Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I have decided to apply here as well.
    Just a quick question, will they count General studies A2 predicted in their tariff?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.
    I'm a graduate but looking at applying to the 5 year programme. Just read this:

'Graduate applicants are ranked on UKCAT scores alone. The top and bottomUKCAT scores that received offers this year was 3,310 and 2,680 respectively. '

Would a UKCAT score of 2490 be too risky?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slsam)
    Hi all.

'Graduate applicants are ranked on UKCAT scores alone. The top and bottomUKCAT scores that received offers this year was 3,310 and 2,680 respectively. '

I wouldn't risk applying. Considering the general consensus on TSR that UKCAT scores will go up this year, the bottom UKCAT score to be interviewed/receive an offer will most likely be greater than 2680. They would reject the applicants with scores below this lowest score.

Hey all, going to be applying here too Just to confirm, is it a 50/50 weighting on UCAS Tariffs and UKCAT? I've only got A levels to go on so hope they're enough (I play guitar and piano for fun, not for grade 8 crazy tariff points hope I'm not the only one in this situation)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by PG593)
      Hey all, going to be applying here too Just to confirm, is it a 50/50 weighting on UCAS Tariffs and UKCAT? I've only got A levels to go on so hope they're enough (I play guitar and piano for fun, not for grade 8 crazy tariff points hope I'm not the only one in this situation)
      yeah hows your ukcat and ucas tariff?

ReputationRep:
      Hey guys, QUEEN mary is my first choice uni and I have 520 ucas tariff and 677.5 ukcat. Am I like 100% not going to get an interview?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by strawberryfeet)
      Hey guys, QUEEN mary is my first choice uni and I have 520 ucas tariff and 677.5 ukcat. Am I like 100% not going to get an interview?
      It's worth applying. You'd absolutely not be written off.

(Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
        yeah hows your ukcat and ucas tariff?
        UCAS tariff for me is 620, UKCAT is 740. How about you?
        • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Slsam)
        Hi all.

I'd say so. The UKCAT cutoff is unlikely to go down (with the fee change issues it can be hard to predict, but likely any effect will have happened already). Maybe look at less UKCAT heavy 5-year programmes. Are you considering taking the BMAT?

ReputationRep:
        I'm an international applicant applying to Barts this UCAS cycle. I've completed my AS, with 5A's, and am predicted A*s for all five, giving me tariff points of around 700 ish? However, my UKCAT score isn't much to be happy about (2510).
        Is Barts sensible? I'm having second thoughts :s

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by PG593)
        me too! I'm doing 5 A-levels so that I can keep my UCAS tariff up for Barts!

(Original post by tamil4)
          Biggest respect for you It may be difficult but if you manage your time well, no reason why you can't excel in them all

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by PG593)
          UCAS tariff for me is 620, UKCAT is 740. How about you?
          UCAS tariff 690 and UKCAT 743 hopefully we'll get called for an interview at least!! really like barts!!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by tamil4)
          how many tariff points do you have?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by raspbewwies)
          I'm an international applicant applying to Barts this UCAS cycle. I've completed my AS, with 5A's, and am predicted A*s for all five, giving me tariff points of around 700 ish? However, my UKCAT score isn't much to be happy about (2510).
          Is Barts sensible? I'm having second thoughts :s
          With a UCAS tariff like that, you stand a good shot!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Kitnimohabbathai)
          how many tariff points do you have?

(Original post by PG593)
          Biggest respect for you It may be difficult but if you manage your time well, no reason why you can't excel in them all
          Haha Yeah I hope they go alright!

ReputationRep:
          My UCAS tarrif is 540 and my UKCAT score is 800. What are my chances? Is it safe applying?

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by GCSE-help)
          My UCAS tarrif is 540 and my UKCAT score is 800. What are my chances? Is it safe applying?
          Im similar to you! I have 540 tariff but 740 UKCAT. Nice UKCAT score mate I think we should be safe based on last year!

(Original post by GCSE-help)
            I'm pretty sure you are safe mate, check last year's data to ease your nerves

ReputationRep:
            Anyone going to the open day tomorrow?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.