Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D12345678)
    I've passed the Numerical and that was pretty similar to the practice one. Is that the same with the Critical one? And thanks!
    Yep, exactly same format. No prob, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the Capgemini situational strengths test? Having found the EY one relatively easy I found Capgemini's really hard

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what was so hard about it? I have to do it this week and I'm scared! Failed the KPMG one, and although I passed the EY one, I thought it was really difficult.

ReputationRep:
    There's no time limit to it and there's only 8 questions but I found the answers much less distinguishable from one another than the EY one, as they were all pretty similar it was hard to determine the order to put them in!
    You get a personalised feedback report at the end which says your 3 main skills so maybe they just judge it off that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC2016)
    Has anyone done the Capgemini situational strengths test? Having found the EY one relatively easy I found Capgemini's really hard
    I've done it. It was comparatively obscure compared to the others I've done (i.e. the 'correct' answer is not blindingly obvious) and I really think it's one of the few for which you can't 'fake' a result. They've now invited me to do the SHL Verbal and Logical Reasoning, so I presume I passed Situational Strengths.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to BDO around the 20th sept for M&A was this too late as I havent had a reply of any sort?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering how long it took for them to get back to you after completing the strengths test? Also, what is the deadline for the verbal and logical reasoning? I have 2 interviews next week so want to plan my time around it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasmith247)
    Hi, just wondering how long it took for them to get back to you after completing the strengths test? Also, what is the deadline for the verbal and logical reasoning? I have 2 interviews next week so want to plan my time around it!
    I completed my Strengths Test on Friday night and received invites for the SHL Verbal and Logical tests the following Tuesday. You get five days from receipt of the email to complete both SHL tests.

So far, I'm very impressed by how efficient Capgemini have been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    I've done it. It was comparatively obscure compared to the others I've done (i.e. the 'correct' answer is not blindingly obvious) and I really think it's one of the few for which you can't 'fake' a result. They've now invited me to do the SHL Verbal and Logical Reasoning, so I presume I passed Situational Strengths.

Hi, what was so hard about it? I have to do it this week and I'm scared! Failed the KPMG one, and although I passed the EY one, I thought it was really difficult.
    Which area of Cap are you guys going for? I presume CC, but more specifically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Management consulting- programme management- what about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Cool. I already work in CC. It's a great place (in my humble opinion) and the CDC programme is really strong. Good luck with it and feel free to PM if you have questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Cool. I already work in CC. It's a great place (in my humble opinion) and the CDC programme is really strong. Good luck with it and feel free to PM if you have questions!
    Hi, thanks so much I would appreciate that! Let me find out if I'm through to the interview after the online tests and then I'll PM you some questions thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1011)
    Same here. Management Consulting - Programme and Transformation Management.

ReputationRep:
    Email from IBM saying I passed the IPAT/CAT and thus they're reviewing my CV in further detail before deciding what to do next. Is this standard procedure? Thought they did this before sending out test invites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consultingstude)
    Email from IBM saying I passed the IPAT/CAT and thus they're reviewing my CV in further detail before deciding what to do next. Is this standard procedure? Thought they did this before sending out test invites?
    If it's like last year, standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sync)
    Me too, I'm worried about the maths one as SHL is harder than the others I've had!

ReputationRep:
    Me too, I'm worried about the maths one as SHL is harder than the others I've had!

Has anyone done the logical and verbal tests? If so, can anyone tell me how many questions there are and how much time we get please?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done the logical and verbal tests? If so, can anyone tell me how many questions there are and how much time we get please?
    I've just done the verbal one, pretty standard 30 questions, 19 minutes nothing too hard.
    It's not a numerical it's a logical reasoning test which I find harder much harder! Wishing I'd have done some kind of maths/business degree now with all these tests!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've just done the verbal one, pretty standard 30 questions, 19 minutes nothing too hard.
    It's not a numerical it's a logical reasoning test which I find harder much harder! Wishing I'd have done some kind of maths/business degree now with all these tests!!!
    I know what you mean. having to brush up on Maths etc is so time-consuming! is it 20 questions in 19 minutes for the logical too? Also, do you have to do both together, or can you take like a day's break in between them?

ReputationRep:
    Just starting applications now, wondering what kind of online tests they usually have.

Usual numerical/verbal/logic and some strengths/situational or anything else I need to watch out for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.