely but then there is the possibility of Morals, Justice and Balancing :/ but I hope Judicial comes up! Or even fault lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese man)
    Does anyone know how you begin to talk about the defence of self induced duress?

Do you only state the normal rule for getting involved with drugs and gangs then find them not guilty? Or do you go through duress of threats and then talk about the self induced normal rule? I'm so confused and I have no teacher to ask -.-
    I'd possibly be more inclined to dive straight in to the self induced rule. If some of the facts of duress are un-necessary to the scenario then it might be wasting time.

A little concerned about the question that's going to come up. Our teachers left us to do it on our own. Stated she 'can't teach us it, it's up to us.' Rubbish. Anyway, hoping it's either Fault or Morality! Covering Justice as I type. Cramming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rupesh94)
    I know fair point...I was going to disregard Justice completely but then there is the possibility of Morals, Justice and Balancing :/ but I hope Judicial comes up! Or even fault lol
    I only know Law and Morality, how screwed am I...?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.