Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldor)
    Pfft, where did I say that it was ok? I said it wasn't used just by private school students,it isn't used to describe all state school students and it doesn't "apply" to all state school students. I get the feeling from you that you have this negative view of a huge group of people that you don't want to let go of so you try to reassure the view with every negative possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not at all, I know a few private school kids through playing rugby and have got on perfectly well with every single one so I have no prejudice towards private school students nor have I a dislike towards people who happen to be better off than me. You can't accuse me of having a prejudice I don't actually have.
    I am having issues with the things you have said and the things others have said on this thread and am not trying to re-assert any prejudice that you believe I have.
    If you ask me it sounds like you are attempting to accuse me of holding a prejudice towards you in order to provide me with a motive to pick apart your arguments and wild generalisations.
    I'll re-state that for you: I have NO prejudice towards private school students as a whole, I happen to be irritated by ones on this thread that talk utter garbage, like yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnathon16)
    Not at all, I know a few private school kids through playing rugby and have got on perfectly well with every single one so I have no prejudice towards private school students nor have I a dislike towards people who happen to be better off than me. You can't accuse me of having a prejudice I don't actually have.
    I am having issues with the things you have said and the things others have said on this thread and am not trying to re-assert any prejudice that you believe I have.
    If you ask me it sounds like you are attempting to accuse me of holding a prejudice towards you in order to provide me with a motive to pick apart your arguments and wild generalisations.
    I'll re-state that for you: I have NO prejudice towards private school students as a whole, I happen to be irritated by ones on this thread that talk utter garbage, like yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just get that impression because you assumed I was justifying the word chav when all I did was mention it as in verbatim. What beliefs do I hold that you think are garbage? In this conversation, the only things i've said are:
    1.Chav is not a term invented by private school students or only used by them.
    2.Private school students aren't all stuck up snobs
    3.Defend the generalisations you've made saying we're all trained to think we're above everyone else

To clarify, no I don't think I'm above state school students (having been one myself) I don't hate the working class (having been one myself) I'm not a snob and if there is anything I hate most in the world it's people making incorrect generalisations or false assumptions about groups of people.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No way! My dad went to private school, and so do I. However, my dad came to England from Kenya when he was 16. His parents invested all their money into his education, and it worked. Immigrants benefit from them hugely, as it is hard for them to get into the state system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, they shouldn't. People have the freedom to spend their money as they see fit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.