Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection
    CMS Cameron McKenna - WG test done
    Jones Day - Interview --> Waiting for result
    HSF - Tests done, waiting on outcome
    Weil - Waiting
    Skadden - Waiting
    Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
    Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
    Travers Smith - Interview booked for in a few days time
    White and Case - Waiting
    DLA Piper - Waiting but they're not rolling so will be a while

If anyone has questions which I might be any help with feel free to ask

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMikeRoss)
    My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection
    Weil - Waiting
    Skadden - Waiting
    Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
    Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
    White and Case - Waiting

was wondering when did you apply to to mischon and when did they get back to you because I was thinking of submitting an app soon since they review applications on a rolling basis. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by school_freak)
    was wondering when did you apply to to mischon and when did they get back to you because I was thinking of submitting an app soon since they review applications on a rolling basis. thanks!
    Applied to mishcon on 6/10, got the interview notification on 27/10 and got assessment centre email earlier today

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for an NRF AC?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone heard from Stephenson Harwood re Winter Scheme post interview?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi LGF92,

Won't be joining you for the Spring Scheme, but have an interview for the Jones Day Summer Vac Scheme on Monday and wondered if you had any tips you would share?
    I'm a non-law grad just started on my GDL with a previous career behind me. Have previously got to last round of T/C apps with Eversheds and Pinsent Masons and both times got feedback that they felt they would be taking too much of a risk on my related commercial, but not commercial law, experience. Shame neither of them thought offering me a vac sheme was a good solution As you'd expect I'm desperate to secure a vac scheme as I can't really remedy the lack of experience without one. Any tips would be very gratefully received! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Hogan Lovells phone interview
    Well done! I've got mine coming up too, have you had yours yet (and if so, how was it?)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my query? Does anyone know the exact wording of HSF's open ended question? I haven't applied for a winter VAC scheme, but I'm thinking of applying for a summer one.

Thanks for reading and wish everyone the best of luck for their applications!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard from HSF re Winter VS yet?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMikeRoss)

Weil - Waiting
    Skadden - Waiting
    White and Case - Waiting

Hi, I've got a phone interview for Hogan Lovells next week. I was wondering what sort of questions they asked you and how it went.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does anyone know what an acceptable grade is for the Watson Glaser test? Is there a threshold above which you'd be invited for the next stage of the application process?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cik20)
    Hey, does anyone know what an acceptable grade is for the Watson Glaser test? Is there a threshold above which you'd be invited for the next stage of the application process?
    It will vary from firm to firm. You don't get a percentage or pass rate, you will get a percentile (you are ranked against other people taking the test). The benchmark of that percentile will be different from firm to firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything either way from Linklaters or Freshfields about Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Griffin0007)
    Has anyone heard anything either way from Linklaters or Freshfields about Christmas?
    I've heard from Freshfields but it was for the summer vac scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph1994)
    Yeah, had my AC on the 12th, I got the offer the next day in the evening. When was your AC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    It will vary from firm to firm. You don't get a percentage or pass rate, you will get a percentile (you are ranked against other people taking the test). The benchmark of that percentile will be different from firm to firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is not true for Hogan Lovells, they have a set pass rate that each potential candidate must achieve. Confirmed with graduate recruitment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph1994)
    Also waiting, I know two other friends who applied and are also in the same boat so looks like they are still processing things through maybe

ReputationRep:
    Freshfields interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Griffin0007)
    I completed the wg test for linklaters but still waiting for them to get back, have you done the test?

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't completed the test. I'm guessing that's a link that they send you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.