Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How will you open your GCSE Results? Watch

Announcements
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Realistically what will happen:
    I'll be a bit scared while I'm waiting for them, then I'll open it. I'll quickly check the grades I need for sixth form, they should be fine, then I'll go through my others and see what I got overall. I'll hopefully be in double figures for A*s, there'll be a few subjects I should have done better in, but overall I'll be pretty happy.

I'll see how true this is :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackorchard_01)
    What did u get for ur gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can't remember man, but i got like 5 A-C grades which got me into 6th form, then i failed ever A-level exam, went to college for 2 years, got Distinction*, Distinction, Distinction. Now I'm at university with a 2:1 for the first year :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    AQA English Literature A. I also know what units I will be doing for the exams, if by any chance you may want to know. I'm very interested in doing it, mainly for the experience. I might just do it for 1-3 years or so but that's a while yet so I can't say for sure now. I'm so interested in Japan though, and want to experience life there. I never want to live there for my whole life or anything though, since as a foreigner I'd probably not fit in anyway. :lol:

I haven't started learning either. Right now it's just something I want to do, I don't know anything either but those random words you pick up whilst watching anime. I plan to start either learning during or after sixth form, or failing that by getting Japanese tuition after uni. I think tuition would be best - seriously have NO clue where to start.

Yep, they really screwed up with that. To be fair most people even in our generation aren't brilliant at using computers though, so I can somewhat understand.

Thanks. For the sake for the current Year 10's at my school I hope they don't have her as a teacher!
    I know some unis offer classes/modules in languages so Japanese may be one! Ah lucky; I'm on Edexcel and there aren't many resources for it! So what texts are you going to be studying? You won't stick out like a sore thumb as so many foreigners are there now, but I know what you mean.

Our generation is pro with the internet but not the best with certain software I guess! Fingers crossed for them and the year below that, as they start new specs in some subjects- the not so great teachers will struggle more!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    I am the same, I have worked so hard and will be disappointed with things less than my hopes. Depends though, I wouldn't be disappointed with missing an A* and only getting an A.
    Depends on the subject/mock results. Something like English Language- an A won't suffice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krollo)
    I'll hopefully be in double figures for A*s
    This is what I mean about you all being so lucky to do so many GCSES!
    You are hoping for double figures in just A*s whereas I won't be getting a double figure amount of gcses at all purely because my school doesn't allow that many to be studied :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    I know some unis offer classes/modules in languages so Japanese may be one! Ah lucky; I'm on Edexcel and there aren't many resources for it! So what texts are you going to be studying? You won't stick out like a sore thumb as so many foreigners are there now, but I know what you mean.

Our generation is pro with the internet but not the best with certain software I guess! Fingers crossed for them and the year below that, as they start new specs in some subjects- the not so great teachers will struggle more!
    I know that SOAS do classes so I could easily just sign up and pay for Japanese classes from them later on. Oh right, and I don't know what texts unfortunately just that for the AS exam I'll be doing World War One texts and for A2 'Literature of Love Through the Ages'. I also know that I'll be doing a Shakespeare play for A2 but they didn't specify which play.

Out of all my teachers my Geog one was the worst, I hope she gets fired!

ReputationRep:
    What i'm HOPING for:
    All A*

What i'm expecting:
    I really don't know tbh, hopefully all over C's, but i'll be over the moon with even 3 A*'s

How will I open them:
    I'll walk to school with my friends (we don't live too far away), and then if i'm too scared to open them myself i'll ask a mate to open them for me

How will I celebrate:
    Smile and be thankful I didn't do worse ... But then the Sixth Form I want to go to has Pre-Induction tasks for us to complete (within a week because we enrol on September 2nd)

Will I meet my Sixth Form offer:
    Hopefully x

ReputationRep:
    This wait is KILLLLLIIIIINNNGGG ME!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    This wait is KILLLLLIIIIINNNGGG ME!!!!
    Me toooo Nice to know i'm not alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer Rose)
    Me toooo Nice to know i'm not alone

I absolutely hate that we have to wait this long, it is horrible. I can't stop thinking about my exams and what my results will be like, i even dream about it haha...Hopefully it will be worth it in the end though.

ReputationRep:
    I did GCSEs last year - I was on holiday so I had to call into school (scariest moment of my life) to get my grades, then wrote the subject followed by the grade into the sand with a stick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p.formanko)
    I did GCSEs last year - I was on holiday so I had to call into school (scariest moment of my life) to get my grades, then wrote the subject followed by the grade into the sand with a stick

Were you surprised with your results, or were they what you expected?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/educat...2014-468-0-0-0

Read this if you want to be slightly more depressed than you were before.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohitstia)
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/educat...2014-468-0-0-0

Read this if you want to be slightly more depressed than you were before.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can't read the whole article because the times wants me to pay haha. What else does it say?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs don't matter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idomaths)
    GCSEs don't matter!
    Of course they do. They help us get into the subjects we wish to study at sixth form. And of you're going by that logic...do A-levels matter when you have a degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    And of you're going by that logic...do A-levels matter when you have a degree?
    No, they do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    Were you surprised with your results, or were they what you expected?

Well I was a nervous wreck until I got them - I wrote them all down and I was like "whoa, that's not bad!"

I was aiming to get all A's and I ended up getting 3 x A* and 6 x A, so a pleasant surprise - one A* was in History and my coursework sucked so I was really happy

Perhaps now in hindsight though I'm feeling that I could have pushed myself even harder...

Good luck with your results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p.formanko)
    Well I was a nervous wreck until I got them - I wrote them all down and I was like "whoa, that's not bad!"

I was aiming to get all A's and I ended up getting 3 x A* and 6 x A, so a pleasant surprise - one A* was in History and my coursework sucked so I was really happy

Perhaps now in hindsight though I'm feeling that I could have pushed myself even harder...

Good luck with your results

Wow that is really good, I am going to be be a nervous wreck too haha, and thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hoping for B's in all subjects.
    Expecting Cs and Ds because i was on the internet more than studying lol.
    Probs have to do a btec in sixth form even though i was predicted A/A*s haha
    I am very worried though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.