Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
    Why isn't it a lower mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well for a start they are both world class universities. Standards are prob just as good as LSE and just as competitive to get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilsoncw1997)
    Fast or main may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was FAST ROUND

ReputationRep:
    hi guys well my friend and i both got an interview last saturday (2.22). he received an offer this wednesday night but i havent received anyth so far im a little bit upset cuz i did the interview first(mine 2pm n his 14:45) .but he applied much earlier. im just thinking that since it said its based on a "rolling-basis", does it mean that i am not considered yet or am i alr eliminated the waiting is just torturing.esp when ur friend s alr got an offer.... anyone w some advice? thks

ReputationRep:
    Can you be more specific? Interview for which university? And which major?

And is it the interview to the same department? Each department might review the applications and reply separately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkmemetchi)
    Can you be more specific? Interview for which university? And which major?

And is it the interview to the same department? Each department might review the applications and reply separately.
    hi thk u so much for replyin! its from HKUST and both of us r applying for SBM. really worried...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manic8)
    Well for a start they are both world class universities. Standards are prob just as good as LSE and just as competitive to get in.
    I'm pretty sure it's a lot more difficult for locals using local qualifications to get into Hong Kong's universities than for British locals to get into LSE using British qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone has some clues for CUHK Law? Applied it through main-round and haven't got anything except some updating messages. Heard that there won't be interviews, so it should be rather fast to make offer right?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, my university (National Uni of Ireland, Galway) have just confirmed to me that my application to study in HKUST was successful! I'll be heading over for the next upcoming college semester this Autumn.

Was just wondering if anyone else here is going? I don't know anyone going with me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesc.)
    Hi all, my university (National Uni of Ireland, Galway) have just confirmed to me that my application to study in HKUST was successful! I'll be heading over for the next upcoming college semester this Autumn.

Was just wondering if anyone else here is going? I don't know anyone going with me!
    Is it an exchange?

ReputationRep:
    I just received an offer from HKU for Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) three days ago! It asks for AAC (excluding language subjects).
    I'm currently living in Hong Kong, so if anyone wants to know more about Hong Kong, you could ask me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is, only for 1 semester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manic8)
    Congratulations on your offer !! Not yet received anything on my top 2 yet... According to the account still under consideration.. So what are you going to do ? Will you take HKU's offer ??
    I paid the deposit and accepted the offer. HKU definitely my first choice now.

(Original post by justice129)
    when did you get your offer? Apply to the same course.btw what's the condition?
    Got it in late january (like really really late, towards the end of january). condition A*A*AB

(Original post by devils)
    I just received an offer from HKU for Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) three days ago! It asks for AAC (excluding language subjects).
    I'm currently living in Hong Kong, so if anyone wants to know more about Hong Kong, you could ask me
    Congrats! Is HKU your first choice? btw, is the air pollution in Hong Kong really bad or is it okay? Is it true that Hong Kong has been suffering from bad pollution in recent years?

ReputationRep:
    They claim that pollution is really bad. But it's honestly nothing compared to other cities in China like Shanghai or Beijing.
    It's not noticeable. It's not serious enough to affect anything. Don't worry about the pollution part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeddybed)
    Congrats! Is HKU your first choice? btw, is the air pollution in Hong Kong really bad or is it okay? Is it true that Hong Kong has been suffering from bad pollution in recent years?
    I'm still considering between UK uni and Hong Kong uni...
    Bath is my first choice, but I still haven't received an offer yet. If I am rejected by Bath, I will probably choose between HKU and Durham , but I'm not sure yet...

Let's say the air quality of Hong Kong is never good but it's not too bad. It might be worse than UK, but it's still tolerable :yep: In fact, it's a lot better than Guangdong. (And a thousand times better than Beijing!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where did you guys find the application?

ReputationRep:
    Jeddy..... If I got the HKU offer I seriously wouldn't know which one to pick. HKU for the prestige or UST for the Maths and awsome campus !!! Hong Kong air is fine you have no worries..it isn't as bad as people make it to be.

ReputationRep:
    I have already received six offers from both HongKong and UK, but I haven't decided where I should go yet.
    Btw, anyone has received offer from City University of London - Cass Business School?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devils)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats.! Did u apply via fast track?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashay)
    Congrats.! Did u apply via fast track?
    Thank you!
    No, I applied during the main round.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    received offer from HKUST for business and management, it's conditional offer for 36 points in IB (including tok and ee) and at least 4 for each subject. I'm a non-jupas local applicant

But I still haven't heard back from other HK schools yet :/

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.