Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Something related to that topic, not word-for-word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolagrantgrant)
    My teacher's predictions:

Decision making in central government
    Back Bench MP's or a question on the Whips has not come up since 2009 2010 (can't remember haha).
    Pressure groups (democracy)

Voting Systems particularly AMS, Party List

Africa Development
    Corrupt governments influencing development
    or
    Non- government - organisations

Health & Wealth Inequalities
    social and economical factors

Would party list be worth revising?? Confused cause others have said in this thread that they werent even taught it

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think party-list is a big thing to be honest. I mean, the most I know about the party list is that people can be elected from it without actually getting voted for and some parties try and get a good spot on the party list so they can appeal more to party diehard's than voters. We could always use the Linda Fabiani example if it does come up and all else fails.

ReputationRep:
    OK, my teacher's predictions:
    A1- Devolution, Scotland
    A4- PR(Most likely AMS)
    B5/6- Income and Health/Government Policies to reduce inequalities
    C9- American Dream

Sorry If these have been posted before but just wanted to get my teacher's predictions out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeeKeeDee)
    OK, my teacher's predictions:
    A1- Devolution, Scotland
    A4- PR(Most likely AMS)
    B5/6- Income and Health/Government Policies to reduce inequalities
    C9- American Dream

Sorry If these have been posted before but just wanted to get my teacher's predictions out there.
    Have you got any other ideas/predictions what else may come up in A1 decision making in Scotland? :P Struggling what else to revise for except for devolution.
    Thanks for your teachers predictions, massive help.!

ReputationRep:
    Hey these are what I think may come up. What do you guys think?

Decision Making In Central Government – 1B – I think something to do with Backbench as it only came up in 2009 or maybe something to do with pressure groups and are they good for democracy.
    Electoral Systems – 1D – Voting Systems. AMS as it hasn't come up since 2007
    USA - 3C – Ethnic minorities influence outcome of elections? Hasn't come up since 2007 I find this one to come up most likely. Powers of the president but include Supreme Court since last year it was only on Congress Or something along the lines of Ethnic inequalities?
    The Politics of Development in Africa – 3E – Maybe something to do with NGOs or maybe social and economic factors which affect development.

ReputationRep:
    Really worried about Scottish Politics, I find devolution questions really hard and last year was local councils so it looks like it'll be devolution this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unorthadox1080)
    Really worried about Scottish Politics, I find devolution questions really hard and last year was local councils so it looks like it'll be devolution this year!
    that mean its worth not looking at local councils than?

ReputationRep:
    Six days until the exam :eek: How is everyone organising their Health and Wealth notes? It's good that the same info can be used for a number of questions, but it's a bit confusing trying to organise it

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think Lord reforms (topical with Nick Clegg) or influence of Lords could come up for decision making in central government as it hasn't come up before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmissi)
    Six days until the exam :eek: How is everyone organising their Health and Wealth notes? It's good that the same info can be used for a number of questions, but it's a bit confusing trying to organise it
    I just have different headings eg. Lifestyle with job and lifestyle choices under it etc. with loads of examples of ill health from stressful low paid jobs then analysis on how this isnt always the case high paid jobs leads to ill health too for example the highly public Lawyer Paul McBride who was a QC and died aged 47 of a heart attack. Then have headings of poor housing etc with how this environment can affect health eg. asthma etc.

I'm panicing too everyone thinks six days is a long time but the Modies course is so big, the SQA could literally ask anything

ReputationRep:
    See the predictions for Health & Wealth essay, would anybody be able to tell me the essay questions they predict and not the broad topic sections in it? thanks.

ReputationRep:
    So what are your predictions for China, Health & wealth and section 1 of paper 1?

ReputationRep:
    Ideas for USA question similar to ethnic minorities importance in the political system?

ReputationRep:
    my teacher has predicted about 3/4 or 4/4 right the last few years. he's said

voting systems

Lifestyle/poverty on health
    government policy to reduce inequality (just pretty much a gender and race one, right?)

benefits/impact of immigration on the US
    influence of ethnic minorities on voting
    american dream (basically the same as immigration benefits but more focused on them than the country?)

BEE
    social and economic inequalities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahRH_)
    I just have different headings eg. Lifestyle with job and lifestyle choices under it etc. with loads of examples of ill health from stressful low paid jobs then analysis on how this isnt always the case high paid jobs leads to ill health too for example the highly public Lawyer Paul McBride who was a QC and died aged 47 of a heart attack. Then have headings of poor housing etc with how this environment can affect health eg. asthma etc.

I'm panicing too everyone thinks six days is a long time but the Modies course is so big, the SQA could literally ask anything
    I wouldn't worry if I were you - there is quite a lot to learn, but the number of questions that we could realistically be asked by the SQA is actually quite limited. The questions from the past 6 years or so have all been relatively similar, so if you've managed to acquaint yourself with them, then this year's paper shouldn't be too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoGeddes)

voting systems

government policy to reduce inequality (just pretty much a gender and race one, right?)

american dream (basically the same as immigration benefits but more focused on them than the country?)

BEE

has your teacher made any specific predictions on what voting system it could possibly be? between Partylist, AMS and STV that is thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoGeddes)

voting systems

BEE
    What is meant by "benefits/impact of immigration on the US"? In my class the we only really looked at the impact and benefits on the immigrants themselves (for instance the social/economic inequalities that exist within the different ethnic groups and the achievement of the American Dream) rather than the effect of immigration on the country...

ReputationRep:
    My teacher and also my tutor predict this :

For DME they both think it could be on gay rights or drug abuse.
    For Africa my teacher thinks it may be piracy(like Somalia etc) as this has not came up since 2002, my tutor thought it may be violation on human rights such as witch craft and domestic abuse/male dominance.
    For South Africa my teacher thought it may be about racial inequalities amongst coloureds only as this hasnt appeared since 2005, my tutor thought though it may be about ANC.
    For voting systems my teacher thinks it may be about AMS and if it is better than Party List, my tutor agrees with my teachers predictions

Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    My teacher and also my tutor predict this :

For DME they both think it could be on gay rights or drug abuse.
    For Africa my teacher thinks it may be piracy(like Somalia etc) as this has not came up since 2002, my tutor thought it may be violation on human rights such as witch craft and domestic abuse/male dominance.
    For South Africa my teacher thought it may be about racial inequalities amongst coloureds only as this hasnt appeared since 2005, my tutor thought though it may be about ANC.
    For voting systems my teacher thinks it may be about AMS and if it is better than Party List, my tutor agrees with my teachers predictions

Hope this helps x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.