Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine_08)
    Nope, I don't have anything to back it up as nobody knows what the future holds but the fact that in the past, homosexuality wasn't accepted but now it is tells us something, doesn't it?
    You never know- incest, polygamy and bestiality may be legalised in the future. Homosexuality took time for it to be accepted into society.
    By the way, have you heard about that mother who wanted to marry her son because she claimed that they 'fell in love with each other'. Cases like this just show how the world's society is changing.
    And if we'd sat here 2000 years ago, you could change that round - homosexuality was accepted and now isn't. Still, what you're arguing is because this happened, unrelated thing you don't like could happen - those who opposed interracial marriages said the same thing 50 years ago - it's as wrong now as it was then.

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand is why polyamorous relationships and incestuous relationships aren't legal given the fact that they can be consensual (obviously nothing lacking consent should be legalised when it comes to romantic relationships).

ReputationRep:
    By 'nature', I mean the normal and natural way in which God designed a male and a female to have a child. Two dads having a son, therefore, is not natural and so is going against nature.
    If it was made that way by god, it's not natural.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I don't have anything to back it up as nobody knows what the future holds but the fact that in the past, homosexuality wasn't accepted but now it is tells us something, doesn't it?
    You never know- incest, polygamy and bestiality may be legalised in the future. Homosexuality took time for it to be accepted into society.
    By the way, have you heard about that mother who wanted to marry her son because she claimed that they 'fell in love with each other'. Cases like this just show how the world's society is changing.
    So you are linking that story about the incest to homosexuality.....how exactly?

ReputationRep:
    You're not God to decide that.

(Original post by there's too much love)
    God just spoke to me in a vision and said that he has no authority, but if he did he'd agree with the post in question.
    Cthulu spoke to me and said it was ok and that homosexuality and gay marriage wouldn't lead to the end of all things as we know it. But then I stubbed my toe so......slippery slope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111ONE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    So you are linking that story about the incest to homosexuality.....how exactly?
    Incest is going on now and just like homosexuality is now accepted, incest could too in the future. That's how I'm linking it.

ReputationRep:
    Incest is going on now and just like homosexuality is now accepted, incest could too in the future. That's how I'm linking it.
    That's poor. You'll have to do better than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    That's poor. You'll have to do better than that.
    Why is it poor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    Oh absolutely. You cannot approach this issue from a 'rights' perspective it is far more important that we consider the needs of the child above anything else.. That said gay parenting is generally exceptional for two reasons: Firstly any gay couple wishing to start a family must do so very deliberately, and secondly in most circumstances there is a vetting process for them as parents simply because of the avenues they must go down (adoption etc.)

Oh I agree. I am completely in favour of gay parenting. I simply hate this notion of having children being a "right" that gets bandied about.

ReputationRep:
    damn that looks gross. It's like there's congealed milk all over the babies head.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it poor?
    Because you've made a comparison without even proving a valuable link between the two. The two are not comparable, unless you're desperate. Which you clearly are.

ReputationRep:
    This is weird to me
    A child needs a mothers love
    Nothing else will ever come close to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    damn that looks gross. It's like there's congealed milk all over the babies head.
    You think that when a child is born they are born completely clean like they've just had a bath?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    This is weird to me
    Citation needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    This is weird to me
    According to who?
    My mum had a horrible mother, clearly lots of things came close and even exceeded her mother's love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimarshmallow)
    According to who?
    My mum had a horrible mother, clearly lots of things came close and even exceeded her mother's love.
    Oh I'm talking generally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    Oh I'm talking generally
    So, who says? What's different about a mother?

ReputationRep:
    So, who says? What's different about a mother?
    I say
    Mothers are amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    I say
    Mothers are amazing
    So, nothing credible beyond personal opinion then?

Fathers on the whole are amazing as well, particularly when they really really want their children.

ReputationRep:
    So, nothing credible beyond personal opinion then?

Fathers on the whole are amazing as well, particularly when they really really want their children.
    Welllllllll yeah but I'm sure other would agree

And yes some are

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.