(Original post by IqraHaq)
    I'm 5ft btw, jus sayin :rolleyes:
    I know that, I'm 6ft in case you didn't know :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBBQ)
    I know that, I'm 6ft in case you didn't know :teehee:
    Lol why am I even quoting you and talking bakwaas anyway? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to weigh in and say that as a short girl myself (5'2) i love tall guys too! in fact for a while I would only date someone who was taller than 5'11! (I've since shortened that to 5'7 because being Indian, there aren't so many very tall guys!)

ReputationRep:
    Most girls (below 5'10 or so) are around or just above my shoulders so it doesn't make much difference. It's really not something I look for at all, the only thing being that I quite like teasing girls for being shorter than me but it's rare that I can't do that anyway,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IqraHaq)
    Lol why am I even quoting you and talking bakwaas anyway? :rofl:
    Idk :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    so like 5'1-5'4?
    I'm 6'5... yes, yes I do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporality)
    If more than one person is having trouble understanding what you've said, that indicates that there was something unclear about the way you expressed yourself, not that all those people* can't read.

'Stronger genes' is not a clear turn of phrase to use anyway - that could mean genes that make a person have physical strength or it could mean genes that are desirable. This thread is about tallness and shortness, not physical strength anyway. Could you explain what you actually meant in a logical and clear fashion? Then maybe people wouldn't have trouble understanding.

Plus turning down a woman for procreation is still harsh. I like how people apparently switch on and off their romantic feelings for someone based on cultural or genetic compatibility*. For me turning off your feelings for someone is an impossibility
    I was perfectly clear in expressing myself, so the fault must lie on the receiving end.
    Additionally, the term 'stronger genes' cannot refer to genes that consider an increased amount of physical strength, that should be more than obvious by the proper use of grammar.
    I can't speak for others turning off their romantic feelings for others, and I'm not fully sure where this and the cultural reference actually came from. I certainly mentioned nothing of this, so I'm not sure why you're holding it against me. I merely said that I would not have a child with a woman that was too small, not that I wouldn't fall in love with them or build a life with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haventdonemuch)
    I would like to weigh in and say that as a short girl myself (5'2) i love tall guys too! in fact for a while I would only date someone who was taller than 5'11! (I've since shortened that to 5'7 because being Indian, there aren't so many very tall guys!)
    I'm not saying this is necessarily true of all girls, and I'm not targeting you personally here, but most girls are really terrible at judging height, especially when they don't have a known marker around

I'm just above 6'1 but I've had girls estimate me as anything from 5'10 to 6'4. Most girls seem to underestimate my height by an inch or so. But it's just quite funny when I hear girls say "I only date someone above X" (which is quite common) when it's clear they aren't very good at estimating it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Llewellyn)
    I'm not saying this is necessarily true of all girls, and I'm not targeting you personally here, but most girls are really terrible at judging height, especially when they don't have a known marker around

I'm just above 6'1 but I've had girls estimate me as anything from 5'10 to 6'4. Most girls seem to underestimate my height by an inch or so. But it's just quite funny when I hear girls say "I only date someone above X" (which is quite common) when it's clear they aren't very good at estimating it.

haha Well I normally just stand next to the guy and i can Kind of tell how tall he is, true im probably not the best judge of height, but i guess thats okay for someone who's 5'10 who makes the threshold because of my poor judgement

ReputationRep:
    No. Only 165cm to 169cm is acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    No. Only 165cm to 169cm is acceptable.
    that means you're drawn to women who are somewhat manlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P357)
    that means you're drawn to women who are somewhat manlier.
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'4" and 18 stone. No fat, just an unhealthy gym obsession. My last girlfriend was 5' on the dot and slim. We looked absolutely ridiculous together. I haven't got a problem with it but it does look weird.

The girl I'm with at the moment is 5'10" and it's just a lot easier. Things like holding hands aren't a chore, I don't have to bend down. Oh and I also looked like a paedophile and received a ludicrous amount of 'banter' about it.

ReputationRep:
    haha lol that's ok and how tall are you?
    180CM

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't go for a Klitschko - Panettiere height difference of 1 and a half foot, it just looks weird :lol:

(Original post by h3isenberg)
    I probably wouldn't go for a Klitschko - Panettiere height difference of 1 and a half foot, it just looks weird :lol:
    yh tbh, that looks weird but I think a 5'11 guy looks fine with 5'1 girl.

I'm 11 almost 12 I'm 4 ft 6 is that to short? My friends tower over me is that bad and do guys have crushs on me and why?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 11 almost 12 I'm 4 ft 6 is that to short? My friends tower over me is that bad and do guys have crushs on me and why?
    You're not even 12 yet!, you have loads of time to grow, both in size and maturity and into relationships. I'm guessing you're only just starting puberty so haven't had a growth spurt yet.

You're a little young to be worrying too much about relationships and what guys think of you. Don't be in such a rush.

ReputationRep:
    If they're curvy then sure, I've dated girls in the range: 5'0 to 6'0 :borat:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just because a girl is short doesn't mean she's a sex object. grow up

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.