Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to choose between SR OR LR AD/AS diagrams?
    I always just use LR is it wrong? Only been taught that one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what topics are you guys concentrating on right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurdabora)
    Do we have to choose between SR OR LR AD/AS diagrams?
    I always just use LR is it wrong? Only been taught that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They can both show the same things, so it's not wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna go and set up shop early now. Good luck to you all.
    Remember: direct your anger from unit 1 at this paper!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone!! Eat a banana before the exam:banana:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!!!!!
    i feel a lot more prepared for this exam!!

ReputationRep:
    For as/ad graph I put price level and real GDP but mark scheme show output level is it wrong to put real gdp

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For as/ad graph I put price level and real GDP but mark scheme show output level is it wrong to put real gdp

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My x axis is usually real output and y axis is the price level. I am not sure if real GDP is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack_Smith)
    My x axis is usually real output and y axis is the price level. I am not sure if real GDP is wrong.
    I think I will just change it real output better safe than sorry.

And when questions ask for as/ad diagram do you tend to shift both the as and ad or only one of the curves?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I will just change it real output better safe than sorry.

And when questions ask for as/ad diagram do you tend to shift both the as and ad or only one of the curves?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it depends on the scenario. If a component of AD changes then I would shift AD. Although, if investment increased I would shift both AD and AS to the right. For a supply side policy such as education and training I would shift both AD and AS.

ReputationRep:
    guys how does investment shift AD AND AS
    how can it be seen as a supply side policy also?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    First of all, Investment is a component of AD so increases AD. Investment in capital goods increases efficiency of a firm which increases output so an increase in AS.
    Its not a supply side policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineedtorevise127)
    Investment is a component of AD (around 20% of it) so a increase in investment will lead to a increase so AD-shift to the right. Investment is when firms spend on capital goods so in the long run they will be able to increase productivity shifting AS. Supply side polices are used to increase AS. You can say the government can give subsidies to firms to invest and increase AS and the eval will be opp cost as well as the fact the firm may keep the money but not use it for investment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends on the scenario. If a component of AD changes then I would shift AD. Although, if investment increased I would shift both AD and AS to the right. For a supply side policy such as education and training I would shift both AD and AS.
    Thanks for all the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats alright. Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thats alright. Good luck!!!

we meet again hahaa good luck! and hopefully choose right question this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mesutozil)
    we meet again hahaa good luck! and hopefully choose right question this time
    lool are you resitting this again too?
    Thank you and yes I know to go for the policy questions now! Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me if this makes sense...

Although in the short-run an expansionary fiscal policy will stimulate AD, in the long-run the government will raise taxes in order to pay back the national debts that it incurred whilst running a budget deficit. Therefore, living standards could fall in the long-run.

ReputationRep:
    it wont be on anything to do with monetary or fiscal policy, that was in the 2013 jan paper so most likely BOP or inflation

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.