Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHateRevisionOK?)
    The definition for Stratified sampling I have is:

"Interviewing only those with a key characteristic for the sample. For example, Olay might only interview women aged 30 to 45 as they are key potential buyers."

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really hope that's right, did u get that from a book ? I have two books and one says that but he other says once the subsections have have been interviews will be conducted picking people from each subsection and the amount of people interviewed reflects the portion of then entire population ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skaterkid)
    could you give the formula for the total contribution question?
    I think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samboJ)
    That's pretty cool! I do AQA German and I thought it was quite hard. I'm not very good at that.
    Same. I thought it was pretty hard, sometimes I regret taking it but I am either dropping Business or German.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qazqwe12)
    I really hope that's right, did u get that from a book ? I have two books and one says that but he other says once the subsections have have been interviews will be conducted picking people from each subsection and the amount of people interviewed reflects the portion of then entire population ..
    I swear the definition varies. I learnt randomly sampled from people who share common characteristics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernatural17)
    I swear the definition varies. I learnt randomly sampled from people who share common characteristics.
    I thought it does too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samboJ)
    I thought it does too.
    The variation really annoys me because I am never sure whether an examiner would give you a mark if the definition was correct, despite whethet they were looking for a specific one.

ReputationRep:
    I learnt random sampling and when everyone from every subsection has an equal chance of being chosen. Sampling is so poorly defined in all the books! The definition does varie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qazqwe12)
    I learnt random sampling and when everyone from every subsection has an equal chance of being chosen. Sampling is so poorly defined in all the books! The definition does varie
    I just learnt that everyone has an equal chance of being chosen

ReputationRep:
    Stratified sampling I put: The sample is a proportional representation of the target population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarmu)
    Stratified sampling I put: The sample is a proportional representation of the target population.
    So what did u put as the benefit ?

ReputationRep:
    It was only 4000 people out of half a million (the target market) so it under-represents your target market.

ReputationRep:
    If I put 1 argument for and 1 argument against and a good evaluation, would I still get ok marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolgirl1999)
    If I put 1 argument for and 1 argument against and a good evaluation, would I still get ok marks?
    yes, if your evaluation was good (5 marks) and your 2 arguments were good (4-5 marks each) then you've covered all 15 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Buss will probably be the decider.

ReputationRep:
    I said a stratified sample was one where people were randomly chosen from within a sub group.

For demand I wrote 'The amount of people that would be willing to buy a product at a given price' however I have no idea if this is right as never learnt a definition for it when revising!

ReputationRep:
    On the stratified sampling question would you still get definition marks if you designed primary market research instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jones2596)
    I said a stratified sample was one where people were randomly chosen from within a sub group.<br />
    <br />
    For demand I wrote 'The amount of people that would be willing to buy a product at a given price' however I have no idea if this is right as never learnt a definition for it when revising!
    <br />
    <br />
    I agree and did not learn a definition because i was unaware it was necessary!

ReputationRep:
    On the stratified sampling question would you still get definition marks if you designed primary market research instead?
    They usually allow marks to be offered to either words when there is two that can be defined like in that question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope so. I defined primary market research because I didn't know the meaning of stratified sampling...should've gone over it beforehand :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I hate that the stuff you forget to go over always comes up. always.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.