Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metrobeans)
    The TSR Labour Party has never discussed the issue and as such, we don't have an official position. Personally, I think we should aim towards working with the Iraqi government and training their army/security services so that they can defend their own country.
    Yeah agreed, do you feel that your RL counterparts were right to go to war on 2003?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davireland)
    Yeah agreed, do you feel that your RL counterparts were right to go to war on 2003?
    If I'm been honest I think no but only because the tories should have sorted Saddam out in 1991.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was the biggest mistake the party's ever made. People lost their faith in the party and everything was basically downhill from there.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    What do the TSR Labour party think of some of the anti-terrorism Bills braught in by the RL Labour party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DayneD89)
    What do the TSR Labour party think of some of the anti-terrorism Bills braught in by the RL Labour party?
    Way to excessive, 28 days I understand most countries dont even have more than 7 days.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    How about government and ministers making law without parliment being involved?

ReputationRep:
    How close do you align yourselves to the fiscal policy of your RL counterparts? The Ernst and Young report has stated that the government is going to have to borrow £350bn in the next 2 years to cover the fixed public spending due to falling tax receipts. This ammounts to an increase from 2.6% of GDP borrowing to... 12.6%. And here's the kicker - it's going to leave the next government (whoever they be) with a debt larger than the total debt borrowed by every ruler and government combined between 1691 and 1997. That wasn't a typo. They'll leave whoever has to come in and clean up the mess with more debt than that which has been taken out by 306 years of governments.

Can you defend this, and can any of you really bring yourselves to vote Labour again in 2010?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    How close do you align yourselves to the fiscal policy of your RL counterparts? The Ernst and Young report has stated that the government is going to have to borrow £350bn in the next 2 years to cover the fixed public spending due to falling tax receipts. This ammounts to an increase from 2.6% of GDP borrowing to... 12.6%. And here's the kicker - it's going to leave the next government (whoever they be) with a debt larger than the total debt borrowed by every ruler and government combined between 1691 and 1997. That wasn't a typo. They'll leave whoever has to come in and clean up the mess with more debt than that which has been taken out by 306 years of governments.

Can you defend this, and can any of you really bring yourselves to vote Labour again in 2010?
    If it's the best option out of the options available, there's no point criticizing it - the alternative was way worse. They could've either had a fiscal stimulus or let the economy fail. Both are awful, but one is much more awful than the other. If the government hadn't have acted, the banks WOULD have collapsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotsofsnails)
    If it's the best option out of the options available, there's no point criticizing it - the alternative was way worse. They could've either had a fiscal stimulus or let the economy fail. Both are awful, but one is much more awful than the other. If the government hadn't have acted, the banks WOULD have collapsed.
    You genuinely think that what the government has done is the best possible thing they could have done?

Right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyclopsRock)
    You genuinely think that what the government has done is the best possible thing they could have done?

Right.
    Well not exactly, but but every big western government has had to carry out fiscal stimulus, it's what is necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Well not exactly, but but every big western government has had to carry out fiscal stimulus, it's what is necessary.
    I dont believe nationalising banks were the correct policy, I think the German scheme of underwriting the publics money was a good idea, not nationalising the banks.

ReputationRep:
    It's only neccessary when using the bizarro "More of what got us into the mess will get us out. Probably." logic that, as you rightly say, is being widely implemented by basically everyone.

ReputationRep:
    How do the Labour Party of TSR feel about modernising the royal family?

Equality with inheritance, should we in a modern age have the moral authority to affectively change British History, Culture & Tradition?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Labour Party member: but why not? Indeed, if we so wished to dispose of the concept of the monarchy after Queen Elizabeth, I don't think the "moral authority" argument can be used as if it holds much weight. I can make an appeal to "British History, Culture and Tradition" to justify some of the darkest deeds committed by Britons throughout our history. The debate between "modernity" and "tradition" shouldn't be fought on the assumption that "tradition" is unchallengable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Podgeykins)
    How do the Labour Party of TSR feel about modernising the royal family?

Equality with inheritance, should we in a modern age have the moral authority to affectively change British History, Culture & Tradition?
    What's the point of modernizing it when we could just get rid of the disgraceful relic :mad: I value progress and fairness over a sentimentality towards how things have always been done.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Have the tsr labour party seen less applications to join since gordon brown took over leadership of the rl labour party?

ReputationRep:
    Have the tsr labour party seen less applications to join since gordon brown took over leadership of the rl labour party?
    No idea. I only took over in November. randdom or Jangrafess would probably have a better idea.
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Do the tsr labour party support rl labours promise to send more troops into afganistan?

ReputationRep:
    Do the tsr labour party support rl labours promise to send more troops into afganistan?
    Well I certainly don't. It's just a waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    May i ask why lotsofsnail's bill was submitted as a PMB? Was the party divided on it or did you not want the tories using it against you in the election?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.