Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc Fiorano)
    Adam Cooper (@adamcooperf1) tweeted:
    I wonder if thats ever happened before (probably has).

ReputationRep:
    Showed that Force india could have been legitimately fighting for a podium had it not been for his puncture at the beginning.

Such a shame since Sutil is in my Fantasy F1 team and i was hoping for some decent points from him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Such a shame since Sutil is in my Fantasy F1 team and i was hoping for some decent points from him.
    Same :mad: It's been really annoying, he's been caught up in some incident or another in the last few races.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/Lotus_F1Team/sta...842497/photo/1

Lotus have someone hilarious on their twitter account.

Same :mad: It's been really annoying, he's been caught up in some incident or another in the last few races.
    Yea, true but i want to keep him since he's a good price and in a good car this year and could score decent points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Yea, true but i want to keep him since he's a good price and in a good car this year and could score decent points.
    Yeah he's a very good price.

Before the season started I had Bottas, who I thought was a bargain at the time, assuming Williams would (at the very least) carry on their form of last year if not improve further.

Such a shame the car didn't turn out well, even though in the unveiling photos it looked so aggressive.

ReputationRep:
    I have Force India as one of my teams, you can imagine my rage when the pit stops didn't go well the other weekend and then they retired

Ferrari have confirmed it was a mechanical breakage that caused Alonso's DRS failure.

ReputationRep:

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    So Pirelli are putting up a 2011 HRT car up for sale on eBay

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...p-for-auction/

I think I might just be able to afford this one, will put in a bid asap :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    So Pirelli are putting up a 2011 HRT car up for sale on eBay

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...p-for-auction/

I think I might just be able to afford this one, will put in a bid asap :mmm:
    :lol:

"Our marketing department said nobody seems to want to use it."

(Original post by F1Addict)
    :awesome:
    There were a few of these on Sky Sports F1 when it first started broadcasting. If I'm not wrong*, I've been in that garage.

*Depends when this was filmed as they have since moved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    :lol:

"Our marketing department said nobody seems to want to use it."
    Haha that made me chuckle too, oh poor HRT. The way they left just seems very weird to me. One minute they're spending a huge amount relocating to a new 'permanent' headquarters in Madrid, then soon after they seize to exist completely.

There were a few of these on Sky Sports F1 when it first started broadcasting. If I'm not wrong*, I've been in that garage.

Oh yeah I remember you told us about it a while ago, your work place sponsored them or something like that right?

ReputationRep:
    Haha that made me chuckle too, oh poor HRT. The way they left just seems very weird to me. One minute they're spending a huge amount relocating to a new 'permanent' headquarters in Madrid, then soon after they seize to exist completely.

Oh yeah I remember you told us about it a while ago, your work place sponsored them or something like that right?
    It's a shame they never got that going really. Would have been nice to see them make some progress.

You have a good memory sir!

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame they never got that going really. Would have been nice to see them make some progress.

You have a good memory sir!
    I try :smartass:

For those who might be interested, you can race in F1 simulators at this place near Gatwick (http://www.letsrace.co.uk/)

Max Chilton is doing thing 'Chase Chilton' competition where he sets a fastest lap on each of the 2013 GP tracks and then anybody can come along to try to beat it. So far there have been a few who have! Not too expensive either, £35 for 30 mins or £25 during off-peak times.

ReputationRep:

For those who might be interested, you can race in F1 simulators at this place near Gatwick (http://www.letsrace.co.uk/)

Max Chilton is doing thing 'Chase Chilton' competition where he sets a fastest lap on each of the 2013 GP tracks and then anybody can come along to try to beat it. So far there have been a few who have! Not too expensive either, £35 for 30 mins or £25 during off-peak times.
    That looks awesome.

I'm so sure I could beat him round Suzuka. :yep: I love that circuit. There's never been a racing game where I'm not quick on it.

ReputationRep:
    That looks awesome.

I'm so sure I could beat him round Suzuka. :yep: I love that circuit. There's never been a racing game where I'm not quick on it.
    Looks totally awesome :yep: and surprised by how affordable it is.

I might just give it a go over the summer holidays, will take about 2 hours to get there but worth it imo.

Suzuka is awesome but my problem has always been consistency around there. My fastest lap can be super fast but difficult to maintain it (especially the last chicane). Plus I think that track shows out the greedy drivers, really punishes those who like late-braking like at the Degner curve (turn 8 I think).

The AI on the Codemasters game are really slow on that track though so I'm unsure if I'm genuinely fast round there or just flattered by the slow AI.

My track would probably be Singapore, can go on for hours around there :sogood:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

That's awesome, the tracks I would go for would be Monaco, Singapore, Suzuka and possibly Malaysia.

ReputationRep:
    Looks totally awesome :yep: and surprised by how affordable it is.

