The 'All Nighter' thread. Watch

Chiraag
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if i dont apply to unis but signed up to ucas will i get a clearing passpotr?
desmondmac
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Artic isnt law competitive, by the way ive got silly aspirations for oxbridge LSE and such.

Note: Ignore the signature im just tryna make myself feel better
viva italia2
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
its 5 over here and im up :P
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by desmondmac)
Artic isnt law competitive, by the way ive got silly aspirations for oxbridge LSE and such.

It is, but it depends where you want to do it exactly HOW competitive it is.

Law at Oxbridge is probably very competitive though. But it probably won't be that bad for all unis.
Chiraag
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
plz someone answer me before i can go to bed lol
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by antarctica800)
It's not too bad, just ace your AS Levels to take the heat off your A2 exams!
thanks, ill keep that in mind. where are you GOING to be studying law

thanks aarctic aussi
antarctica800
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

It is competitive, but not as unattainable as people make out. I'm holding a conditional offer from Oxford at the moment (which I've screwed up, and so will take a year out and apply again) and it was fine. As long as you have a genuine interest in legal issues/current affairs, read a decent broadsheet a couple of times a week, it should be fine. I only really read one "law book" before my Ox interview, which was Geoffrey Rivlin's Understanding the Law. It's pretty excellent; it puts everything into simple, layman's terms and tells you how everything works. It kind of, makes the whole concept of the law and the legal/judiciary/political process less intimidating. I also flicked through Glanville Williams' Learning the Law. It's a bit dry though, only really good for referring to at this stage. That was about it, really. I'd say go down and meet the tutors well before you apply, and have a little chat with them if you have any queries. They're generally very nice and willing to help. And also, you should probably revise when it comes to your A Levels. Might help with the conditional offer :rolleyes:

(Apologies to everyone else for going off on this tangent and also for answering arctic monkey's question. Wait, did I? Arctic and Antarctica are too similar for simple-minded me)
Note
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dangerous feeling just came upon me. It went like this:
I hope I don't make my grades. It will be exciting to do something crazy, unstructured and so on and so forth.
It was quickly quenched because I don't want to think of the alternatives yet or I will convince myself out of going to uni:p:
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ok i turned 16 today and ive read glandville williams and was gonan buy dat book 2morrow. i really am interested in that kind of stuff and read the times daily. i was quite scared earlier on that i wanted to do law simply becasue its got a rep but ive really come to love it so knwo thats what i want to do. i just hope the A levels dont get me all depressed and i start to dount myself...can i ask what gcse grades you got.

i doubt u messed up ur offer, dont count your chickens before theyve hatched my friend,,,wow would u really take a year out and apply again, thats dedication lol LOVE IT
jaybones
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, I dont do A levels anymore, just finished my 1st year at uni but ive just got in from work and thought id wish you all good luck in a few hours and that you get the results you had hoped for

Take care folks whatever happens and its not all that bad!
desmondmac
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol can someone express in writing how scared nervous frightened they feel, best person gets a prize lol
Note
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol can someone express in writing how scared nervous frightened they feel, best person gets a prize lol
Not at all.

There you go, a perfect description:p:
Chiraag
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
antarctica800
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ok i turned 16 today and ive read glandville williams and was gonan buy dat book 2morrow. i really am interested in that kind of stuff and read the times daily. i was quite scared earlier on that i wanted to do law simply becasue its got a rep but ive really come to love it so knwo thats what i want to do. i just hope the A levels dont get me all depressed and i start to dount myself...can i ask what gcse grades you got
Dude, then you're well ahead of most people. Don't get too..rehearsed with the whole thing though. Keep doing what you're doing and thinking outside the box, both logically and abstractly. In the interviews they give you a ton of random questions you have to deal with. I got A*, A, A, A, A, A, B, B, B, C, C at GCSE. I was unwell though, and they took this into account. But even if your GCSE's aren't truly amazing, they don't care if the rest of you is good, e.g. PS, AS Levels, interviews, etc.
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Time for bed for me. As likely as it is that Oblivion and Nemesis and other such Alton Towers-ness will wake me up no-end, I'd rather still be awake when I go to get my results.

Best of luck ladies and gents
antarctica800
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Chiraag)

Yes.
Note
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You too Arctic Monkey.
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My girlfriend got on track earlier - just before midnight - and saw hers.
Chiraag
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ok thanks antartica and goodluck everyone for al evel results i wish u all the best, goodnight from rag.
antarctica800
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by _-Arctic-Monkey-_)
Time for bed for me. As likely as it is that Oblivion and Nemesis and other such Alton Towers-ness will wake me up no-end, I'd rather still be awake when I go to get my results.

Best of luck ladies and gents

Nightt. And good luck!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (140)
18.47%
No (459)
60.55%
Not really bothered about them (159)
20.98%

Watched Threads