Turn on thread page Beta

Whatever you say man...

ReputationRep:
    That was an easy paper but I messed so much up cause I hardly revised for structures cause it's quite simple so I got most of it wrong,
    The grade boundaries will be high and I done so ****,
    There goes my A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No the grammar school is in London obviously.... There are only crap schools outside of london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBeyond)
    Retarded people don't admit when they're wrong and act like a stubborn prick, so yeah I would say you are. And as to your life story, I'm not interested in it, as quite frankly, it's bull****.
    You're not much better tbh, no need to insult him back.

(Original post by manoornadim)
    But isn't the rule that if the metal formed at the cathode is more reactive than, then hydrogen is formed? And zinc is more reactive than hydrogen so hydrogen would be formed?
    Only if it's in solution (dissolved in water), since it was molten the only ions present were the zinc ions and the other ions (can't remember what they are, sorry ). If it was in solution then it would have zinc ions, hydrogen ions, hydroxide ions and the other ions then hydrogen would be produced but since it was only molten there were no hydrogen ions there for hydrogen to be made.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You're so retarded it's unreal, the zinc chloride was in molten form, not dissolved in water, therefore there is no hydrogen present.
    yes, you're right, it was molten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottejyp)
    You're not much better tbh, no need to insult him back.

Only if it's in solution (dissolved in water), since it was molten the only ions present were the zinc ions and the other ions (can't remember what they are, sorry ). If it was in solution then it would have zinc ions, hydrogen ions, hydroxide ions and the other ions then hydrogen would be produced but since it was only molten there was no hydrogen ions there for hydrogen to be made.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah, that makes a lot more sense haha

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for what happens at the electrodes? I'm not sure if I got that one correct

ReputationRep:
    If I put 0.228 in my working but then at the last minute suddenly decided it was 0.250 do you think I'll still get some marks?

(Original post by Anieeela)
    If I put 0.228 in my working but then at the last minute suddenly decided it was 0.250 do you think I'll still get some marks?
    If your workings were correct you will get some marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PS4)
    No the grammar school is in London obviously.... There are only crap schools outside of london
    possibly? Most grammar schools take the best 'kids' anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    If your workings were correct you will get some marks.
    Aww okay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PS4)
    It's bull**** is it? You're just mad you can't go to the best grammar school in the country and have 4 FULL COURSE gcse a*s and I did admit when I'm wrong as I said I forgot. Can you not read or are you too ignorant and are selective in what you read?
    Wowowowow which grammar are we talking about here. The grammar school I go to is the best and we do IGCSE AQA chemistry so you don't.
    Anyway how did everyone find this paper. I just came on this to see if everyone found this as hard as the biology because that biology paper on Tuesday was shocking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by WASG)
    Wowowowow which grammar are we talking about here. The grammar school I go to is the best and we do IGCSE AQA chemistry so you don't.
    Anyway how did everyone find this paper. I just came on this to see if everyone found this as hard as the biology because that biology paper on Tuesday was shocking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was a lot easier than the biology, couple of dodgy questions but mostly okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WASG)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I found the chemistry so much harder than the biology which I thought was alright, there were just some questions on this one I had genuinely no idea about (although some in hindsight I should've known).

Like ppl have said, I would be surprised if the boundaries are much lower than 50, it was harder than the jan 14 papers, but easier imo than the june 13, so I'm gonna say 47/8 for A* (please god...)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys sorry of its already been discussed but what did you get for the bond energy question with the hydrogen and water? Everyone I asked got different things but I'm pretty sure it's - 400 and something

(Original post by Manexopi)
    Hey guys sorry of its already been discussed but what did you get for the bond energy question with the hydrogen and water? Everyone I asked got different things but I'm pretty sure it's - 400 and something
    It was something like 486 but you could write -486 as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaNick)
    Yeah I got -486
    I messed up on that question D: I didn't realise it was 2H2O, i only multiplied by 2 once Hopefully I'll get some marks for the working out. I realised when my friends told me my answer was wrong, I felt so annoyed at myself. But overall I think I did pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    Okay cool I wrote that too but ppl were telling me it was wrong and it wa -440 something. Also for the why can we use HCL for lime scale one is it because it was corrosive? I just remembered a chemistry cover once saying how he used HCL on lime scale in his bathroom but it was too strong and corroded everything :/

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the q asking why adding other substances to silicon dioxide lowered its melting/boiling point??

ReputationRep:
    I really didn't like the periodic table questions in unit 3 about how is it arranged according to electron and protons, got so confused, other than that I thought they both were a doddle 6marks questions were abs weird but not too hard to answer

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.