Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammi...)
    Hi no you don't need them. There will be about 140 people taking the exam so they don't have time to check them. You get asked to bring them on the day of the interview if you get one.
    Hi, do you know if everyone is given the chance to sit the exam? or have they narrowed it down?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'm not too sure I think they invite everyone who meets their basic requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    I got interview for Aberdeen Uni (dentistry) 8th dec. Anyone here been to a MMI style before ? Don't know what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone know if the whole interview for Aberdeen is completley MMI style, is there not a point which you will sit down infront of a panel and get asked questions like 'why do you want to study dentistry' etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basbosa)
    Hi guys
    I got interview for Aberdeen Uni (dentistry) 8th dec. Anyone here been to a MMI style before ? Don't know what to expect.
    I've also got my interview on that day. Done an MMI interview at Cardiff a few years back and I found it really intense. Although Aberdeen do have some guidance at what you're likely to be asked on there website, Cardiff didn't so I felt like I was thrown into the unknown.

As for the Cardiff MMI there were about 12 stations testing different things (manual dexterity, empathy, problem solving, creativity etc)

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by althornber1)
    Good luck everyone today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's happening today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olderandwiser23)
    What's happening today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Uclan admissions exam.
    How did everyone find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything? I think they heard the day after last year :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry we will hear in due time, I think interviews are more likely to be allocated tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't she say after that rejections would appear on track in a couple weeks, and interviews some time after that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure that she said rejections come after the invites?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok, probably then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BiomedDentist)
    Aberdeen is in the UK, and it's an NHS programme so isn't it the funding the same? (Fund first 3500 and eligible for student loan for the rest of tuition fees?)

I hope this is the case
    Hey

you get the same as if you were doing a graduate dental degree anywhere else in the uk so don't worry about that. You are also eligible for SAAS funding meaning you can get another £1600 of your tuition paid for in the first year and you can get £4000 per year on top of that.

Coming from the UK you also get a bursary form the uni towards your accommodation around christmas of £2000, so don't worry too much about funding

good luck in your interview Its a great school to be part of

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from UCLAN?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up that KCL started dishing out interviews for the 5 year course yesterday so hopefully not long now until we hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleLamp)
    Has anyone heard from UCLAN?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, probably won't do until the end of this/next week... I just want to know argh

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I can calm down for a bit then! I think Kings handed out interviews late Jan last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farmy93)
    Nope, probably won't do until the end of this/next week... I just want to know argh
    Last year they were told the next day! I just want to know now!

ReputationRep:
    Any graduates applied for the 5 year course at Newcastle?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.