University of Brighton 2014 applicants Watch

Bexconnor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,
I'll be starting at Brighton uni in september studying education BA at falmer campus. I cant apply for halls becuase im too clsoe but I can apply for uni homes, I really want to be with other first years but im not really sure what my options are?
If anyone else is having the same problem or is looking into uni homes and has more information I would be really grateful!

Thank you
Bex
University of Brighton Accommodation
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Bexconnor)
Hi,
I'll be starting at Brighton uni in september studying education BA at falmer campus. I cant apply for halls becuase im too clsoe but I can apply for uni homes, I really want to be with other first years but im not really sure what my options are?
If anyone else is having the same problem or is looking into uni homes and has more information I would be really grateful!

Thank you
Bex
Hi Bex

If you live in a unihome it is very likely you will be with other first year students. It is only occasionally that students from other year groups would live in university accommodation of any kind - it is primarily for first years.

There are 300 unihomes rooms - full details and a guide that you can download is on this page http://www.brighton.ac.uk/living-her...ion/index.aspx

Have a good read and if you have any more questions specifically about uni homes I recommend getting in touch with the accommodation team. They are very nice, helpful are are the experts! [email protected] or phone (+44) 01273 644 100

Best Wishes
Viv

andreiac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by elisahoar)
Hey ! I'm Elisa. I am holding a firm conditional offer for Bsc (hons) Sport Coaching in Eastbourne.
First, I'll be taking summer english courses in Falmer to meet the condition of my offer, because english is not my native language.
I have applied for halls in Eastbourne.
If anyone planning to study in Eastbourne, or to take summer english courses, just reply to this post
Xx
Hey! I'm planning on studying in Eastbourne come September too!
elisahoar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andreiac)
Hi! I'm planning on studying in Eastbourne too come September! I hold a conditional offer!
Which course are you planning to study ?
andreiac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Which course are you planning to study ?
International hospitality management, haven't seen on here of anyone doing it.
elisahoar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by andreiac)
International hospitality management, haven't seen on here of anyone doing it.
The same as me, haven't seen someone who is planning to do Sport Coaching
Have you applied for halls ?
andreiac
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The same as me, haven't seen someone who is planning to do Sport Coaching
Have you applied for halls ?
Hope not to be a loner! Yeah I have, just waiting on a reply now. Have you?
elisahoar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes I have too, I think we will have a response in August ! Where are you from ?
JadeEvans
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey everyone!

Theres a group set up for us here with a few of us other Brighton offer holders having a chat

https://www.facebook.com/groups/501505576645637/
Ellie_96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What happens, if I have been given an unconditional offer for Fine art, but have failed foundation year- will I still be guaranteed a place?
Joshalos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ellie_96)
What happens, if I have been given an unconditional offer for Fine art, but have failed foundation year- will I still be guaranteed a place?
It's an unconditional offer - no matter the outcome of your current study, you've been offered a place!
Umeshbx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I've got a conditional offer for Business Management. I'm not keen on the halls of moulsecoomb campus, but I was interest in the Varley Park or the Grande Parade halls. The Varley Park has the hub area, but the grand parade is located in the city nearest to the beach. We how faraway are both of these locations from the Moulsecoomb campus? Thanjs
Umeshbx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Also, another question. Which is the best library in Brighton University? Or are there better ones outside the Uni? Thanks.
TT22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, any one studying/going to at the Grand Parade campus? I'm joining this September! Would be nice to know a few of you who are too!
University of Brighton Accommodation
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Umeshbx)
Also, another question. Which is the best library in Brighton University? Or are there better ones outside the Uni? Thanks.
Hi Umeshbx

It depends what kind of books and info you are looking for! There are libraries on each campus and they have a catalogue that relates to subjects taught on the campus as well as space to work and media facilities too. You can borrow items from different libraries, you can request to have them sent over once you look them up on the library catalogue. For example, Aldrich in Mouslecoomb is large and has some great study desks, St Peter's House at Grand Parade has a amazing collection of art and design books ...More details here
http://www.brighton.ac.uk/current-st...ing/index.aspx

