Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wawrinka the new (real) del Potro?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sirocco11)
    Rafa thanking the crowd - they should feel so damn ashamed.
    sAMPRAS AND LAVER LOOK UPSET

ReputationRep:

A body swap would be a good explanation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hog Dog)
    No worries. Bit of a shame in all seriousness because Stan was playing out of this world before Nadal went for MTO and if the match had continued it would've been so good to watch :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah definitely - real disappointment that the injury had to derail the final as Stan was playing some awesome tennis and I'm pretty sure it wasn't long before Rafa would have kicked up his level to meet him. Just hope the injury isn't too severe.

Exciting year ahead for Stan - unbeaten so far? I give him a good shot at the US and a deep run at the French, maybe even Wimbledon. The belief is the key now though, he knows he can beat the very best on the biggest stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    sAMPRAS AND LAVER LOOK UPSET

Everyone is! The injury put a dampener on everything! I feel for both players but you just can't predict these things

ReputationRep:
    I saw tears from Laver there. Nice little conversation with Rafa and Sampras.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Everyone is! The injury put a dampener on everything! I feel for both players but you just can't predict these things
    Watch the whole match you will see what happend to Rafa you missed it big time!

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it. Del Potro at his best is still better, Wawrinka may be more consistent though. Hard to say.

Yeah definitely - real disappointment that the injury had to derail the final as Stan was playing some awesome tennis and I'm pretty sure it wasn't long before Rafa would have kicked up his level to meet him. Just hope the injury isn't too severe.

Exciting year ahead for Stan - unbeaten so far? I give him a good shot at the US and a deep run at the French, maybe even Wimbledon. The belief is the key now though, he knows he can beat the very best on the biggest stage.
    I could be wrong but i don't recall him winning any prior grass or clay tournament, even small ones.

ReputationRep:
    Stan got lucky - especially with the number of unforced errors he sustained. Rafa will always be the champion!!

ReputationRep:
    2014 is appearing to be an exciting season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pistol 33)
    Rafa is still better than Stan. 13>1 Grandslam and only 1 win against nadal ever.
    Why is that even relevant right now! No one is arguing that! Can you not just congratulate Stan on an excellent tournament? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh well Rafa can make up for this Australian open Loss at Wimbledon am I right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    R3 would be pretty awesome ths year.

ReputationRep:
    well done Stan first grand slam well deserved the way he played this whole tournament, feel for Nadal hope its nothing serious, respect to both players

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)

If you mean at getting to GS 14 he cab do that at RG. For the career double slam though he'll have to wait another year. Wimbedon is always nice to win but he's definitely not the favourite there. We'll see though this year has thrown out some shockers so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubi1)
    Watch the whole match you will see what happend to Rafa you missed it big time!

I'll watch the whole match later but I can get the jist of it. Seems like Stan was beating Rafa before he was injured though so who knows the injury may have shortened or lengthened the match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1000)
    Stan got lucky - especially with the number of unforced errors he sustained. Rafa will always be the champion!!

Bitter much, Stan is the man! Rafa will always be a champion but now it's not just Nole who can challenge him Stan in this form is a force of nature!!

ReputationRep:
    Surprise, surprise. Stan's just caused an absolutely massive upset, and all anyone is talking about on here is ****ing Nadal

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic from Stan Wawrinka!! A deserved champion (after an unexpected victory). Bad luck to Nadal for his injury and hope he recovers soon, but to be fair Stan was the better player for the first set and a half, even before the injury set in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stan also World No.3 and the third Swiss GS champion! And he's the first man to beat Djokovic and Nadal in the same Grand Slam en route to winning the title

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 20, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.