Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfredChin)
    do u know how the sliding scale thing works with examination grades and ukcat? im really worried...
    Not really, all I know is they are very UKCAT and anything over 700 is in their ballpark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelot92)
    i got 725 but 10A* at GCSE, FSMQ A, should i be worried about a ****ty ukcat???
    Lol! I got 720 and 10A*! I'm really worried :L just mathematically 30+ (increase in average this year) 695 (last years average for kings) is 725 ... So you should be fine

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    Lol! I got 720 and 10A*! I'm really worried :L just mathematically 30+ (increase in average this year) 695 (last years average for kings) is 725 ... So you should be fine

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Do you mean that last year minimum average to King's was 695?
    Or did you mean last year average to King's was 695?
    As it makes a "little" difference

ReputationRep:
    Minimum UKCAT Average, KCL even state it on their own web site, see text below and last sentence:

UKCAT scores
    Your UKCAT scores will be considered in our selection for interview. They will not be the sole indicator for selection. They will be balanced against achievement in other areas, in particular your academic performance to date. All indicators will be considered together in deciding who will be selected for interview. It is therefore important to understand that there is no universal 'cut off' score for the UKCAT when applying for 2014 entry. For example, if an applicant has an excellent academic background then the test scores will play a less significant part in selection. For those with weaker academic backgrounds (relative to our overall applicant pool), the scores will become more important. An applicant who may not normally be considered on academic grounds could be invited to interview on the strength of strong UKCAT scores that may indicate potential. Also, if applicants are very similar in all other ways, the score may be the determining factor in selection for interview. As a guide for applicants, for 2012/3 entry, most applicants invited for interview had scored at least 695.

ReputationRep:
    But to be strict it says "most" not all so not an absolute minimum and candidates with lower UKCAT scores can still get interviews if they have strong credentials elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone received their confirmation emails, saying that kings have got your application? Still haven't got mine :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perfect Choice)
    But to be strict it says "most" not all so not an absolute minimum and candidates with lower UKCAT scores can still get interviews if they have strong credentials elsewhere.
    I know someone who got in last year with 6A* and 685 UKCAT so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Most applicants - not everybody. UKCAT - Verbal Reasoning xD
    They really like this test.

And I passed the finals of my Healthcare Laboratory Worker diploma with 91% Yeah!

ReputationRep:
    has anybody got interview invites? when do they send the inivites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ocelot92)
    has anybody got interview invites? when do they send the inivites?
    No one until Kings gets our UKCAT in early November I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really worried about the ukcat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minnerz)
    Really worried about the ukcat

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why, what did you get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    755 but the cut-off has gone up a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    755 but the cut-off has gone up a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile

are you grad or undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    Undergrad A100

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Undergrad A100

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry u probably wont make it for interview your ukcat is too low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loiks94)
    sorry u probably wont make it for interview your ukcat is too low
    I seriously hope you are trolling, because your UKCAT is stupidly good and should be fine for an interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loiks94)
    no anything below 800 wont get you an interview this year i'm afraid i called them up yesterday.
    That's utter tripe. They don't even impose a strict UKCAT cut - off. For school leavers at least, it always works on a sliding scale between GCSEs and the UKCAT. The average did go up this year, but not by 200 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cephalosporin)
    That's utter tripe. They don't even impose a strict UKCAT cut - off. For school leavers at least, it always works on a sliding scale between GCSEs and the UKCAT. The average did go up this year, but not by 200 points.

Yea wtf he's definitely trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Haha its obvious he's trolling! How do people not see that :troll:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.