There is also a great and modern library in central Brighton that you can join too http://www.brighton-hove-rpml.org.uk...ages/home.aspx
This is good for fiction books ...
Best Wishes
Viv
lcatriona
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
ACCOMMODATION HELP

I'm going to be on the Photography course at Grand Parade and i'm looking for some advice on accommodation. I'm looking for somewhere to live near the grand parade campus but i understand that Pheonix halls are hard to get into. I've applied anyway but i am now unsure as to whether I should apply for a uni home or something privately rented? I feel like uni homes might be easier to find but possibly more expensive?

If there's anyone else looking to stay in the same area (preferably studying at grand parade) please get in touch
lila chemin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lcatriona)
ACCOMMODATION HELP

I'm going to be on the Photography course at Grand Parade and i'm looking for some advice on accommodation. I'm looking for somewhere to live near the grand parade campus but i understand that Pheonix halls are hard to get into. I've applied anyway but i am now unsure as to whether I should apply for a uni home or something privately rented? I feel like uni homes might be easier to find but possibly more expensive?

If there's anyone else looking to stay in the same area (preferably studying at grand parade) please get in touch
Hi I'm studying photography next year too ! also worrying about this , i have applied to phoenix, think i am going to wait till august to hear if i have a place. Im just worried that if it gets to august and i haven't got in then i won't have time to find private housing :/
Joshalos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lcatriona)
ACCOMMODATION HELP

(Original post by lila chemin)
Hi I'm studying photography next year too ! also worrying about this , i have applied to phoenix, think i am going to wait till august to hear if i have a place. Im just worried that if it gets to august and i haven't got in then i won't have time to find private housing :/
Don't think by studying at Grand Parade, Varley Park or Moulsecoomb are too far away to live there. My flatmate studies at Grand Parade but we live in Varley! There are shuttle buses known as the Lemon Bus which takes you to Grand Parade from Varley or Moulsecoomb and there are plenty of buses to get you there too!
Umeshbx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

I've got an offer from the Uni of Brighton and its my firm choice. I'm currently applying for accommadation but I'm not sure which one I should choose. I'm doing Business Management which will be in the Moolsecoomb campus. However, I don't want to apply for halls there.

I'm currently not sure which out of two halls I should apply for.
- The Grande Parade (Pheonix) Halls is located in the City and is practically right next to the beach + is near to my campus of study. Do Pheonix have other facilities like Football pitches, or Gym's?
- The Hub (Varley Park Halls) This one is brand new and it looks really nice, plus its near the football turfs from the other halls. However, I'm just wondering firstly how far away it is from the campus I'm studying in (Mithras House/Mouslecoomb) and secondly how far away it is from the beach and the city.

Would be great if I could have people who currently study at Brighton or know the area could reply.

Thanks.
Umeshbx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

I've got an offer from the Uni of Brighton and its my firm choice. I'm currently applying for accommodation but I'm not sure which one I should choose. I'm doing Business Management which will be in the Moolsecoomb campus. However, I don't want to apply for halls there.

I'm currently not sure which out of two halls I should apply for.
- The Grande Parade (Pheonix) Halls is located in the City and is practically right next to the beach + is near to my campus of study. Do Pheonix have other facilities like Football pitches, or Gym's?
- The Hub (Varley Park Halls) This one is brand new and it looks really nice, plus its near the football turfs from the other halls. However, I'm just wondering firstly how far away it is from the campus I'm studying in (Mithras House/Mouslecoomb) and secondly how far away it is from the beach and the city.

Would be great if I could have people who currently study at Brighton or know the area could reply.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Brighton
    Architecture and interior architecture Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Brighton City campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Eastbourne campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (386)
30.9%
The paper was reasonable (490)
39.23%
Not feeling great about that exam... (217)
17.37%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
12.49%

Watched Threads