Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    We were just as terrible defensively in 12-13 the only difference was we had RVP to bail us out.
    And De Gea had a good season in 12/13 too we remember.

It was 11/12 that he had a dodgy season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Still agree with on the level of Begovic. Lloris I think has been dodgy, don't rate him as much as his first season so he'd probably be top 4 now.

You lot have been very defensive recently and concede loads of shots, meaning that shot stoppers like De Gea look better than they really are. The likes of Courtois or Neuer e.g. can be peppered all game and come intact but at the same time they are able to make the whole game look calm to them and provide a commanding presence in the air and come out quickly when they have been in a game with little chances created against them.

De Gea is looking better than he actually is. He is doing well though but it's no surprise that the last two or so seasons where you've been terrible defensively he's had his greatest seasons as a goalkeeper.
    Or maybe it's because he was a 20 year old, skinny lad that didn't speak English when he joined us?

ReputationRep:
    People finally putting Atlético in the top 8 squads now took them long enough :rolleyes:
    It also took them long enough to realise it's not Athletico. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Man Utd fans have some serious red tinted glasses on when they talk about De Gea. Maybe he looks better than he is because of how **** everyone else is in that team, and when someone is actually good they suddenly look world class to a Utd fan? He's decent but saying he's the best in the league is just...well...stupid and biased as ****. Not even 100% convinced he's in the top 4 in the league.
    :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    x.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah TSR is ****ed on my phone. Please delete.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Or maybe it's because he was a 20 year old, skinny lad that didn't speak English when he joined us?
    That is true. He needed bulking etc and had to wean. But I think keepers of teams who concede loads of shots on goal look better than they are because they have more chances to make a save.

If you look at Cech e.g. in 2012 he looked world class because we spent every game parking the bus post march, in 2013 he looked ok when we played more attacking football, in 2014 he looked world class in big games again.

Also did you take the bait. I didn't read your post but seems like it got deleted so I assume you did
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    It also took them long enough to realise it's not Athletico. :rolleyes:
    Yeah tbh I only really noticed them as a genuine threat after the copa del rey final vs Real Madrid. I saw them in europa league and they were good, you could see they had good players and should really be in the CL but didn't expect them to get to a CL final 2 years later. The Madrid teams are only teams I think that will beat Chelsea to a pulp rest we can take.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah tbh I only really noticed them as a genuine threat after the copa del rey final vs Real Madrid. I saw them in europa league and they were good, you could see they had good players and should really be in the CL but didn't expect them to get to a CL final 2 years later. The Madrid teams are only teams I think that will beat Chelsea to a pulp rest we can take.
    Chelsea wouldn't lose to Atletico this season. They survived losing Falcao but they definitely haven't done as well losing Costa and I think they'll gradually start to fall away over the next few years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Chelsea wouldn't lose to Atletico this season. They survived losing Falcao but they definitely haven't done as well losing Costa and I think they'll gradually start to fall away over the next few years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well considering they beat Real over 2 legs in the Spanish Super Cup and won at the Bernabeu in the league going unbeaten in all 3 games, you can't say they haven't survived without Costa.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Well considering they beat Real over 2 legs in the Spanish Super Cup and won at the Bernabeu in the league going unbeaten in all 3 games, you can't say they haven't survived without Costa.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe not surviving was a bit strong but they're certainly feeling the loss of costs more than they did falcao. They haven't looked the same team this year at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    Maybe not surviving was a bit strong but they're certainly feeling the loss of costs more than they did falcao. They haven't looked the same team this year at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Their first team has arguably kept the same quality as last year and they have strengthened their squad. I expect them to perform in the same manner as last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. RM
    2. bayern
    3. chelsea
    4. barcelona
    5. juventus
    6. city
    7. PSG
    8. arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnneOldman)
    1. RM
    2. bayern
    3. chelsea
    4. barcelona
    5. juventus
    6. city
    7. PSG
    8. arsenal
    Lol at Arsenal but no Atléti or Dortmund

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Lol at Arsenal but no Atléti or Dortmund

Posted from TSR Mobile
    arsenal have better depth IMO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnneOldman)
    arsenal have better depth IMO
    As shown by the way they've coped excellently with their defensive injuries this season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Damn, I guess you're right.

In other news Aguero is a **** striker

You look like a right mug now.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea number 1 easily, our team dynamics and chemistry is perfect. We are not dominated by one or two players, everyone's chips in and has a specific role, it's like watching perfection when our squad is on form.

ReputationRep:
    1 - Real Madrid
    2 - Chelsea
    3 - Barcelona
    4 - Bayern
    5 - Atletico
    6 - City
    7 - Juve
    8 - Dortmund

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwaggerDagger)
    You look like a right mug now.
    Are you retarded?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    Are you retarded?
    A very ambiguous statement... Elaborate?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.