Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2015 Physics Applicants Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Physics course(s) are you going to apply for?
    Physics BSc
    26.85%
    Physics MSci
    49.54%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths BSc
    7.41%
    Theoretical Physics/ Phys & Maths MSci
    15.74%
    Physics with Astrophysics BSc
    7.87%
    Physics with Astrophysics MSci
    12.50%
    Physics and Philosophy BSc
    1.39%
    Physics and Philosophy MSci
    4.17%

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my UCAS last Friday and got my first offer from Surrey (good uni, I think it's quite underrated) last night for AAA including maths and physics, I've also applied at Oxford, Durham, Warwick and Bath, I've already seen a couple of people have physics offers from Warwick which is slightly worrying, has anyone else got offers from any of these places?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyRoss)
    I sent off my UCAS last Friday and got my first offer from Surrey (good uni, I think it's quite underrated) last night for AAA including maths and physics, I've also applied at Oxford, Durham, Warwick and Bath, I've already seen a couple of people have physics offers from Warwick which is slightly worrying, has anyone else got offers from any of these places?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I sent my UCAS last friday as well, and I got an an offer from Warwick this Wednesday. I'm also applying for Oxford, Durham, UCL and Imperial. Durham is really slow so I don't expect to get an offer before next year... Don't worry for warwick, if your grades are strong, they will give you offer surely. Basically I got a B in my AS and I can still get an offer. My friends got offers from Bath but they were math and chemical engineering, so I suppose that Bath is slower for physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zui)
    I sent my UCAS last friday as well, and I got an an offer from Warwick this Wednesday. I'm also applying for Oxford, Durham, UCL and Imperial. Durham is really slow so I don't expect to get an offer before next year... Don't worry for warwick, if your grades are strong, they will give you offer surely. Basically I got a B in my AS and I can still get an offer. My friends got offers from Bath but they were math and chemical engineering, so I suppose that Bath is slower for physics.
    Cheers man! Are you dead set on Oxford? For me it's a bit of a long shot and I think I'd rather go to Durham for theoretical physics, plus I reckon the PAT will be a ballache.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cheers man! Are you dead set on Oxford? For me it's a bit of a long shot and I think I'd rather go to Durham for theoretical physics, plus I reckon the PAT will be a ballache.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha I just want to have a try!! I didn't expect myself to get in... PAT is not as bad as I thought actually but well...It's quite hard. I really want to go to Imperial and that's my first choice. But Imperial asked my UMS last week and my UMS is terrible...And I'm so worried now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zui)
    hahaha I just want to have a try!! I didn't expect myself to get in... PAT is not as bad as I thought actually but well...It's quite hard. I really want to go to Imperial and that's my first choice. But Imperial asked my UMS last week and my UMS is terrible...And I'm so worried now.
    Imperial asked for your ums ???? I have an interview n they haven't asked for mine wil they ask at interview ??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm currently a third year Physics student on the MPhys course at Oxford. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask but bear in mind that my course is far from representative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lmarsden)
    Imperial asked for your ums ???? I have an interview n they haven't asked for mine wil they ask at interview ??
    Omg you have your interview!!!! Probably because my AS grades are not strong so that they asked for my UMS...I'm sure when they look at my UMS they'll decide to reject me...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi there, we seem to be in pretty similar places. I'm applying to the same universities except for Warwick (Exeter for me). Would you let me know when you get an offer from Bath, because I'm hoping for one too . Which Oxford college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sataris)
    Hi there, we seem to be in pretty similar places. I'm applying to the same universities except for Warwick (Exeter for me). Would you let me know when you get an offer from Bath, because I'm hoping for one too . Which Oxford college did you apply to?
    Hey, I applied to Wadham, what about you? Yeah I will do, have you got any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zui)
    You were right cheers, just got an offer from Warwick 5 minutes ago:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I sent my application last wednesday and still not even a confirmation from Imperial??? Should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noseypo)
    Hey, I sent my application last wednesday and still not even a confirmation from Imperial??? Should I be worried?
    Don't worry imperial didn't acknowledge mine at all until they invited me to interview

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied to Wadham, what about you? Yeah I will do, have you got any offers yet?
    I went for Lincoln. I got the same offer from Surrey, but nothing else yet...

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm applying for Physics MSci at Oxford, Imperial, Bristol, Durham, St Andrews
    Got an offer from Bristol yesterday and invitation for interview at Imperial
    Durham asked for my ums scores for maths and physics today- anyone else had that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElsieLark)
    Hi, I'm applying for Physics MSci at Oxford, Imperial, Bristol, Durham, St Andrews
    Durham asked for my ums scores for maths and physics today- anyone else had that??
    I've not had that from Durham, what did you get at AS and when did you send your application off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElsieLark)
    Yeah, I got an email asking for Physics/Maths UMS scores as well- didn't even know they would want it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BP_Tranquility)
    Yeah, I got an email asking for Physics/Maths UMS scores as well- didn't even know they would want it :rolleyes:
    Damn, they probably don't like me then

ReputationRep:
    I've not had that from Durham, what did you get at AS and when did you send your application off?
    Got 6 A's at AS- sent it off on 5th but other people at my school have the same grades and haven't got an email from durham yet so I wouldn't worry

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was so unexpected!! Do you think its just physics which are asking for ums??

ReputationRep:
    They ask every year. My form took forever to come through but I still got an offer so I don't think there's any correlation between the time taken and getting an offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.