Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkinak)
    Had a chat with other people and the second question surely should be about Catiline's character and how he's presented? Since it is the first year this author has been set...

And I'm thinking maybe how he makes a certain part vivid or the speech persuasive I'm going to look over those tomorrow, I think.
    Those were the lines I was thinking along, I just worry that OCR may not be so obvious in this exam but as you say it is the first year with these texts so let's hope they really are that predictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkinak)
    Ah it asks me to sign into Outlook :/ don't worry about it, it's ok
    I'd advise just knowing as much of the AS list as you can, that's what I'm doing - there's lots of military vocab in there, so you can probably get by without learning anything extra

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binxgillam)
    I'd advise just knowing as much of the AS list as you can, that's what I'm doing - there's lots of military vocab in there, so you can probably get by without learning anything extra
    This has all the military vocab you'll ever need:

http://www.memrise.com/course/97902/...ilitary-terms/

ReputationRep:
    What I am most glad about is that my thread actually attracted people! I mean I didn't think people would be interested haha. Last push today guys!

ReputationRep:
    Well we have to stick together, there aren't many of us I'm interested to know if everybody is learning a translation of the prose? That's what I did with the verse, but for this I'm considering just learning sections that I could write about? What's everyone else doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tatters)
    Well we have to stick together, there aren't many of us I'm interested to know if everybody is learning a translation of the prose? That's what I did with the verse, but for this I'm considering just learning sections that I could write about? What's everyone else doing?
    thats what im doing, i found the prose too complicated to learn of by heart as my translation doesnt really make much sense haha, ive (sort of) learnt points and quotes but not feeling too confident about this exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sgr)
    thats what im doing, i found the prose too complicated to learn of by heart as my translation doesnt really make much sense haha, ive (sort of) learnt points and quotes but not feeling too confident about this exam!
    Ah thank god, I find it way too complicated too. Yeah it's so frustrating, I found section B of the verse easier than section A, but I think it will be the other way around with this one which set text are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Because we don't need to actually translate the prose in this exam I'm just reading it and becoming familiar with it and learning as many of the language point as possible. I have the Latin printed off then I am annotating it with all my notes and learning the annotations!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I have learnt the translation, but it is whats easiest for you. I find it hard to memorise literary points so I hope I can make some in the actual exam! Risky I know, especially with the time constraints!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently struggling though the Livy, and I'm trying to put together some sort of list of grammatical points to look out for. I can't seem to find much to include in my notes. Has anyone got any ideas of areas to look at which tend to be tricky, certain constructions/nuances?

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope our revision doesn't ' in inritum cadebant' to quote Tacitus.

ReputationRep:
    Let's do this!! We're nearly there!! Good luck everyone and don't get too nervous because it can't be as bad as the verse paper!!

ReputationRep:
    Let's do this!! We're nearly there!! Good luck everyone and don't get too nervous because it can't be as bad as the verse paper!!
    Prose has always been harder than verse! Not looking forward to this, hit a dead end in revision even though I need to do more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    Prose has always been harder than verse! Not looking forward to this, hit a dead end in revision even though I need to do more!
    It was meant to be motivational, you're ruining it!! Everyone knows prose is worse than verse but you don't need to say it!! :P

ReputationRep:
    It was meant to be motivational, you're ruining it!! Everyone knows prose is worse than verse but you don't need to say it!! :P
    I'm soo sorry noooooo, oh well good luck tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    I'm soo sorry noooooo, oh well good luck tomorrow!
    you too

ReputationRep:
    Salve fellow Latinists!

I know this is a bit late to join the thread but GOOD LUCK for tomorrow! I know I'm going to need it :bawling: Tacitus & Livy... eurgh! There really are no words to describe my feelings towards them, lol.

One last push and then we're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :dancing:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Carrying on the sentiments of good luck, for all of us! Just think, this time tomorrow it'll all be over.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing some last minute revision?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.