Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what would u think of me (rich international student) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Intelligent)
    A lot of jealous and bitter people on this thread...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you said it right on the bitter part ! Alot of people are bitter here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    He just clarified. How is that bragging? He didn't say LOL LOOK AT MY HOUSE PLEBS?

Why are these people scum of the earth? Are they harming people? Are they being nasty?

P.S, hating won't get you any of my stuff, sorry babe
    Couldn't explain better than this !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krazy prince)
    Couldn't explain better than this !
    It's pathetic I don't understand it

"I'm poor so everyone else has to be!"

That's literally his logic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisefire)
    Old money truly is absolutely everything on this planet. It and what it does, and the kind of lives the rich have because of it, and the established, beautiful opportunities they have... Respect old money, to become a part of it, one day. It's your own goals you're resenting anyhow.
    Appreciate that !

ReputationRep:

Lets not call him poor though but its not just only him everyone wants to kill the rich here. I don't think so many people would be jealous, its something like what they wanted but as for now they are saying money and people with money sucks. Everybody has the wish to get rich so if you get it would you throw your lads out of the house and say earn your living your way henceforth? Its pathetic how they think !

Hello, I am an international student and am holding an offer from kings.
      Before moving to UK this Sep, I wanted to know what pschy do UK students have for us and found it quite funny when I read the threads like what do rich international students think of us and they are spoiled etc.
      Actually why I made this thread is so I can know why do u actually think we are spoiled or we are different from you when you yourself actually have a huge upper hand (fluent English) . I, before reading threads like this, thought that may be students would think down on me as I don't belong to their culture and dun know how the things go on there (though have visited UK many times as u would expect from a rich int student ;-) ) .
      So to tell u about myself , yes I am one of those students who has latest macs, smartphones and my parents will buy me a flat and a BMW when I move there though in no way I think I will be bragging about it or think m better than u people and personally am a very down to earth person, this is the reason m leaving all this wealth n moving over there but still all these come with me where ever I'll move.
      Thanks for reading this essay and please share Ur thoughts on why u think students with lots of moneyare not like u.
      You're going to King's. Trust me you will not be the only rich kid there you'll get on fine with others if you're a decent person, nothing to do with money.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by EmmaHalley)
      I don't know anyone who feels like you've said to international rich students? However, even though my parents have bought me a house and a mini and another car I don't go around bragging about be a rich student like you do. ( I'm not bragging I'm emphasising that having what you have isn't rare in the uk. Most of my friends have had cars and flats / houses bought for them). Maybe that's why you get the feeling people aren't so welcoming? I don't know, I just know people hate people bragging about what they have. It's not a nice trait.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Honestly thought your name was Emile Heskey for a sec lol

ReputationRep:

I'm not poor, I earnt what I have, I worked for it.

What I didn't have it is handed to me whilst I sat on my arse, watched TV and *****ed about all the poor people who don't have flashy cars and houses.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SomeStudent)
      You're going to King's. Trust me you will not be the only rich kid there you'll get on fine with others if you're a decent person, nothing to do with money.
      That made me glad! Thankyou

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Daniel9510)

What I didn't have it is handed to me whilst I sat on my arse, watched TV and *****ed about all the poor people who don't have flashy cars and houses.
      Sorry for calling you poor but couldn't agree any less on the other things she said.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by goldie56)
      Honestly thought your name was Emile Heskey for a sec lol
      Haha not quite

ReputationRep:

No one here is *****ing about poor people

Why do you hate people who have it handed to them? Are they harming you?

ReputationRep:

THISSS

ReputationRep:

They harm our society, the way of life.

I've worked with Uni Brats bankrolled by their parents. They don't do jobs properly, have no skills, and don't care. Why? When they get sacked mummy and daddy just give them some more money for their trouble.

Again, I don't mind people whose parents pay for everything, I hate those that brag about it.

As others have put on here, the way the stuck up OP put his thread shows quite clearly the intention was to show how rich he was.

ReputationRep:

I've worked with Uni Brats bankrolled by their parents. They don't do jobs properly, have no skills, and don't care. Why? When they get sacked mummy and daddy just give them some more money for their trouble.

Again, I don't mind people whose parents pay for everything, I hate those that brag about it.

As others have put on here, the way the stuck up OP put his thread shows quite clearly the intention was to show how rich he was.
      Yeah I am very rich and will tell whole of the London in the loudspeaker. now relax and chill out. Take a sigh of relief.

ReputationRep:
      i am not at all offended brother by what u said bcz wat u said shows alot of pain. but wat i actually tried to point out was i would be moving to a different country leaving all the luxuries i could have enjoyed by staying here but i choose to make a future of my own and not just rely on my father's income . and for the part that i have everything , personally i think it is the fate and a blessing for me but m trying to use it for my education whereas many of my frnds r just staying over here n would enjoy alot more than me but dat doesnt really bother me as there would be many students who would not even have wat m taking wid me. if still u think we r spoiled then wat is the reason for that ??

and by flat i mean a house, just to avoid the confusion.
      That last bit made me laugh. Is this a satire troll thread?

You're spoilt because you get a free house lmao.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tehFrance)
      Are you sure you're wealthy? I ask as you appear to have been sent to an absolutely **** school for your English studies, no doubt some backwater dump in Africa?

If you're in London, you'll be considered poor. I personally had a house bought for me, a couple of cars and a motorbike as well as MacBook and iPhone. I also had a Centurion AMEX (secondary cardholder). A BMW is a poor persons car, might I suggest a Bugatti instead?

If you want to be considered rich in London, you need property starting at £5 million, a chauffeured car or two and plenty of capital left over for holidays/investments/partying etc.

Good luck at uni, you'll need it
      Do many students of London unis get these things from their parents?

ReputationRep:

How does it harm society? Please, elaborate

How is staring you're rich bragging?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ChickenMadness)
      That last bit made me laugh. Is this a satire troll thread?

You're spoilt because you get a free house lmao.
      Lol nice logic. I am spoiled because I get a free house.lol

ReputationRep:
      Lol nice logic. I am spoiled because I get a free house.lol
      yes why is that hard to understand? You get a free house, free car, parents pay for everything. You don't have to work to pay for anything. Thats what spoilt is

Or were you not being sarcastic? Hard to tell if this thread is satire or not.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.