Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBlueBox)
    Thanks man!
    Just phoned now, I've phoned like 3 times in the past 3 days and got 3 different answers haha xD

First time yesterday - told it should change within the day.
    Second time yesterday - can take a few days, even to monday.

Just now - Keep checking, and if it's not changed by 2PM phone again and he'll pass me on to the admission office.
    I called mine like 8 times and spoke to alot of different people, but nothing happened. People have given some good advice on this thread. I called back again and this time asked to speak to their supervisor and my issue was resolved immediately!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thatstudentdude)
    You're Reading aswell aren't you? I remember!

Well the lady on the phone told me I have until the 31st August to get the rest of my CRB evidence in. I posted them earlier today and paid for next day delivery. I'm just worried that the longer it takes, will that mean I'm less likely to get into accomodation in the halls since I may well be one of the last to have my conditional changed to an unconditional?!
    Yes
    Well I scanned and re-sent all of my documents they already had yesterday, so there shouldn't be a problem. I'm gonna ring them again this morning as it still hasn't changed.
    Hopefully we hear something soon..

Edit: Spoke to someone on the phone who said their files are processing, so fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    Feeling sick to my stomach now!

been waiting three days for a simple answer from Uni of Birmingham.... Mature student so I'm on a slightly different time scale..

Had misinformation from the uni weeks ago.. saying that my GCSE's and A'levels should be "on the system"... but I found out two days ago that they do actually want to see them physically, as it's been like 16 years since i took them i no longer know where the certificates are... replacements will cost me £500 and months of delay.
    what it comes down to is if they don't agree to letting me start the course without them.. or maybe just get my a-level ones.. then i'm going to have to defer entry

this is after spending months sorting things like childcare...

i've been phoning every day and been promised three times that we will get it resolved today..

l've had about 2 hours sleep and one proper meal in three days

i got good results this on my Open university course this year for access.. and thought after i got my results i could relax... but i'm so stressed again now i could cry

In limbo till they manage to talk to the manager!!

Elly
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deavinj)
    Cool, What course are you doing? The woman on the phone said that it's happening to a lot of students today, something about certain departments not being able to process the results in time because of the hack last night? Meh, I just feel sick where I'm so nervous! If you've met your criteria you should be fine
    Should be doing the engineering foundation course, with a view to ace-ing it and getting onto the Physics program as an undergrad the year after..

it's a longterm plan..but hey

ReputationRep:
    Just had a phone call from the tutor of the course just checking up, and I asked If I defiantly had a place, and he said yes! He said just keep checking UCAS and ring the admissions if it doesn't change by 2PM

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody give me some advice? I met my AAA offer for Bath but my offer also required an A in maths GCSE but I only achieved a B. my place is still stating conditional. What do you guys think? Do you think they'll turn me down for my GCSE grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    I called mine like 8 times and spoke to alot of different people, but nothing happened. People have given some good advice on this thread. I called back again and this time asked to speak to their supervisor and my issue was resolved immediately!

(Original post by iBlueBox)
    Just had a phone call from the tutor of the course just checking up, and I asked If I defiantly had a place, and he said yes! He said just keep checking UCAS and ring the admissions if it doesn't change by 2PM
    :party:

Congrats to both of you for getting an answer

The poor staff answering the phones are 90% temp staff and students who've had maybe a days training at most - they're there to filter the phone calls more than anything...it's hard to blame anyone in that situation telling yet another student to bog off and keep checking track.

It isn't their fault that some of the calls they get are beyond what they've been trained for - the trick is to ask to speak to their manager and give them the opportunity to hand you over to someone who can sort stuff out
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCat94)
    Can anybody give me some advice? I met my AAA offer for Bath but my offer also required an A in maths GCSE but I only achieved a B. my place is still stating conditional. What do you guys think? Do you think they'll turn me down for my GCSE grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should ring them up and ask them - they might be waiting until next week to see if you've still got another GCSE attempt result to come. If you've got your grade already then you might need to prompt them to make a decision.

