ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    I personally think that the red hand looks a bit brighter than the green hand, making it look like every single person has had at least one neg rep, when they reply
    This. Every single post I have looked at today has looked like it has been neg repped. That red really sticks out

It looks far too childish now...
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tinkertailor)
    What's wrong with Cbeebies, it's my favourite channel!

Personally I don't mind this new design. Usually I'm the first to complain when a site is redisgned like the BBC website and Digital Spy.
    Nothing is wrong with Cbeebies as it's designed at its target audience of young children. TSR's audience is predominately students, hence the name 'The Student Room', I guess that the ages 16 to 24 are a fair chunk of the users here. It makes sense to design the site for them not someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam')
    Feels extremely childish.

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
    It's too cartoony I prefer the old design and by that I mean the one before last
    I agree with this. Please stop changing the design, there's no need. I preferred the way the font looked before too, it was just a bit clearer.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    WTF is up with the bright colours (even brighter on the 'go advanced' button) and random images, looks like a website for kids... I don't like the narrow font either. The default avatar should also be changed back to what it was before or nothing. The hyperlinks on the side widgets should be less blurry and perhaps slightly darker or bold, and the same for new narrow font. It's not "strong" enough.

Please keep this forum for ages 13+ and make a separate website for kids!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like change!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    The thing is, even if we do protest and even if 90% of the members are against it, the developers won't do anything about it. They seem to value the opinions of moderators and their community staff more, than the TSR members themselves! They should run beta's because this site has many users and then gather feedback.

I'm not against mods or the community staff, but they should include everyone when making the decision.
    If they do not listen to us; then we will make them listen. If they ignore us; then a great exodus shall befall this forum.

We will protest on Twitter; we will protest on Facebook; and nowhere - yes, indeed, nowhere - shall be safe from our protests.

They will feel our anger; they will feel our resolve.

Students unite; students fight!

Make your voice be heard - and never surrender!

ReputationRep:
    Have I been kidnapped and thrown into TNR (The Nursery Room)? What the hell were you guys thinking? :lolwut: :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    I can't say if we will be implementing any of your changes as they do go against the designs we had created, but it's great you're able to continue to make the site more to your own tastes. Everyone's views are different so whatever the design, we'd have some liking it more than others. That said, we are taking on board feedback like always, but today has been more about reading it, responding to some posts and recording what people are saying. I can't say what, if any, adjustments might be made as no decisions have yet been taken.

With the rep gems, we have a whole range of gem colours like before ranging from various red and green ones, to grey. Yellow would for if/when anyone gets more than 10 positive green gems (like in the old style rep system) and we might even still have a blue one for if someone has exactly 0 rep points.
    Hey,

I noticed one issue with the changes............ when your looking at posts with quotes, theres no link to go back to the original post.

Also I kinda agree with the other user......... I particularly have an issue with the colours, they seem way too light, not bold and strong enough.

ReputationRep:
    I think the "meet the community" thing on the home page is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    God sake TSR, does the phrase don't fix it when it isn't broken not mean anything to you.

Are you guys seriously that bored. This is becoming an annual event. The interface was perfectly fine as was like a few years ago before you started your pathetic 'evolution' or whatever you call it.

I'm sure you think that doing it would make it more appealling and make users likely to stay etc. But I promise you, convince yourself of any reason you want to justify it, but at the end of the day, and I promise you this, it is quackery. IT MAKES NO BLOODY DIFFERENCE

ReputationRep:
    Well the main thing that is most annoying is the font and the indent - it seriously makes it so hard to read. And there is no way people will get used to this.

ReputationRep:
    S T O P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    God sake TSR, does the phrase don't fix it when it isn't broken not mean anything to you.

Are you guys seriously that bored. This is becoming an annual event. The interface was perfectly fine as was like a few years ago before you started your pathetic 'evolution' or whatever you call it.

I'm sure you think that doing it would make it more appealling and make users likely to stay etc. But I promise you convince yourself or any reason you want to justify it, but at the end of the day, and I promise you this, it is quackery. IT MAKES NO BLOODY DIFFERENCE
    Well said. They are fixing problems that don't exist (messing with the fonts and symbols) and not fixing really serious problems - irritating site annoyances, regular crashes in links to articles, broken links, annoying structure of neg/pos rules, domination of debate threads by tiny minority of serially posting extremists, etc, etc, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Hey,

I noticed one issue with the changes............ when your looking at posts with quotes, theres no link to go back to the original post.

Also I kinda agree with the other user......... I particularly have an issue with the colours, they seem way too light, not bold and strong enough.
    There is a link. It's just that now you have to click the poster's name rather than the "Originally Posted" part of the quote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waterstorm)
    Well the main thing that is most annoying is the font and the indent - it seriously makes it so hard to read. And there is no way people will get used to this.
    The new font on the front page listings is particularly aggravating to the eye in the Watched Threads section, because a lot of the blue headline text is close together down there and the font doesn't work well for blue, I think there is either some dithering or they just haven't thought through how that looks on some browsers. It looks a little better on my (android) smartphone but it's pretty dismal in different screen size settings on both Mac and PC in Chrome, Safari and Firefox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabzqt)
    I don't like change!
    Things change; just look at traffic lights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Things change; just look at traffic lights.
    Traffic lights have a purpose for changing........

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to be a **** about it, but can there please be a way to change skins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Jack)
    Attachment 210168
    Dude, you've got a private message. You should probably read that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.