Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by games211)
    They dont look at UKCAT at all trust me
    Thanks thats slightly reassuring. The problem i have with the UKCAT is that its supposed to widen fair participation from poor students. But then theres these £300 courses like Kaplan which can make a big difference to someones score. On the whole i dont think its fair

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, did anyone else receive an email with eligibility criteria forms that needs to be completed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "Sherlock")
    Hi Guys, did anyone else receive an email with eligibility criteria forms that needs to be completed?
    yup
    Still going to get rejected

ReputationRep:
    Hii. Yes I received it today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yup
    Still going to get rejected

Don't worry, you have good chance to get in. I'm feeling a little down as well but I know I did my best so . Hopefully We'll both interviews.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, you have good chance to get in. I'm feeling a little down as well but I know I did my best so . Hopefully We'll both interviews.
    When are you planning on sending it? I wonder how many applications they go this year..I am expecting an increase.. Do you meet more than 3 ( I know it makes no difference)

ReputationRep:
    When are you planning on sending it? I wonder how many applications they go this year..I am expecting an increase.. Do you meet more than 3 ( I know it makes no difference)
    I'm thinking about sending it as soon as possible ,so this week. I'm not sure about the number of applicants but I expect an Increase as well, the UKCAT exam was evil this year.In terms of Criteria I think I meet 4 of them but I'm not sure about 1 so I'll say 3 secure ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomango)
    Hii. Yes I received it today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I can ask you, where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about sending it as soon as possible ,so this week. I'm not sure about the number of applicants but I expect an Increase as well, the UKCAT exam was evil this year.In terms of Criteria I think I meet 4 of them but I'm not sure about 1 so I'll say 3 secure ones.
    cool good luck hope you get it

ReputationRep:
    cool good luck hope you get it
    Thanks you too

ReputationRep:
    I wish everyone on here got interviews

ReputationRep:
    I wish everyone on here got interviews
    All we can do is wait and hope.

ReputationRep:
    i need a poo when i ever read this thread

ReputationRep:
    must be the nerves.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanconnel)
    I regret applyin here. I have a ukcat score of 565. I know admissions say they don't use it unless if theirs borderline candidates but i'm not convinced. 2 people i spoke to who are on this course both got 650+
    They absolutely 100% do not use the UKCAT! don't worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Why then do they say on the website, 'The UKCAT score will be used alongside all other information as part of the selection process.' Surely they look at the UKCAT but don't add too much weighting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    Plus why sit the exam in the first place if they don't use it???
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanconnel)
    Why then do they say on the website, 'The UKCAT score will be used alongside all other information as part of the selection process.' Surely they look at the UKCAT but don't add too much weighting.
    Because they use it if they have to compare two extremely similar applicants as you said ( so I guess 100% wasn't quite right). It doesn't come in to any other aspect though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulmedic786)
    I currently hold an Engineering foundation year
    offer from Nottingham (BCC). If I reject the offer and take a gap year to apply for BM6, can I reapply to Nottingham for the foundation year again as a back up or would they just reject me taking into account that I previously rejected them?
    Hi, I'm looking to apply for this degree. What did you get for AS/A2 and is it competitive?

ReputationRep:
    If you've received the eligibility email from the uni does that mean that you've passed the minimum entry requirement? (like your grades) Or does that get monitored after they receive the eligibility proof?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.