Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Eek! 15 January then my SGUL interview the next day.

ReputationRep:
    Booked in for the 30th. See some of you then maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Men)
    Booked in for the 30th. See some of you then maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm on the 30th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Booked for the 16th. Now the joy of prep!

ReputationRep:
    Think I took the last one for the 23rd.

Would be interested to know whether Swansea collate the feedback/scores from every interview prior to releasing offers, or if decisions are made on the day? If it is the latter, would an early interview be potentially more advantageous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Swansea don't, but George's do.. Which pisses me off as I'm not in the january interviews
    But I don't know if their interviews are based on just going down from your GAMSAT scores with those in jan being the top scores..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having an interview in the beginning of the cycle has no advantage compared with the end of the cycle. You'll be judged fairly no matter when your interview day.

(Original post by MiloMilo)
    Think I took the last one for the 23rd.

Would be interested to know whether Swansea collate the feedback/scores from every interview prior to releasing offers, or if decisions are made on the day? If it is the latter, would an early interview be potentially more advantageous?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about the written exercise on the interview day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craigh)
    Having an interview in the beginning of the cycle has no advantage compared with the end of the cycle. You'll be judged fairly no matter when your interview day.
    Thank you for the update, Craigh.

ReputationRep:
    I took earlier as I figure the interviewers may be in better moods. There's a lot to be said for acknowledging that interviewers are humans too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BD7391)
    I took earlier as I figure the interviewers may be in better moods. There's a lot to be said for acknowledging that interviewers are humans too.
    I began to analyse the mentality of this too... but decided that as I have an early St George's interview I should allow myself 2 weeks to learn from any mistakes (and that took me to the 23rd).

Do we have any other thread followers going to Swansea on Wednesday? I'm having to take a nightbus at 3am to get to Paddington - just to arrive before 10am by train! See some of you there?

ReputationRep:
    I began to analyse the mentality of this too... but decided that as I have an early St George's interview I should allow myself 2 weeks to learn from any mistakes (and that took me to the 23rd).

Do we have any other thread followers going to Swansea on Wednesday? I'm having to take a nightbus at 3am to get to Paddington - just to arrive before 10am by train! See some of you there?
    I'm going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BD7391)
    I think the others are talking about interviewing earlier in the month as opposed to earlier in the day.

Given the structure of Swansea's interviews and that they only have ~10 candidates per day, I can't imagine the interviewers moods dropping after a couple of hours. If you're the sort of person who enjoys engaging and communicating with others I'd imagine interviewing wouldn't be such a chore.

I do think it's important to note that interviewers are human, more because they may interpret things differently to how you intend them and less because of interviewer bias.

ReputationRep:

What the bloody ****?! How far are you coming from? I have a feeling I discussed this with someone already, wasn't you perchance?

I'll be going too, hoping to drive down at about 6am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    What the bloody ****?! How far are you coming from? I have a feeling I discussed this with someone already, wasn't you perchance?

I'll be going too, hoping to drive down at about 6am.
    5.19am train out of London gets me into Swansea at 9.01 - but there's no tubes at that time in the morning so I'll be getting night buses via Oxford Circus (I live in Bethnal Green) at around 4am. So need to wake up at 3

ReputationRep:

I'll be there on Weds, and my interview's on the 23rd too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttoned.up)
    I'll be there on Weds, and my interview's on the 23rd too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So early

ReputationRep:
    Shout out to the people on the 05:19 from Paddington. It's too early and cold as d**ks.
    I swear this better be the best open day ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyyy24)
    Shout out to the people on the 05:19 from Paddington. It's too early and cold as d**ks.
    I swear this better be the best open day ever.
    Haha. It will... It will...

I'm in coach C if you want boring medicine conversation for 3 and a half hours

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.