(congrats on the grades btw they're brilliant! If Bath do turn you down because of your GCSE then they're muppets and I doubt you'll have any trouble finding an amazing place somewhere else!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Yes. If you want them to take you, this will show interest and encourage them to put you up their list. If you want to be rejected and get into Clearing, you can ask them to do this ASAP.
    I would like some advice regarding how I should talk to my CF about this as I'm in a similar situation (I met my CI offer which is a grade lower than my CF offer, so basically I near-miss my CF by a grade in a less important subject but they've not accepted/rejected me yet). thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You should ring them up and ask them - they might be waiting until next week to see if you've still got another GCSE attempt result to come. If you've got your grade already then you might need to prompt them to make a decision.

(congrats on the grades btw they're brilliant! If Bath do turn you down because of your GCSE then they're muppets and I doubt you'll have any trouble finding an amazing place somewhere else!)
    Thanks so much, I alerted them that my grade B is my final grade and that I'm not expecting a result next week, the admissions woman said she will discuss it with a tutor but I kinda wanted to do it myself, I feel like she won't give much of an effort to argue for me (and why should she)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetransitionary)
    My firm (Durham) still hasn't updated but I've got an unconditional from my insurance (St. Andrews). The Durham offer was AAA and the St. Andrews offer AAB; I got A*BB. I've tried ringing Durham but it's impossible to get through. What should I do?
    Don't know if anyone has replied to yet but I am in the same situation at Durham but my offer was A*AA and I got AAA. I rang them over 200 times yesterday and they were constantly engaged so because I live close I drove to the uni and asked them in person. A lecturer told me that all of the near misses at Durham have gone to a committee who decide who gets in and who doesn't and this could take up until next week. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens but at least you have an unconditional for your insurance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woody62)
    Well done - what course if you don't mind me asking?
    Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thetransitionary)
    Computer Science
    I've realised since I replied that you were accepted by Durham! Did you manage to speak to anyone or did they just update track? I'm still waiting on them to decide, it's so frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by velvetfeet)
    Should be doing the engineering foundation course, with a view to ace-ing it and getting onto the Physics program as an undergrad the year after..

it's a longterm plan..but hey

The same as me then! Except I want to go on to do civil it must also have something do to with the department dragging their feet too, I haven't seen anyone else on here get accepted onto the foundation engineering course :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banks11)
    I've realised since I replied that you were accepted by Durham! Did you manage to speak to anyone or did they just update track? I'm still waiting on them to decide, it's so frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got through to them on the phone and they just told me to wait for track to update, which it did at about 7 last night

ReputationRep:
    Got in touch with Staffs just to make sure they knew i wanted the place on the course, They took a note of my personal ID, and said if Bolton haven't released me by tonight contact them and they'll get in touch with the Uni.

Anyway off to work know, stressed as hell -.-

ReputationRep:
    Anyone found Edinburgh still hasn't updated?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deavinj)
    The same as me then! Except I want to go on to do civil it must also have something do to with the department dragging their feet too, I haven't seen anyone else on here get accepted onto the foundation engineering course :/
    YEY...looks like a fun course, lovely gateway, especially for folks with non-standard qualifications etc

just for ...well i don't know why, i checked on clearing and there were H100 places showing as available on the telegraph site yesterday...

but it almost helps to know i'm not the only one from that course pulling out my hair...lol

Good luck and i hope you hear today... i plan on phoning again this afternoon to chase if i hadn't heard anything....don't think i'd survive the weekend on tentahooks!

Elly
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam020)
    Still haven't got a reply from Kent, hoping that is good news because they said I'm still being considered.
    what did you apply to do!? im still waiting too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amieeallen)
    what did you apply to do!? im still waiting too
    Pharmacy, but I messed up my exams and got BCC, so they said they are still considering it. You?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.