Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aislingh94)
    I have an interview in MMU on the 10th of april for B160 , any advice on questions or topics they will ask? has anyone else done an interview there? Nervous!!
    Hi . For physio yeah? That's so late! Must be awful for you waiting so long! I have just realised it's past the 10th now! But how did it go?? . I had one in December and was way more nervous than I expected to be!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing Computing with Foundation Year?

ReputationRep:
    I firmed my unconditional at Man Met last Friday. I still haven't received a welcome letter from them either through the post or by email...

For those in the same position, how long did it take until you heard from the university?

I'm not really bothered about the letter itself, it's just that it will contain my MMU ID number, which I need to have so I can apply for my accommodation...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently at college doing a-levels and will be applying for universities in a few months. I really wanted to go to The University Of Manchester, however since getting the prospectus have found out they don't do Primary Education there, so I am now considering applying for MMU instead (Didsbury). I have tried to find reviews from students that study/studied at MMU doing Primary Education but i'm struggling to find much information, and the only ones I have found all appear to be quite brief/negative or from a few years ago so not really up to date!

If you're currently studying at MMU doing primary education/previously studied/know somebody that is, I would really appreciate you letting me know your honest opinion on the course and also the university in itself. How many hours a week do you spend in lectures? Do you find the course interesting/What kind of things are you currently learning? How many people are on your course/what are they like? What is your accommodation like? Are you glad you chose to study at MMU or do you wish you went somewhere else/did a different course etc? And just anything else in general you think is helpful!

I am attending the open day in summer so hopefully i will find out a lot more information then, however it would be nice to get some opinions before hand!

Thanks in advance!
    Amy :-)

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for Fashion design andam trying to decide between Manchester Met and Nottingham Trent. I have no idea which to pick so if anyone can help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJP)
    Anyone doing Computing with Foundation Year?
    I'm doing software engineering with a foundation year so well be on the same course first year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephhendersonx)
    ​Just out of curiosity, has anyone else applied to study Biology?
    Struggled to find anyone so far which surprised me, but I have a conditional offer and have applied for Briarfields Hall, just wondering if anyone else is similar :-)
    I've had a conditional as well and will be firming it as my first choice this week! Thought i might've ended up being the only one haha

ReputationRep:
    I thought I would post this for anyone who has/ or thinking about firming Psychology at Manchester Metropolitan. I thought it would be a good idea to make new friends before starting the course :-) See you all there!

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview on Wednesday for Photography and I was wondering how long MMU take to make a decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren_t)
    Got an interview on Wednesday for Photography and I was wondering how long MMU take to make a decision?
    Took around 10 days for me after my Graphic Design interview

ReputationRep:
    Had a tough time picking but I declined MMU in the end. Good luck with your studies in MMU everybody

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleniii)
    Received a conditional offer for Creative Writing, haven't come across anyone on here who's doing the same course yet! Enlighten me!

Seems like everyone I know is doing creative writing! Want some people to do English Lit like me hahaa!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing English Lit and is older than 18?? xx

ReputationRep:
    Firmed MMU last week for Business Economics. Anyone else wanting to study the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the law foundation year this sept

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in college at the moment too and I looked at doing Primary Education but I'm sticking to English Lit then doing a PGCE. However, I spoke to a friend that is doing it and she said that it's extremely hard work and you really need to love working with young children (obviously). You do a lot of placements too and need to build up your experience profile, also have an interest in a wide range of subjects as you learn about them all to be able to teach them. It is apparently a degree that is always open in clearing too, so I assume it isn't extremely popular.

I know this isn't much help but hope it gives you some insight. You're best off calling round the universities though.

Ella. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren_t)
    i knew by the next day

ReputationRep:
    MMU is my second choice- Forensic biology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Finally remembered my password... Yes!

I'm doing this course, starting in September. Went to the applicant and enjoyed it. Not yet decided if I'm going accommodation or staying at home(15-20miles away).

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Just wondering is anyone else going to be studying dental technology?

And planning to live at Oxford Court? Anyone else thinking the same?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.