I might just give it a go over the summer holidays, will take about 2 hours to get there but worth it imo.

Suzuka is awesome but my problem has always been consistency around there. My fastest lap can be super fast but difficult to maintain it (especially the last chicane). Plus I think that track shows out the greedy drivers, really punishes those who like late-braking like at the Degner curve (turn 8 I think).

The AI on the Codemasters game are really slow on that track though so I'm unsure if I'm genuinely fast round there or just flattered by the slow AI.

My track would probably be Singapore, can go on for hours around there :sogood:
    Aye, bit far to go for me I think.

The degners I'm fine with. Real late braking, one shift down, turn in super early. It's spoon that I find the hardest to judge. Tightens, opens, tightens again. It's a real technical corner.

Try you hand on the online leaderboards. If you're in the top 10%, you're quick enough (considering most above that use bugged setups / other glitches).

I'm almost as useless as Karthikayen at Singapore! :lol: I can never get a good rhythm going.

ReputationRep:

http://regenology.co.uk/news/2013/03...rmula-1-car-b/
    Says here they were filmed for the 2013 season, so the ones initally shown on Sky F1 may have been different.. :dontknow: Thats pretty awesome if you've been in that garage, even if its a similar one. :cool:

That is pretty awesome. Definitely considering giving that a go in the summer. Will have to fire up rFactor again to get some practice in at home.

The degners I'm fine with. Real late braking, one shift down, turn in super early. It's spoon that I find the hardest to judge. Tightens, opens, tightens again. It's a real technical corner.
    I'm the same. The degner curves are fine once you get a good rhythm through there. Its amazing how much speed you can take through degner 2! Spoon is horrible. I can usually get through it fairly quickly, but it never goes as planned. Its so difficult to be consistent through there. The main problem is there isn't really a clear reference point for braking as the Suzuka tracks I've played on don't include braking markers.. :/

I'd probably go for one of Spa, Silverstone, Suzuka, Singapore, Monaco and Interlagos. Monaco and Suzuka would be my best tracks though. I've spent quite a lot time on those two

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/04/2...-nordschleife/

:woo: Hoping that he pushes more than Heidfeld did in the BMW Sauber.. I'm not going to get my hopes up though. If they did an onboard video of the lap (regardless of the lap time) it would be simply amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    That's awesome, the tracks I would go for would be Monaco, Singapore, Suzuka and possibly Malaysia.
    I can never crack Monaco, I just find it too squeezed and cramped. I look at the track in the game and some corners are definitely more narrow than in real life as the drivers are able to take such better lines. That track is quite glitchy on PS3 as well, frame rate all over the place at times.

Malaysia is a great track, really technical in its braking :yep: If you just mess up on corner though the rhythm totally messes up for the entire lap.

Aye, bit far to go for me I think.

Try you hand on the online leaderboards. If you're in the top 10%, you're quick enough (considering most above that use bugged setups / other glitches).

I'm almost as useless as Karthikayen at Singapore! :lol: I can never get a good rhythm going.
    Spoon is very tricky. No matter what setup I use it just seems the car never has traction round there, plus it has sooo much understeer. You just want to straighten the car up and step on the power but have to wait an age!

(Original post by F1Addict)
    That is pretty awesome. Definitely considering giving that a go in the summer. Will have to fire up rFactor again to get some practice in at home.

I'd probably go for one of Spa, Silverstone, Suzuka, Singapore, Monaco and Interlagos. Monaco and Suzuka would be my best tracks though. I've spent quite a lot time on those two
    rFactor :yep: best thing to get used to the (lack of) traction in a F1 car.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/04/2...-nordschleife/

:woo: Hoping that he pushes more than Heidfeld did in the BMW Sauber.. I'm not going to get my hopes up though. If they did an onboard video of the lap (regardless of the lap time) it would be simply amazing.
    It's going to be epic :sogood:

ReputationRep:

Bit far away from me!

But I do remember a few years back, at some motorshow, Ford's WRC team were there and had a rally simulator set up. Matthew Wilson set a time and the challenge was for someone to beat it. I managed it...but still only came 2nd overall.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I can never crack Monaco, I just find it too squeezed and cramped. I look at the track in the game and some corners are definitely more narrow than in real life as the drivers are able to take such better lines. That track is quite glitchy on PS3 as well, frame rate all over the place at times.

Malaysia is a great track, really technical in its braking :yep: If you just mess up on corner though the rhythm totally messes up for the entire lap.

I don't have the F1 game, but I play alot of GT5. I enjoy the races on there though, suzuka seems fairly consistent with the real life track. I race slower cars like Mitsibushi Lancer's and I love getting so early on the the throttle and clipping the outside kerb just as you go under the bridge (the cross over point before the end of sector 1.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.